2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

People like to front now like Bosh ain't come off a 24 & 10 Season and 2nd team All NBA.

Or D Wade ain't average 30/8/8 the year before. As far as pure talent assembled immediately....Miami got that.

Golden State's talent is organic.....and Steph, Klay & Draymond made unforeseen jumps as players. Nobody expected them to be THIS good.

Wholetime.

Nobody even thought they were contenders going into 2014-2015. They had just got tossed in the first round the previous year. That is as organic as it gets. If that was a super team then they're the only one of those that MADE themselves into one.

Shaq gotta be 8.6' tall.

13631655_1121003384612094_8724314396015761850_n.png

Like ball players they lie about wrestlers heights too.

People like to front now like Bosh ain't come off a 24 & 10 Season and 2nd team All NBA.

Or D Wade ain't average 30/8/8 the year before. As far as pure talent assembled immediately....Miami got that.

Golden State's talent is organic.....and Steph, Klay & Draymond made unforeseen jumps as players. Nobody expected them to be THIS good.

Wholetime.

Nobody even thought they were contenders going into 2014-2015. They had just got tossed in the first round the previous year. That is as organic as it gets. If that was a super team then they're the only one of those that MADE themselves into one.
IIRC, they were gaining steam right before the 14-15 season due to the analytics as a contender.

Specifically fivethirtyeight pegged them #1 in the west.

IIRC, they were gaining steam right before the 14-15 season due to the analytics as a contender.

Cmon now. Analytic models say a lot of random stuff :lol:. The general consensus were they were a middle of the pack WCF with a 2nd round ceiling. We can go back and read all the publications, look at the NT preseason thread etc. This a team that just fired their beloved coach...hired a rookie coach with ZERO coaching experience etc.

Dray was in Steve Kerr's Dog house in training camp....then David Lee got hurt...and Draymond exploded onto the scene.

Nobody predicted 67 wins....a championship, and a Steph Curry MVP. Y'all would've laughed like crazy if somebody said that at the beginning of 2014.

People are acting like GSW went out and bought this whole collection of talent that they have in some sinister way.

Last edited:
Got damn 14 million for that broken dude

No wonder Tim Duncan retire

Probably made him sick lol

Last edited:

You onpoint wavy

Big money manu

He shouldwear a headband with bills hanging out the side all season

Last edited:

Cmon now. Analytic models say a lot of random stuff
laugh.gif
. The general consensus were they were a middle of the pack WCF with a 2nd round ceiling. We can go back and read all the publications, look at the NT preseason thread etc. This a team that just fired their beloved coach...hired a rookie coach with ZERO coaching experience etc.

Dray was in Steve Kerr's Dog house in training camp....then David Lee got hurt...and Draymond exploded onto the scene.

Nobody predicted 67 wins....a championship, and a Steph Curry MVP. Y'all would've laughed like crazy if somebody said that at the beginning of 2014.

People are acting like GSW went out and bought this whole collection of talent that they have in some sinister way.
ALL OF THIS.

Cmon now. Analytic models say a lot of random stuff :lol:. The general consensus were they were a middle of the pack WCF with a 2nd round ceiling. We can go back and read all the publications, look at the NT preseason thread etc. This a team that just fired their beloved coach...hired a rookie coach with ZERO coaching experience etc.

I can agree with that.

However, to me they were a sleeping giant because of how bad their team offense was under Jackson.

agreed.....well said.  even many people on niketalk thought they over achieved that year when they played sas in the second round. they thought that was they ceiling a second round and out playoff team. 

if you werent b and complaining about miami putting together a super team , i dont want to hear you doing it now. 

Last edited:
Nah they won't Draymond will get arrested again for punching someone in the nuts during an altercation at a strip club. He actually might falcon punch a stripper if she starts talking **** to him

i see the warriors not caring so much about the regualar season and just trying to cruise through the season. i see them winning like 60 some games. 

The Bg Rudy Gay Boston thing has no validity to it. They aren't actively shopping blake griffin. No reputable source has reported on it. As of now it doesnt appear to be happening but if it does it would be for more than just picks, I think. (Trading bg for picks would mean cp walking this summer which esentially means giving up on this core which is understandable, but according to doc he isnt so I doubt it would be for just picks and rudy gay)

And there's no reason to blow up the Clippers. Granted, CP and blake are both free agents but health aside, they're currently the 2nd best team in the west and should have a great shot at making a wcf. Plus CP is 31 and in his prime, and blake griffin and DJ are both what, 28&27? Core is too good and too young to give up on no matter how many times they've come up short in recent years. In my opinion at least.

They were a top six team on both ends of the floor and return virtually everybody while all of the west elite (minus gsw) got weaker.

the Clippers are trying to trade him though. They are listening. Believe that.

Blake camp has told the Clippers he's not 100% in.

THANK YOU!!!

watching ESPY's now. Damn Lebron did Channing wrong.

And that kid Z. Dobson? Got dammit. Just not fair. i had a tear roll down my cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom