2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

So KD announced Monday, this pic was taken 2 days later. Nike already had them kicks ready? 

nike-zoom-kd-4-scoring-title-tour-yellow-lemon-twist-pht-bl-041721_1.jpg

Nike been ready for this since the KD4

I would say that there'd be a power struggle for number one in gs... But KD is too beta for that.

Last edited:

Russ gets KD the ball in the 4th and went KD can't get open with like 5 seconds left on the clock Russ had to shoot it. IE when CP3 somehow locked up KD and he couldn't get the ball against him in the post when OKC played the clips in the west semi's. Or when KD gets passive because he is worried about his FG%. Or when Tony Allen was giving him hell when OKC played the grizz in the playoffs twice.
This is a prime example of what I'm talking about.

During the past 2 seasons, I've PERSONALLY found opinions like the one quoted to be the consensus mentality among both fans and the media.
 I don't know how Russ could be torn down by the media when dude has gotten more than his fair share of criticism from the media and has lowkey acted like a shield for KD over the yearD 
laugh.gif

Dude has gotten most of the blame when things haven't gone well for OKC.
Anyone saying "Westbrook has been getting blamed...." is missing the part where I said THE PAST COUPLE of years. The narrative has certainly shifted to more of a pro-Westbrook / anti-KD theme and it cemented with KD bolting to Golden State.

I never once said that Westbrook has been this beloved guy his entire career so I'm not sure why ppl keep pointing out what was being said back in 2011-2014. I'm talking RECENTLY. 

I just saw not only NT, but a numerous amount of reporters and writers suggest that if there's one guy to blame for OKC losing to GS...it's KD in game 6. So clearly this idea that Westbrook always takes this lion share of the blame has obviously shifted in the past 2 seasons.

All I'm saying is that right now, Westbrook is an ascension among basketball pundits and the casual fan. When he reaches the apex of that...those VERY same ppl will be the ones to crucify him the first opportunity they get. Again, every top 5 player has gone through this and Westbrook is next up. You only get 15 minutes to be the hero before everyone wants to see a new hero.

We literally JUST saw this dynamic with Steph and Lebron 
laugh.gif

Only person I can argue that probably was just widely hated from day one is Kobe but he's probably the only guy that embraced that role from day one. 

Or when Tony Allen was giving him hell when OKC played the grizz in the playoffs twice.
He would literally give him hell. Underappreciated because it didn't get enough attention.

I love TA, but sometimes he used to get away with murder on KD. Got away with a TON of **** that other players with a lesser rep wouldn't have.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@Big J 33 knows what's up too, I know it really stood out to us after some game.

TA is skilled at that **** in general. The stuff in that one game was out of control though.
laugh.gif

Show footage of that TA performance on KD to a hardcore 90's Knicks fan and they'll squirt in their boxers before the tape ends.

Last edited:

He would literally give him hell. Underappreciated because it didn't get enough attention.

I love TA, but sometimes he used to get away with murder on KD. Got away with a TON of **** that other players with a lesser rep wouldn't have.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@Big J 33 knows what's up too, I know it really stood out to us after some game.

TA is skilled at that **** in general. The stuff in that one game was out of control though.
laugh.gif

Show footage of that TA performance on KD to a hardcore 90's Knicks fan and they'll squirt in their boxers before the tape ends.
Oh for sure TA grabbed and held the hell outta KD and got away with it but it was his quick feet and active hands that were very troubling for KD. Iggy does that to KD now 
laugh.gif

Russ is a favorite. Dude hasn't gotten slandered in years.

All you hear about is his triple doubles, him being supposedly as good, if not better than KD, him being "Alpha, and him "playing hard".

Meanwhile, he's a stat ***** that plays 0 defense while having all the tools. But he dunks hard and scowls. So he plays hard :lol:

lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dwyane Wade's Ex Wants To Reopen Divorce Settlement After $47M Deal With Chicago Bulls

Siohvaughn Funches sues former divorce lawyer for malpractice, claims she did not agree to original $5 million payoff

Dwyane Wade's ex-wife is not ready to let go of her divorce to the NBA superstar, and she's asking that her $5 million settlement be reopened so that she can get a bigger piece of his fortune.

Siohvaughn Funches, who was Wade's high school sweetheart, wants a judge to throw out her 2013 settlement and give her more of his basketball earnings, including the $47 million he's set to be paid by his new team, the Chicago Bulls.

Funches is also suing her former divorce lawyer, Brian Hurst, accusing him of malpractice and agreeing to a deal with Wade without her knowledge, reports the Chicago Tribune.

Wade and Funches, who have two sons, got married in 2002 and separated in 2007. Their divorce was made official in 2010.

Judge Martin Agran reportedly tossed out the lawsuit, but allowed her the opportunity to file an amended lawsuit.

The lawsuit, which does not name Wade as a defendant, claims Hurst "failed miserably" to represent her, and required her "to remain out of the conference room where negotiations were taking place" and "informed the court falsely" that she agreed to the deal. She says she was not aware of all the terms in the settlement.

Hurst denied that he kept Funches in the dark.

man i dont get it. Jimmer can murder in the DL and kill in the SL why cant my man steadily do it at NBA level. I know hes better than a lot of other starting PGs in the league.

man i dont get it. Jimmer can murder in the DL and kill in the SL why cant my man steadily do it at NBA level. I know hes better than a lot of other starting PGs in the league.
Hard to tell when someone on here is serious or not anymore...but I'm hoping this one wasn't serious

I honestly don't think it would be a struggle for who's #1 in GS, I don't think that they care, as long as the wins stack up. Dray is the voice of the team, but I don't think that anyone cares who is #1.

Hard to tell when someone on here is serious or not anymore...but I'm hoping this one wasn't serious

very serious. Jimmer is real life nice. He just never produces when he is called up. Isiah took his starting spot in Sac. What about my post did some seem serious? He has the skill. Hes fast, can shoot, can finish at the rack, and has a pretty average handle. His vision could be better but hes too under sized for the 2 so he has to run point. Hes better than J. Lin, Rubio, george hill, pat bev, and exum in my opinion. Again this is my opinion.

Just read Jason kidds comments on getting cold feet and not coming to San Antonio . Yikes

So many what ifs that could've changed the entire course of the league. Pippen getting traded for T-Mac in 97 but MJ killing the deal, Duncan really close to joining Grant and T-Mac in Orlando, Kidd close to joining him in SA but the megamind kid convincing him not to, crazy stuff brehs.

Last edited:
very serious. Jimmer is real life nice. He just never produces when he is called up. Isiah took his starting spot in Sac. What about my post did some seem serious? He has the skill. Hes fast, can shoot, can finish at the rack, and has a pretty average handle. His vision could be better but hes too under sized for the 2 so he has to run point. Hes better than J. Lin, Rubio, george hill, pat bev, and exum in my opinion. Again this is my opinion.
It's lit

So many what ifs that could've changed the entire course of the league. Pippen getting traded for T-Mac in 97 but MJ killing the deal, Duncan really close to joining Grant and T-Mac in Orlando, Kidd close to joining him in SA but the megamind kid convincing him not to, crazy stuff brehs.

Fate man. It just plays in certain ways.

Back
Top Bottom