2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

@ramonashelburne Heard that Clippers formally offered 6th Man of the Year Jamal Crawford on Saturday, too. But he is still weighing options. Not sure where they get bench scoring if he bolts. They still need a starting small forward, too, after Jeff Green left.
@sam_amick As @ramonashelburne noted, Clippers made an offer to Jamal Crawford. But from what I'm told, that offer will very likely lead to him leaving

Last edited:
Feel like this new market is causing so much movement :lol

I think it would be more news to hear about someone resigning with their team lol

Last edited:
Magically?

They still have CP3, JJ, Blake and Deandre, right? Did I miss something?

The only team in the West to not make the WCF? They will have less depth next year, so its not looking too bright for them next season. I guess people are expecting Jordan to become Hakeem.

They have those 4 players + Pierce, Rivers, Dawson and Wilcox. Good luck filling out the rest of that roster

Last edited:
Meh, Grizz only been to the WCF once and that was when Russ blew his knee out, but that's neither here nor there.

Health provided Clips gonna Clip is what it looks like right now. They'll put together a roster that, health provided will get them to 55 to 57 wins and to the 2nd round. Beyond that who knows. 

They'll still have the best starting 5 in basketball arguably, so they'll be fine. Depth was a pleasant surprise for LAC last year, which it doesn't appear like they'll have this year.

If they can somehow bring back Cole, (I don't think they will be able to) then a 2nd unit of Cole / Austin / Wes Johnson (I think they keep him. Wasn't great last year, but wasn't bad either) and whatever else doc can muster should be good enough to be a top 4 seed out west again. 

They were a top 6 offense and defense from last season and will bring back most of those parts so you hope that continuity helps in that regard. The big thing is if they're going to bring cole back. 

With GSW falling apart, Clippers to the finals
GSW falling apart? 
laugh.gif
  Free agency just started. GSW's depth could potentially be an issue too. Not nearly as easy to hit on buy low guys when even buy low guys are grabbing bags in this market.

They'll still have the best starting 5 in basketball arguably, so they'll be fine. Depth was a pleasant surprise for LAC last year, which it doesn't appear like they'll have this year.

If they can somehow bring back Cole, (I don't think they will be able to) then a 2nd unit of Cole / Austin / Wes Johnson (I think they keep him. Wasn't great last year, but wasn't bad either) and whatever else doc can muster should be good enough to be a top 4 seed out west again. 

They were a top 6 offense and defense from last season and will bring back most of those parts so you hope that continuity helps in that regard. The big thing is if they're going to bring cole back. 
Not even close
He did say arguably. Context.

Back
Top Bottom