2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

"OKC is still trying to get Russell Westbrook to sign a contract extension," the source explained, "which he won't do because extensions at this time aren't in a player's best interest anymore. He won't do it."
"No team is going to pay a hefty price without getting a commitment from Westbrook," the source said. "Someone may pay a cheaper price without a commitment, but OKC probably doesn't do a deal like that."
"Russ is in control of the situation. Not any team," the source said. "He controls his destiny. But if a team is going to get him, they need a long-term commitment."
Because of the complexity of the situation, the source said that "nothing's imminent" and a deal's "probably not going to happen."
http://www.celticsblog.com/2016/7/1...estiny-nba-trade-rumors-oklahoma-city-thunder

come up for air. How am I trolling? It was clear as day from the body language to the non verbal clues jr doesnt really build with dude. plus jr isnt on his management team so bron isnt fighting to get him his guap like he did for Tristan. why wouldnt he bounce if given the chance. Andy knew bron for years and couldnt wait to sign with the enemy for a chance to beat him . JR's 3 point shooting would make him valuable to the Warriors, which sounds like what they want if they're even considering granting an audience to Ray Allen to hear his case to come back.

View media item 1870316

Reactions: HIM
If I was Russell Id strongly consider staying in OKC. The roster isnt bad and if he finishes his career there he'd become a legend ring or no ring. Probably get a statue outside the arena too.

All this talk about Luis not being able to succeed really makes me root for him. I hope he proves you all wrong.

I'm 5,4" and 60kg btw. I've been told the same thing back in middle school and by my senior high school year, I had teachers take time off to watch me play against the top ranked school (we won). The same teachers who said I was too small for ball.

That year where we won the national championship was what made me realize that the sky's the limit. I've used that lesson to start my own business.

View media item 1605144

Westbrook needs to go to Philly where he can play with Simmons, Embiid, Saric, Okafor/Noel, two possible 2017 top 5 draft picks plus cap space for two other max free agents to join him :pimp:

He's basically the new-age Iverson anyway.

Last edited:

All this talk about Luis not being able to succeed really makes me root for him. I hope he proves you all wrong.

I'm 5,4" and 60kg btw. I've been told the same thing back in middle school and by my senior high school year, I had teachers take time off to watch me play against the top ranked school (we won). The same teachers who said I was too small for ball.

That year where we won the national championship was what made me realize that the sky's the limit. I've used that lesson to start my own business.
laugh.gif

View media item 1605144

BBQ chicken in the post, dawg

Is he going to be more Antoine Rigasmdeau, Rudy Fernandez, or Manu Ginobili?

Seems like we have had his rights forever

d Wade is so damn fake starting to hate the move so much
Curious why you would call him fake?

I thought only I saw this. Dude rubs me as wrong man, all I see is a fakeness when I see the guy

just trying to spin his move to chicago as "coming home" , which everyone knows is BS. the articles i've read since the trade make it very obvious he didn't want to leave miami at all, and his power play with riley simply failed. im sure he's gonna be salty about it his entire time in chicago.

and the fact that he's washed up makes it so much worse.

Thunder reportedly signed Alex albrines to a 3 year 18 mil deal
Looks like a solid prospect. Don't think he's Rudy Fernandez just based off athleticism and definitely doesn't seem anywhere near a Manu type

Would you have been able to sign him with KD there? Sucks that KD left, would have been nice to see him with a shooter at the 2

d Wade is so damn fake starting to hate the move so much
Curious why you would call him fake?

I thought only I saw this. Dude rubs me as wrong man, all I see is a fakeness when I see the guy

just trying to spin his move to chicago as "coming home" , which everyone knows is BS. the articles i've read since the trade make it very obvious he didn't want to leave miami at all, and his power play with riley simply failed. im sure he's gonna be salty about it his entire time in chicago.

and the fact that he's washed up makes it so much worse.
He's still a top 25-30 player in the league.

i hope you're right. him and butler attacking the rim might be nice. just dont see how our defense will hold up against any good team, or how we could come back from a large deficit.

Thunder reportedly signed Alex albrines to a 3 year 18 mil deal
Looks like a solid prospect. Don't think he's Rudy Fernandez just based off athleticism and definitely doesn't seem anywhere near a Manu type

Would you have been able to sign him with KD there? Sucks that KD left, would have been nice to see him with a shooter at the 2
we had his rights from the harden trade.. so I assume we would have been able to

would have been a definite nail in the coffin to waiters coming back.. probably would have waived or traded ersan

Last edited:
is there a team that fits russ better than OKC. he can get much more from a diff city outside of basketball, but what situation is better for his career and style of play?

LA - roster too young, few years away
NY - roster too old
Bos - good situation in the east, not sure how much he'd have to sacrifice in a system like that

Back
Top Bottom