2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Biyombo was rumored around $17-18mil before Free Agency began. Have to doubt that is still the case. Has to be closer to a max deal now, if not a max

Mahinmi is a valid test case, we'll have to see what he gets first

Yea I think Bismack gets 20 now with the what we've seen so far.

man, they brought out the Dream for Kent Bazemore, what is going on

why couldn't I have been 6'5 or taller :smh:

They drug out Clyde and Hakeem with Harden and the rest for Bazemore. 
laugh.gif

You almost gotta sign after that.

Last edited:
Ankle issues that required surgery. It was a chronic problem.

Yea and he still didn't miss as much games as Beal has through his 1st 4 years.

He also played over 70 games a season every year besides 1.

Beal has played over 70 games in a season once in his career.

Chronic ankle problems are easier to fix than repeat stress fractures, come on b.

You can give Curry a dead mans ankle, they aren't growing new bones for Beal.

Listen, b. Did I argue to the contrary about Beal's time missed? Nope. You're formulating an argument against something I never said.

Did Steph Curry overcome ankle injuries to become somewhat durable? Yes. There isn't even a debate there.

Can Beal do the same and become relatively healthy for a full season? Who knows? However, it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

The max deal was essentially given out of good faith. Same thing happened with Wall when he signed his contract a few years back.

Everyone knows that Beal is brittle...but there is hope that he can live up to the deal by playing in the majority of the games for the duration of the contract.

He's got to stay on the court. You can't help some injuries. It's bad luck for some, and others (like Andre Miller) defy logic with how they've been able to maintain a string of good health over the years while admitting they don't take care of their bodies when out of season.

It's a wait and see with Beal, and he deserves the scrutiny due to his injury history. However, for this team to have better success, they need both he and Wall on the court playing at a high level.

Jarrett Jack worried about Lin contract when he about to turn 33 and is dressed like a high school sophomore in his Twitter avy.

Get your life man.

Biyombo was rumored around $17-18mil before Free Agency began. Have to doubt that is still the case. Has to be closer to a max deal now, if not a max

Mahinmi is a valid test case, we'll have to see what he gets first

Yea I think Bismack gets 20 now with the what we've seen so far.

Looking at next year's Center Free Agents... Guys like Gobert, Adams, Noel, Len are all restricted, and 2 of the 4 are not happening even with a max. Len likely isn't going to happen either for anything but the max, but wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at a little less. And it's dangerous putting all your cards on Noel, and having not a damn clue what team he will be on, or if the Sixers have to match simply for lack of other contracts

Leaves you with Bogut, Olynyk (Restricted), Greg Monroe, Mason Plumlee (restricted)

I think what ended up happening for the Lakers once they were out of the Whiteside chase. Was like looking for the deck chairs in the Titanic as it was going down.

Last edited:
One of the biggest mistakes a team can make is spending $$ just to spend it ...ALWAYS comes back to haunt the team

The magic been doing that on the low for a few years now :smh:

Last edited:
Beal, official...

WojVerticalNBA: Bradley Beal has agreed to a five-year, $128M-plus max contract to stay with the Wizards, agent Mark Bartelstein tells @TheVertical.

This is completely off topic but maybe somebody could answer this for me...

Are they gonna have these scrubs host First Take until they find a replacement for Skip?

Are they gonna have these scrubs host First Take until they find a replacement for Skip?

Yup.

I wouldn't be surprised if eventually they axe the show, and just give Stephen A. his own show in the AM

Looking at next year's Center Free Agents... Guys like Gobert, Adams, Noel, Len are all restricted, and 2 of the 4 are not happening even with a max.

Leaves you with Bogut, Olynyk (Restricted), Greg Monroe, Mason Plumlee (restricted)

I think what ended up happening for the Lakers once they were out of the Whiteside chase. Was like looking for the deck chairs in the Titanic as it was going down.

I would throw a max at Nerlens before I give Moz that deal.

Or you just wait until Boogie is available at the trade deadline.

Lakers should be trying to be terrible next year for that top 3 protected pick, this move handicaps their future * probably makes them just good enough to lose the draft pick.

You're right that once they were out of the Whiteside chase they overreacted, they didn't need to make a move, this reeks of desperation.

Beal, official...

WojVerticalNBA: Bradley Beal has agreed to a five-year, $128M-plus max contract to stay with the Wizards, agent Mark Bartelstein tells @TheVertical.
Keep that backcourt together :pimp: ...just need oubre n porter to keep getting better , and another big

You know what's crazy...if you look at the advanced metrics, Porter compared VERY well to Nic Batum last year. This is part of the reason why I didn't understand the Wizards wanting to make a push for him.

Anyways, this Beal contract was a foregone conclusion. I'm not mad about it and all we can do is hope that he stays healthy. Hard to believe he just turned 23 a few days ago.

Not mad at Beal's deal. Didn't deserve more than Derozan that's for sure. Pray to God he's over the nagging injuries and takes that all star leap next season and beyond. Wizards really have no other options, no one wants to come here so you gotta build from within

Stephen A is on vacation, rumor is Max Kellerman will be the new replacement. He's not bad and knows his **** ESPECIALLY about boxing

I remember when base was riding the dubs bench, making like $40 dollars a year, making up new celebrations. Perfect example of you life could always drastically change

Jeremy Lin>>>>>Jarrett Jack.

Jeremy Lin is what people THINK Jarret Jack is.

Jarret Jack does this weird thing where every time he's on the court your team is significantly worse.

Back
Top Bottom