2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

After the last two ASWs, I'm not sure the NBA wants another cold city if they have a choice.
laugh.gif
even the one in Orlando a few years ago was cold AF ... 

so many silly *** broads out there trying to be cute all while catching pneumonia at the same time

I dont get it... anybody can watch the tape and see what they do. Crowder would whoop his *** tho. Kd better not say **** :lol:

I'm late on the WNBA thing.

Interesting contrast between the ASG situation and that one. 

Last edited:
The ASG should go to another small market, it was already in Charlotte, so they should move to another similar market. Move it to OKC. For basketball reasons.

Last edited:
Now I want the NBA to do somethings in regards to the injustice against black people. Continue to makes stands. Continue to remove the money from those that wish to opress, things will change.

WNBA out here fining people for wearing black lives matters t shirts

They makes billions of dollars from the efforts of black people and they care nothing about their rights. But...that's probably exactly the way they want it..

No probably about it. And we continue to be idiots and watch/support. Let's stop watching, buying merchandise, and attending games. It starts with us.

No probably about it. And we continue to be idiots and watch/support. Let's stop watching, buying merchandise, and attending games. It starts with us.
I'm pretty much here for this mentally. But emotionally...It's hard for me to pull away from watching. 

The influence of sports on the general public is crazy. I mean ESPN is the most watched channel in existence.

Idk how to say this without it coming off poorly but I don't really NEED political stances in my sports. If they do it that's fine, if they don't that's fine too I will watch regardless.

Hard for me to find a reason why I wouldn't watch. I can't see myself boycotting the NBA because they didn't take or did take a stand on X.

Last edited:

I'm pretty much here for this mentally. But emotionally...It's hard for me to pull away from watching. 

The influence of sports on the general public is crazy. I mean ESPN is the most watched channel in existence.

This. I know it would make a difference..but I love hoops so much, I would literally be depriving myself of that which makes me happy. Remember Ball is Life. It really is. Til like I get married and have kids or something.

In order for it to work, the players would have to boycott also, like how they do when they want their money, lockouts n ****. Then just go hoop in the Drew and Goodman like 2012. Everyone would have to be on 1 accord. Players and fans pressure the league and owners, who in turn pressure the cities and states, considering how much money sports generate for cities and states, and son on and so forth.

Idk how to say this without it coming off poorly but I don't really NEED political stances in my sports. If they do it that's fine, if they don't that's fine too I will watch regardless.

Hard for me to find a reason why I wouldn't watch. I can't see myself boycotting the NBA because they didn't take or did take a stand on X.

I agree, I don't need it either. BUT, by them setting the precedent of doing it for the homosexual community...if they do not at least make an effort for the black community...it shows favoritism. Their best bet would've just been to stay out of it completely and treat everything like business. The Hornets aint tripping over the discrimination down there. Neither are the Panthers.

No way that's KD's leg. No way. You couldnt tattoo a stick figure on his skinny *** legs

Last edited:
I agree, I don't need it either. BUT, by them setting the precedent of doing it for the homosexual community...if they do not at least make an effort for the black community...it shows favoritism. Their best bet would've just been to stay out of it completely and treat everything like business. The Hornets aint tripping over the discrimination down there. Neither are the Panthers.
yes i agree. im with antidope on this but i also agree with you on that. i dont look as athletes as role models or people i look up to. i dont care about what they do for charity or what they do outside of the court. basketball players have zero influence on me. i dont care about they opinions on social issues or political issues. they should just treat everything like business and not get involved or take "stances " on any issues. 

What sort of stand can they take for the black community? Serious question. It's not often that one state does something that's clearly discriminatory when the All Star game is about to happen.

Silver hasn't taken racist issues lightly at all. Sterling, the Atlanta Hawks are the only things that come to mind that happened on his watch. I just can't think of how to do what you're suggesting.

The NBA has a ton of power and money - a lot of it coming from minorities - they should definitely throw their weight around on issues like this.

Back
Top Bottom