2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I feel terrible about this man....

neither Wavycorcket or Erupt should feel insecure, just because I have beautiful mind.

I'll take greater pains to hide it in the future.

:lol:

fyi I love boris diaw.

(also I didn't realize that I was brining tablets down from mount sanai, I thought every knew young boris was a great athlete)

and I'm a big Dario fan since the first hoop summit.

Y'all gotta stop saying I think the Knicks will win 55 games. :lol:

42-45 is very possible, though.

fyi I love boris diaw.

(also I didn't realize that I was brining tablets down from mount sanai, I thought every knew young boris was a great athlete)

and I'm a big Dario fan since the first hoop summit.
dudes are making it sound like boris diaw is a bad basketball player or something. 

Just watched cupcake wars with my shorty..nick young was on there. Got all the way to the finals. But lost. On some racist steeze though. Food network be hella prejudice. Bruh shouldve won.

Was at the Nike store and saw that Nike already made my dude Kobe a shirt to celebrate the special occasion
smokin.gif
dude is missing though. all girls. i know the feeling i have 3 daughters myself. no sons and im done having kids. smh. i didnt want any daughters to begin with. 

dude is missing though. all girls. i know the feeling i have 3 daughters myself. no sons and im done having kids. smh. i didnt want any daughters to begin with. 
Man I'm trying to warm up to having daughters when the time comes, so I can have some sons 
laugh.gif
. My girl always says if I keep saying I'm not having daughters, that's all we'll have

But Kobe has to give the world at least one little man

Last edited:
i don't understand why adidas doesn't get more creative with these summer league jerseys. I doubt Nike isn't going to miss the opportunity when they get the contract. It seems like a great time to try crazy designs and sell them to the masses.

i don't understand why adidas doesn't get more creative with these summer league jerseys. I doubt Nike isn't going to miss the opportunity when they get the contract. It seems like a great time to try crazy designs and sell them to the masses.
Because it's summer league? :lol: when have the jerseys ever been creative?

Having girls is a blessing man. Really makes you appreciate things. For me at least. When they in the teens it's gonna be a problem tho. They gonna date some metrosexual hipster looking cat prolly. I got a son also tho.... but for now I prefer to have girls over boys

They arent summer league jerseys

They are literally practice jerseys

They arent summer league jerseys

They are literally practice jerseys

Whatever they are, I'd still be shocked if Nike doesn't make them much nicer and sell them. The games are on TV, and there isn't really any other sports on right now.

I feel like having daughters would be dope. Especially as i get older. Children in general are a blessing and each have their own fun aspects. A father can have an incredible impact on his daughter. His son also, but with a daughter he can set a foundation of her relationships with men and what she deserves and expects. I dont have children yet but i have little cousins and nieces that i absolutely love. Theyre my heart. And i got them into sports, specifically basketball. Goat big cuz.

Im looking forward to having children. Gonna be my greatest adventure.

I feel like having daughters would be dope. Especially as i get older. Children in general are a blessing and each have their own fun aspects. A father can have an incredible impact on his daughter. His son also, but with a daughter he can set a foundation of her relationships with men and what she deserves and expects. I dont have children yet but i have little cousins and nieces that i absolutely love. Theyre my heart. And i got them into sports, specifically basketball. Goat big cuz.

ill be honest. i love my daughters and its the most difficult thing ive ever done and im raising two of them solo. being a father is hard especially a single father but id rather struggle with them then flourish without them. 

thats dope . i got all my nephews into ball. all 5 of them are huge basketball junkies i would go to they house and make them watch all the playoff games with me when they was younger. now that they all late teens early 20s they love ball. I got them into playing it as well... one of them is a huge lebron stan though. smh. the rest follow in my footsteps and arent fans of his. its all good though. Me and the lebron stan always get into it but its all love. 

Last edited:
Strong post up player.

Great passer.

Solid but streaky 3 point jumpshot.

Physical rebounder.

am I missing something or does that not sound like Boris Diaw?

I'm not saying they don't have some things in common nor am I saying Diaw is trash but when you actually watch the player Dario is today you don't at all see Boris Diaw...even the young one (I went back and watched his rookie highlights). The way he moves on the perimeter now he looks like he could be a pure wing player. But then he still is strong as hell in the post.

I think he'll fit in just fine as the 3 with Simmons as the 4 for now.

He was flat out terrible last year. Idk what you guys were watching if you saw peak or close to peak Rose out there. Even if you remove his October and November, he was still under 50% TS with horrendous defense. He hasn't been good since 2012 when he was 23, and he'll be 28 this upcoming season. Good luck to him, it's a shame what happened to his career, but superstar Rose is long gone.
And lol at casuals gonna casual. No, overly defensives gonna overly defensive.
roll.gif

Bruh

Last edited:
I'm not saying they don't have some things in common nor am I saying Diaw is trash but when you actually watch the player Dario is today you don't at all see Boris Diaw...even the young one (I went back and watched his rookie highlights). The way he moves on the perimeter now he looks like he could be a pure wing player. But then he still is strong as hell in the post.

I think he'll fit in just fine as the 3 with Simmons as the 4 for now.

Dario has zero chance of beating anyone off the dribble at 3 in the NBA, and he's not defending NBA 3's either.

Honestly I was giving Dario too much credit, Diaw was 10x better athlete as a 19 year old in france. People looked at Boris as a ben simmons full time PG during the draft.

I stand by my comparison, a play making 4, with a streaky jumper, and a strong post game. The key difference besides the gap in athleticsm is Dario is a more a bit more aggressive as a scorer and rebounder.

Dario has never been super explosive, especially now. he;s a below the rim guy.
maybe when he was younger and lighter and smoother he could have been a wing but he put a bunch of muscle 2 years ago and is more mechanical.

also I think the NBA line is going to be a serious adjustment for Dario.

Last edited:

I wish you luck bro.

I wouldn't wish Girls on my worst emenies or enemies. 

Back
Top Bottom