2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

The thing about blaming the Knicks is Melo forced his way there. They hd to give up their young talent to aquire him. Then when he had a shot at going to a better roster in Chicago, he chose to stay in NY. He failed himself.

Last edited:
yup , he is . he chose that team. its not like he was drafted there and had no say in the matter.  is melo even still a top 10 player? 

The thing about blaming the Knicks is Melo forced his way there. They hd to give up their young talent to aquire him. Then when he had a shot at going to a better roster in Chicago, he chose to stay in NY. He failed himself.
The Chicago team that just got disbanded and signed by the Knicks? :rofl:

The Chicago team that had Jimmy Butler. An all-star that you guys keep complaining he's never had. Y'all can't be serious right now :lol:

they gave up nothing of value knicks fan say, yet felton is better then the trash they put out at pg last year. okay.

dudes ride hard for melo. 

Last edited:
I don't look at it as Melo failed the Knicks. I look at it as the Knicks failed Melo.
Name two consecutive years he had a competent healthy team to do anything with.
From bad coaches to bad teammates we've given him nothing to work with.

Nailed it.

knicks fans should be riding porzingus . hes the future and hes the one thats going to have to carry the franchise if they want to accomplish anything. not even hatin for some reason i like it when the knicks are a good team. its better for the league. 

Last edited:

The Chicago team that had Jimmy Butler. An all-star that you guys keep complaining he's never had. Y'all can't be serious right now :lol:
I didn't realize YOU were serious, I was just trying to get in on the joke. But you were serious :frown:

Melo and ISO-Jimmy was gonna win a ring. He would have been better off in Chicago. He also would have won a ring with Wilson Chandler and Gallo who are hurt every year. Yeah haha, so much knowledge has been dropped.

For the record...Melo is no longer in a bad situation. He was. And if he's to blame for sticking to his guns and staying with HIS team and ending up with Hornacek, Porzingis, DRose, Noah, Jennings and Courtney Lee, then by all means...give him all the blame. And play ball

Melo and ISO-Jimmy was gonna win a ring. He would have been better off in Chicago. He also would have won a ring with Wilson Chandler and Gallo who are hurt every year. Yeah haha, so much knowledge has been dropped.

For the record...Melo is no longer in a bad situation. He was. And if he's to blame for sticking to his guns and staying with HIS team and ending up with Hornacek, Porzingis, DRose, Noah, Jennings and Courtney Lee, then by all means...give him all the blame. And play ball
no excuses these next few years now that he has a super team assembled. 

Didn't the knicks give up gallinari, chandler, felton, mozgov, koufos, and like 2 first round picks for Melo?

You can't gut a team like that for one player and expect to still be good.

Yep I think that Bulls team with Melo minus Pau probably could've went to the Finals and who knows what could happen after that.
The only thing of value the Knicks gave up for Melo was the draft picks.
They gave up two underrated forwards in that trade and those draft picks could've netted them at least some role players. 

Melo is 100% to blame for the Knicks being garbage, because he won't give up the ball. He looks like a superstar at the Olympics because he only touches the ball when he's supposed to shoot it. He's not dribbling for 20 seconds backing down the defender and then jacking up some horrible fade away. He's walking in to a back tap rebound and hitting a rhythm 3. Dude always looks incredible in the Olympics because he's not allowed to hold the ball and hog it. Same Ball Hogden. He's the reasons the Rockets will never see a ring too.

Last edited:
Alright so now he has what he needs. No more excuses. He's gonna wina. Ring with Rose, Horny, KP, Jennings, and Lee. I'm wit it.

Hate hate hate that Porzingis could only be getting 11-12 shots a game with Melo and Rose dominating the ball.

Back
Top Bottom