2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Not wishing injury but if KD misses an extended period of time they will really be without Bogut, Barnes, Barbosa, Ezeli, and Speights
laugh.gif
eek.gif
Well they did add west, pachulia, and McGee.  Its not like a bench of Livingston, West, Varajao, McGee, Macadoo, and Iggy is terrible.  Still one of the better benches in the league just off of Iggy and Livingston alone.

Well they did add west, pachulia, and McGee.  Its not like a bench of Livingston, West, Varajao, McGee, Macadoo, and Iggy is terrible.  Still one of the better benches in the league just off of Iggy and Livingston alone.
True, and it's not like they're going to be going that deep come playoff time anyway.Last year by the wcf I think they were down to playing 7 with a sprinkle of Speights as their backup big.

My only issue is their playable size come playoff time. I don't think West, Pachulia, or McGhee will be playable or move the needle enough for them to matter so it'll be Curry/Klay/Iggy/KD/Draymond with Livingston as their primary guys they'll be rolling with down the stretch. That is incredibly small, and they were already small to begin with.

Anytime you have a chance to get someone like KD you go for it and I would have done the same thing GSW did w/their roster to get him, but if their is a potential problem looming, it's their lack of size.

True, and it's not like they're going to be going that deep come playoff time anyway.Last year by the wcf I think they were down to playing 7 with a sprinkle of Speights as their backup big.

My only issue is their playable size come playoff time. I don't think West, Pachulia, or McGhee will be playable or move the needle enough for them to matter so it'll be Curry/Klay/Iggy/KD/Draymond with Livingston as their primary guys they'll be rolling with down the stretch. That is incredibly small, and they were already small to begin with.

Anytime you have a chance to get someone like KD you go for it and I would have done the same thing GSW did w/their roster to get him, but if their is a potential problem looming, it's their lack of size.

Yep. West showed how useful he was las season and I'm not a believer in McGee especially come playoff time. Pachulia was still a solid pick up, but I'm assuming he's their starting center. No one else forms a major threat, but I do expect them to go 7 deep come playoff time. This will mean players needing more rest during the season, though.

I do think Bogut will be missed, though. I'll be interested to see where their defense ranks next season compared to last.

Not that much should be expected from him in year one but Damian Jones has a load of potential. Wouldn't surprise me if he's their starting center by next year

I really think this "going small is the only option" thing is sort of overblown. GSW did it in the playoffs at times and I wasn't a fan. Where they completely abandoned Bogut/Ezeli. Every team in the playoffs has to play bigs that aren't awesome for at least 10 mpg - but a team with Steph, Klay, KD can't get away with spot minutes for Pachulia and West at center? What teams are making them unplayable? Maybe the Cavs if they're playing Lebron at PF and they're clicking?

I really think this "going small is the only option" thing is sort of overblown. GSW did it in the playoffs at times and I wasn't a fan. Where they completely abandoned Bogut/Ezeli. Every team in the playoffs has to play bigs that aren't awesome for at least 10 mpg - but a team with Steph, Klay, KD can't get away with spot minutes for Pachulia and West at center? What teams are making them unplayable? Maybe the Cavs if they're playing Lebron at PF and they're clicking?
very overblown. even forced to play small ball with bogut out and ezeli playing like as, if harrison barnes hits a couple of threes they win the chip last year . i cant see any team in the west giving them a hard time in a playoff series .

Last edited:
Smh I cant wait for the new season just to see what rb does. I want to see how dominant he is without kd. going to be interesting. But im willing to put up money he wont be mvp.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom