2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

All the NY talk reminded me of that dude who posted that anti-NY tirade here some years ago.
laugh.gif
 I think he was Canada 

I think BKN will inevitably pick one of Waiters/Stephenson after missing out on Johnson.

Also, I'm certain Mike Miller made some sort of pack with the devil. Either that or the greatest locker room guy ever.

Marks is a Spurs culture guys, so I feel like the Nets will avoid guys like Waiters and Stephenson these days. But I guess it's a worthwhile gamble at this point.

Jamal Crawford getting 42 Million dollar deals at 36 years old and D Waiters is out the league essentially.

Thats crazy to think about for me.

@AlbertRandom1 Thunder rescinded Dion Waiters’ $6.8M qualifying offer, making him UFA, but have thus far maintained his Bird rights with $12.8M cap hold.
@AlbertRandom1 Thunder would need to be able to produce $8.8M of room to retain flexibility to raise Russell Westbrook’s salary from $17.8M to $26.5M max.
@AlbertRandom1 If Waiters had accepted his $6.8M qualifying offer, Thunder (with Abrines and Sabonis) would’ve had ~$7.6M of cap room remaining.
@AlbertRandom1 Thunder are still over cap after rescinding Waiters’ QO, but can produce ~$14.4M room if his hold is cleared (renounced or signs elsewhere).

Now that Waiters is unrestricted, we can offer him a big one year deal. Wouldn't be opposed to taking that risk at all. Waiters isn't good but he's shown flashes. Culture is important but easier to stomach on a short term deal.

If Waiters is a fringe guy, Lance Stephenson is...
I'd agree with that if he hadn't flourished with Memphis after the CHA & LAC debacles. I think he'll get picked up soon.

Waiters had a single digit PER in the reg season & playoffs. He failed both the eye & stats test. I think the likelihood of him going unsigned is a bit higher.

Last edited:
I understand that Lance/Waiters comes with issues but they are both better than a handful of guys who have gotten PAID this summer.

Lance was way better than Jeff Green last year and Dion I think can be a 18 ppg if an offense is run through him.

Just find it worth taking a chance on two guys who are proven guys you can go to battle with.

Nets have 15 players on the roster already. No room for Waiters, even if they wanted him, which I doubt. Seems like they're big on development now and Waiters, to me, is stuck in his ways.

I understand that Lance/Waiters comes with issues but they are both better than a handful of guys who have gotten PAID this summer.

Lance was way better than Jeff Green last year and Dion I think can be a 18 ppg if an offense is run through him.

Just find it worth taking a chance on two guys who are proven guys you can go to battle with.

18ppg...what?

Who voluntarily runs an offense through Waiters to begin with? :lol:

I think he could be a tertiary option though.

I was talking about the Nets obviously there. He would be a nice match with Line and could easy get 18 a game.

I think Waiters is a dummy but that guy was pretty good in the playoffs. Not many people have his skillset.

It's worth it just for the Nets to sign him to a 1-year deal cause if he plays well they can maybe move him for a 1st at the deadline.

Jamal Crawford and Austin Rivers I feel are better players than Waiters (Especially Jamal) but if they are 42 and 35 million dollar guys then Waiters is an NBA player, right?

The draft really is unpredictable. They were a year apart draft wise, but delly went undrafted this summer and signed a 38 million dollar deal. Waiters was drafted 4th and is seriously may not find a gig. Crazy.

I was talking about the Nets obviously there. He would be a nice match with Line and could easy get 18 a game.

I think Waiters is a dummy but that guy was pretty good in the playoffs. Not many people have his skillset.

It's worth it just for the Nets to sign him to a 1-year deal cause if he plays well they can maybe move him for a 1st at the deadline.

Not too many ppl have waiters skillset? Really? What skillset does waiters posses that is so rare?

Back
Top Bottom