2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I would throw a max at Nerlens before I give Moz that deal.

Or you just wait until Boogie is available at the trade deadline.

Lakers should be trying to be terrible next year for that top 3 protected pick, this move handicaps their future * probably makes them just good enough to lose the draft pick.

You're right that once they were out of the Whiteside chase they overreacted, they didn't need to make a move, this reeks of desperation.

So would I on Noel... But the problem is, there's no idea whether Noel is still on the Sixers in a month, or 6 months.. And if he isn't you wasted your time on him go. No team is trading assets for Noel, knowing he's a RFA in a season, and then letting him. Even then, I don't think the Sixers have a choice but to max him if he doesn't get traded, and gets that offer due to lack of salaries elsewhere.

I'm wholeheartedly against trading for Boogie. Because Russell & Ingram are untouchable... And without them, there's no chance at a deal. Not even up for any discussion at all, unless it's KAT, Anthony Davis, KD or LeBron. That's not overvaluing them saying they are Top 5 players, it's valuing their current salary + potential.

As for trying to keep the pick.. Please stop. They just did this this past season, and what did it get? Timofey Mozgov. KD, Whiteside wouldn't even look their way. Another pick isn't helping them land that star they want. It's time to start improving the team in any way possible. And putting a team that can help the young players grow. Because clearly just getting picks means nothing.

And I was pointing out just based on the options, even if it was bad.. It could have been the best of the bad choices

Last edited:
This is completely off topic but maybe somebody could answer this for me...

Are they gonna have these scrubs host First Take until they find a replacement for Skip?

Last I had heard was that Max Kellerman was gonna get the gig.

Knicks have about 20 million left in cap space after signing Noah.

I'm scared about what happens with that but at least now we know they won't be giving Dwight a max deal.

Also it's becoming increasingly impossible to ignore the racial element to the way Jeremy Lin is perceived and covered.

any other NBA player would get publicly run down by another NBA player in public like Jack just did to Lin??

and coming from someone who sucks at playing basketball like Jarrett Jack.

Last edited:
Also it's becoming increasingly impossible to ignore the racial element to the way Jeremy Lin is perceived and covered.

any other NBA player would get publicly run down by another NBA player in public like Jack just did to Lin.

It's been there for a while.

It's the same reason guys in this thread still try to **** on him but it's obvious that they really aren't even aware of his game now.

Sad and petty really in a league that is supposed to be the most progressive.

Brook-Lin puns already becoming unbearable on social media

lin1.jpg

Have to believe this played a role in the signing.

any other NBA player would get publicly run down by another NBA player in public like Jack just did to Lin??

Stop it :lol:. You can't be serious

only problem is not sure brooklyn is best fit for lin, he's best with atheltic big men running pick and roll.

any other NBA player would get publicly run down by another NBA player in public like Jack just did to Lin.

It's been there for a while.

It's the same reason guys in this thread still try to **** on him but it's obvious that they really aren't even aware of his game now.

Sad and petty really in a league that is supposed to be the most progressive.

pretty much. and until more Asian-American dudes break into the league, he's always gonna be looked at as an oddity/sideshow ignoring the fact that he's a legit NBA player in his own right. shoot, Linsanity was built on that notion :lol:

Yall really gonna act like wall didn't make worse remarks about shmurdas contract. Players talk **** about each other all the time, stop caping for Lin.

So would I on Noel... But the problem is, there's no idea whether Noel is still on the Sixers in a month, or 6 months.. And if he isn't you wasted your time on him go. No team is trading assets for Noel, knowing he's a RFA in a season, and then letting him. Even then, I don't think the Sixers have a choice but to max him if he doesn't get traded, and gets that offer due to lack of salaries elsewhere.

I'm wholeheartedly against trading for Boogie. Because Russell & Ingram are untouchable... And without them, there's no chance at a deal. Not even up for any discussion at all, unless it's KAT, Anthony Davis, KD or LeBron. That's not overvaluing them saying they are Top 5 players, it's valuing their current salary + potential.

As for trying to keep the pick.. Please stop. They just did this this past season, and what did it get? Timofey Mozgov. KD, Whiteside wouldn't even look their way. Another pick isn't helping them land that star they want. It's time to start improving the team in any way possible. And putting a team that can help the young players grow. Because clearly just getting picks means nothing.

And I was pointing out just based on the options, even if it was bad.. It could have been the best of the bad choices

Sixers won't match a max deal on Nerlens because eventually they will be handicapped with having to pay Jahlil/Saric/Simmons/Embiid, I also expect them to overpay Barnes any day now.

A top 3 pick in a better draft isn't going to help the team but Mozgov is?

I'm sorry but that's just objectively wrong. :lol:

Yea keeping the pick got them Brandon Ingram, don't see how that is nothing considering you just said he's untouchable.

And I think you're wrong about having to give up Russell or Ingram for Boogie, the Kings will be out of bargaining chips by then.

You probably have to give up Randle, Nance + 2018 unprotected 1st.

Last edited:
Stop it :lol:. You can't be serious

Dead serious, Jarrett Jack sucks, and has ALWAYS sucked.

Terrible defender, overrated shot jacker, can't run an offense.

Lin is a better player now and will be in the future, the idea that Jack feels comfortable enough to ridicule him on twitter tells me something is seriously effecting the perception of his role in the NBA landscape.

Yall really gonna act like wall didn't make worse remarks about shmurdas contract. Players talk **** about each other all the time, stop caping for Lin.

Wall's comment wasn't condescending tho....

I think we all know why Lin is slighted...

Last edited:

Jon Wall is multi time all star and a former #1 pick.

Players of his caliber say stuff sometimes.

but Jarrett ******* Jack?

Houston can have an all lefty lineup with Conley, Harden, Baze. Shoulda kept Terrence Jones :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom