2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

If any Knicks fan refuses to believe that that Chicago Bulls team with Melo wasn't the favorite out the Eastern Conference along with the Cavs, your blatantly lying.

The Chandler-Gallo-Melo team may not have won a ring, but he would have had the opportunity for deep playoff run.

Melo can't even get IN the playoffs at this point in his career.

no excuses these next few years now that he has a super team assembled. 

I don't run from my opinions lol. When I'm wrong I'm wrong.

So in that same breath, I expect to see you and everyone else show up and admit it if all your slander goes awry

I was waiting for someone to call Melo a ballhog.

Anyone call him fat yet?

My 2nd post in this discussion. 2 pages back.

Like usual NT takes everything too seriously.

It's not even just that. People were praising Melo in the USA thread yesterday and some grumpy knicks fans came in talmbout they can't wait for the NBA season to start we can all go back to hating him. Some Knicks fans act wierd as hell when it comes to his fat *** :lol:.

We're all Melo fans every 4 years.

Knicks fans blame FO for failing Melo every year but we can't say Melo should have left. It's everybody's fault but it's nobody's fault.

Last edited:

Didn't the knicks give up gallinari, chandler, felton, mozgov, koufos, and like 2 first round picks for Melo?

You can't gut a team like that for one player and expect to still be good.
This misconception that Melo was the only player we got out of that has to end. He brought like 4 people with him. Yeah it's still a terrible trade but **** it wasn't that bad.

This misconception that Melo was the only player we got out of that has to end. He brought like 4 people with him. Yeah it's still a terrible trade but **** it wasn't that bad.
I honestly dont remember the specifics of the trade, but didn't they get Chauncey Billups on his last achilles tendon?

Didn't the knicks give up gallinari, chandler, felton, mozgov, koufos, and like 2 first round picks for Melo?

You can't gut a team like that for one player and expect to still be good.

:lol: at Koufos. He never played for the Knicks

They did get Billups like you mentioned in return.

At the end of the day, Melo is now 32 years old and just getting the "super team" he needed. At the end of the day, it may not even be a super team considering how Noah and Rose looked over the last few seasons.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
at Koufos. He never played for the Knicks
Hence the question mark guy.

Utah drafted him and traded him to Minnesota. He was apart of the Melo deal as a whole, but it was MInnesota trading him to Denver.
oh okay. i stand corrected. 

yup its been a long time since  that the trade went down. melo isnt in his prime anymore. i dont think anyone won that trade. seems like a wash. 

Last edited:
The Knicks also got Corey Brewer in the trade, but perplexingly released him shortly afterwards.

Just like 90% of everything else on S&T, the Melo debates are dominated by two extremes. Each on the opposite end of the spectrum with the truth somewhere in the middle.

Melo's biggest error will always be not taking the short-term deal (like the rest of his peers did). That decision set his career off in a different trajectory. Everything else can more or less be explained away. Or at least the explanation could derive from that.

They might be brothers off the court, but being drafted in the same class as Raymone ends up being the worst thing to happen to Melo's narrative. Even if their stories are intertwined, the comparisons were always absurd. It doesn't do him any great favor. Sorry if that offends anyone.
Stringer Butler
Nickname is already creepin' into my Fave 5.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Chicago wasn't the answer
They won't ever get it g.

The Melo/Knicks detractors have PLENTY of valid points to make in their favor, but this was never one of them. Not then, not now. And then we bring up the financial components...yet that gets ignored because it doesn't fit the narrative. lol.

Last edited:
I've already brought up the financial components with Melo.

He and whoever his agent was messed up. There's no reason he should've ever locked into a long term deal with the Knicks. He had his time with NY from 2010-2013. After that, he should've signed a 1+1 deal to give himself options. Even if he remained with them, at least he would've got more cash out of it.

You would think with him being besties with Bron and Co., he would've known better.

Last edited:
knicks fan go hard for melo. like if you slandering they religion or something like that. dude hasnt done ish for them and they ride for him that hard. I cant comprehend it but it is what it is. some of the same knicks fans will slander cp for not getting out the 2nd round. 

Cp plays with a good team though. Who was/is Melos best teammate in his career? Martin or Kidd? I can think of anybody else off the top of my head.

Rose-Butler-Pau and all their great role players couldnt even make the playoffs. Now they're suppose to be the favorite to win a ring?

NT logic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom