2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

This is completely off topic but maybe somebody could answer this for me...

Are they gonna have these scrubs host First Take until they find a replacement for Skip?

its over man, first take was trolling skip and Smith, those two were great together
glad Skip got paid though, lol fox sports

Portland has a very good starting big man in Mason Plumlee. I dont think they wanna offer a back up big man (Bismack) that much money.

Last edited:
Dead serious, Jarrett Jack sucks, and has ALWAYS sucked.

Terrible defender, overrated shot jacker, can't run an offense.

Lin is a better player now and will be in the future, the idea that Jack feels comfortable enough to ridicule him on twitter tells me something is seriously effecting the perception of his role in the NBA landscape.

Lin is not that damn good for one. Better than jack but still. And again, players and media talk **** about other players all the time, this is not an Asian thing. Huge reach trying to make this about race

Portland has a very good starting big man in Mason Plumlee. I dont think they wanna offer a back up big man that much money.

Mason Plumlee can't defend the rim or finish at the rim, he shouldn't start.

He's a great passer and a capable rebounder but he's not a starter on a WCF team and that's what Portland has the potential to be.

He would be GREAT coming off the bench giving you a solid 25, will keep the offense humming in the second unit.

Last edited:
Dead serious, Jarrett Jack sucks, and has ALWAYS sucked.

Terrible defender, overrated shot jacker, can't run an offense.

Lin is a better player now and will be in the future, the idea that Jack feels comfortable enough to ridicule him on twitter tells me something is seriously effecting the perception of his role in the NBA landscape.

Lin is not that damn good for one. Better than jack but still. And again, players and media talk **** about other players all the time, this is not an Asian thing. Huge reach trying to make this about race

You couldn't be more wrong. Lin had a hell of a year in Charlotte and is valuable. He deserved every penny and was paid accordingly in today's NBA.

Jon Wall is multi time all star and a former #1 pick.

Players of his caliber say stuff sometimes.

but Jarrett ******* Jack?

You stay moving goal posts bro :lol:. So if wall laughed at lin's contract that would be cool? Or it would be an Asian thing. Again, huge reach trying to make this about race.

You couldn't be more wrong. Lin had a hell of a year in Charlotte and is valuable. He deserved every penny and was paid accordingly in today's NBA.

You arguing with a wall man, dudes just don't get it.

Jarrett Jack is one those players that the casual NBA fan thinks is good but is secretly terrible.

I remember dealing with this when he was on the Raptors.

Jarrett Jack is Luke Ridnour with more melanin.

I totally wouldnt be surprised if we lost Austin and ended up replacing him with Jarret Jack.

And **** nyk for setting the market on bigs. No way we're keeping cole now.

He had the same year or worse than he had the season before with the Lakers which also led to him signing a cheap deal, he just was on a better team. He's the same player he's always been.

You could make a strong argument Lin should've won Sixth Man last season.

He's a really solid player. I'm actually surprised he only got $12M.

I hope Biyombo gets a call asap once the Warriors meeting with Durant is over

be smart dummies, know your weakness( no centers) and sign a decent guy that can actually cause LeBron to not drive in the lane so much

Jarrett Jack is awful. Had to watch him start for way too long. He did say that he wasn't laughing at Lin though. Not that he's telling the truth but blatant disrespect would be standing by it.

Can't believe some of these deals. Noah gets 70 million at midnight. Derozan gets 30m per year for being useless in the playoffs. Batum gets 30m at his age? This isn't even about the cap jump anymore. Teams are just going crazy.

Market heating up for Wade.

Multiple teams offering multi year max/near max deals.

Don't see him taking less again unless Riley starts letting him drink some of that fresh children's blood that keeps him going.

Brooklyn has enough money to actually make decent moves, but players aren't rushing to go there. They could be legit, 7-8 seed if they are able to get a couple competent players.

Knicks going to offer Rivers 12 million per, watch.

Oh I know its coming.

A few 100 pages ago I asked nyk fans in this very thread how they felt about AR because BKN, and NYC were very real possibilites for him.

12Ms is a bit much for AR I think, but he is just 23 yrs old

Back
Top Bottom