2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The only team in the West to not make the WCF? They will have less depth next year, so its not looking too bright for them next season. I guess people are expecting Jordan to become Hakeem.

They have those 4 players + Pierce, Rivers, Dawson and Wilcox. Good luck filling out the rest of that roster

still living off that one WCF appearance, huh? Did you put a banner up in the bedroom?

The Grizzlies are so irrelevant. Everything about Memphis. Irrelevant. Ask 100 people about Memphis, and 125 of them talk about BBQ.

Jamal Crawford is being unrealistic with his contract desires relative to his age and production. I'm not the biggest Jamal fan, but wouldn't mind having him back at all but he's seeking far too big of a payday for an inefficient chuck who's looking 40 right in the eye.

Clipps gon lose JC also he is the H&S of tht team IMO

funny though. Ask a real Clipper fan, and most would tell you good riddance to JC

Great guy, but he kills us more than helps. I would be sad only because he's a good dude

He saved them bums so many times 
He's been largely a trainwreck for LAC come playoff time. LAC's offense and defense for the most part was statistically better without him on the floor. He's a terrific spot up shooter though, but is an overall decline. 

Regardless, there's no way to justify giving 35 to 50Ms for a 36 year old chucker. His shot clock buzzer beaters and 4 point plays just aren't enough when he constantly blows come playoff time. 

Can they replace him tho?
Austin isn't better than Jamal

But Austin was at over 15 a game this year per 36 and is over a decade younger. He also gets to the rim more than Jamal and is showing some signs of being a solid, respectable spot up guy. He's already a world's better defender than Jamal Crawford.

At this point, moving forward it isn't a bad idea to let Austin have that Jamal Crawford role for this team. Inefficient super six men guards are unnecessary for winning teams anyway. 

Thats his job he is one of the few dudes that can create his own on that team he is still better than all these dudes thats getting 10-12M a year deals the past few days
laugh.gif
 He really isn't my man. 

And if his job is to blow come playoff time and not play defense, then do the Clippers really need him? At 36 years old? 

Again given our depth issues I would welcome him back but the money that he's looking for is silly. 

Last edited:
this article saying the lakers hope they can be a playoff team next year lmaooo 

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

“The Lakers are making free agent moves to try and get good right now,” Ding said after referencing Jim Buss’ self-imposed deadline to make the Lakers competitive again, “They hope it’s a playoff ready roster. Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss are hoping to have a contender this coming season, which seems really unlikely.”

Last edited:
If only the Clippers could have made great moves like the Grizzlies did this offseason.

Boogie is no more a power forward than Marc Gasol. AD logs decent minutes at the position and I don't feel comfortable giving Draymond a set position. He's whatever you want him to be
Oh ok so like I said Blake isnt a top 3 PF anymore 
Bruh you only named like 1 and I just pointed out why. 1 is a center and the other is position fluid with his most damage being done in the C position as part of the "death lineup". Name 3 straight up PFs better than Blake.

I highly doubt the Sixers sign Waiters. Just a bad fit playing and attitude wise. Think it's more likely we try to sign Barnes and Crawford.

Horford’s father, Tito, said in a telephone interview Saturday night that his son had narrowed his choices down to the Hawks and the Celtics. As the family discussed the options, the conversation often returned to the uncommon passion of Boston’s fans.

In Atlanta, support at home games was sometimes tepid, despite the fact that the Hawks had gone 108-56 over the last two years.

“There wasn’t as much motivation for him when he saw all the empty seats when they were winning,” Tito Horford said. “He said to me, ‘Dad, when we were playing Boston, they were down 15 points and they were cheering their team like they were winning the game. They’re so into the game.’ This is special for us, especially for him.”
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...cs-max-deal/tW6On2dfcQ8sgmE7oL0zdO/story.html

Back
Top Bottom