2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

WORD ON THE STREETS IS LEBRON JUST ENROLLED HIS KIDS IN SCHOOL SOMEWHERE OUT HERE IN LOS ANGELES [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Awful morning... can't get over this mess. Won't for a long time.

My biggest disappointment is that unfortunately Wade's last seasons wont be with the Miami Heat. The damn Bulls get to enjoy his retirement season unless he returns.

No team but the Miami Heat deserve that luxury.

Awful morning... can't get over this mess. Won't for a long time.

My biggest disappointment is that unfortunately Wade's last seasons wont be with the Miami Heat. The damn Bulls get to enjoy his retirement season unless he returns.

No team but the Miami Heat deserve that luxury.

Returning for a one-day retirement contract or you think a full season to end it in Miami?

Returning for a one-day retirement contract or you think a full season to end it in Miami?
A full final season with the Miami Heat would satisfy me greatly. With the final game of the season being a home game. Just like Kobe.

#wishfulthinking

Mark Cuban and Jerry Buss took care of Dirk/Kobe.

Riley should have done the same. So heartbroken.
tired.gif

The Lakers wanted a proven backup PG, didn't tie themselves long-term and got two second round picks out of it. Good deal.

Wade is on Live Kelly right now.

It's hard to think that Riles wanted Wade to stay. The treatment of Wade throughout the whole process is down right disrespectful. I'm glad they struck out on KD, he would've been treated like trash too.

Damn if he never even called then I guess it's pretty clear that he never wanted to resign him all along...

I get it from a business sense and it's a smart move long term but damn dude should've gotten the chance to retire in a Heat jersey :smh:.

Now I feel Wade a lot more,he wasn't really wanted anymore. Glad he found somewhere that actually did want him.

It's a cold business :smh:

Last edited:
It's hard to think that Riles wanted Wade to stay. The treatment of Wade throughout the whole process is down right disrespectful. I'm glad they struck out on KD, he would've been treated like trash too.
Its cool. Wade is the only reason Riley has done anything significant since leaving Los Angeles & Riley won't ever win another championship. 71 years old & on the cusp of rebuilding. He's done.

Can someone point to all these alleged times Dwyane Wade took a paycut to save the Heat money? Let's do a quick run down of all his free agent opportunities.

1. When Shaq got traded to the teqm in 04, Wade was still on his rookie contract, so he was locked in for 3 more seasons. Shaq was traded there after his rookie season. He didn't make no financial sacrifice for Shaq.

2. His first extension opportunity in 07, Wade didn't take the complete max in order to set himself up to be free agents at the same time with Bosh & Bron. Melo was the only one in that draft class to take the complete max from their team.

3. The only time Wade took less for the team was the Summer of 2010. All 3 were going to get an even split but Wade took less jn order for Haslem to get paid as well.

4. His next free agency was Summer of 2014 when HE decided to opt out of the remaining 2 years 41 millions in order to renegoiate salaries to faciliate LeBron resigning but we all know how that turned out.

Now this free agency is when everything got ugly. I know you guys don't have the best longterm memory but I know you guys rememberWade getting KILLED by Fat Boris Diaw all Finals long. This was after the season long maintenance plan where he was sitting out games, wasn't playing back to backs to conserve his failing knee. He played 54 GAMES total. The running joke around here was that he morphed into Manu Ginobli and in the open market would be paid at that same level. Wade in 2014 was not worth 20 million but Riley still gave him 15 million.

Wade's own agent put Bosh's financial security before Wade's and secured Bosh the max which cut into whatever extra money Wade could have gotten.

5. He came into 2014-2015 season, played 8 more games than the season before and topped off at 62 GAMES. Riley gave him the 20 million he would have had if he didn't opt out in 2014.

6. Wade had a resurgence this year, played amazing in the regular season and postseason. He was offered 40 million.

Wade took one paycut for the team in 14 years, so this sacrifice narrative is garbage.

Its cool. Wade is the only reason Riley has done anything significant since leaving Los Angeles & Riley won't ever win another championship. 71 years old & on the cusp of rebuilding. He's done.

He's whiffed on FAs, 2010 was his best year, dude had to max out Bosh in 2014 and now it's looking like Bosh will play half a season again, if at all. I do like Whiteside, but he is injury-bonehead prone. He's not ready for the keys, but I can see players wanting to come a mentor/play around him.

Back
Top Bottom