2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Honestly if you're doing the zero RB thing then you dudes need to target Doug Martin and Mixon while picking up Jaquizz or whoever looks like our top backup in preseason and grab McFadden since Zeke is going to end up missing a couple games at least. That'll hold you off til Doug is back and Mixon is ready to get all the carries.

That's what I'm saying! I understand the zero-RB strategy, but if I go WR/WR at pick 12, I am SOL when it comes time to take an RB. I may be better off going WR/RB and grab a stud.
If you do a true Zero RB draft, going WR/WR out of the 12th slot doesn't matter because you're not taking a RB until the 6+ round. Your roster isn't going to look pretty but it can be a beast. And more often than not, those teams that *look* stacked before the season starts aren't necessarily stacked once the season is underway. It's definitely not for the faint of heart though :lol:.

Also, keep in mind that it works best if you're able to start 4+ WRs. In a traditional 2WR, 2RB, 1Flex league it can still be a viable strategy, but it won't necessarily be as strong as if you have to start 3WRs and a Flex.

If you do a true Zero RB draft, going WR/WR out of the 12th slot doesn't matter because you're not taking a RB until the 6+ round. Your roster isn't going to look pretty but it can be a beast (And more often than not, those teams that *look* stacked before the season starts aren't necessarily stacked once the season is underway). Definitely not for the faint of heart though :lol:.

Also, keep in mind that it works best if you're able to start 4+ WRs. In a traditional 2WR, 2RB, 1Flex league it can still be a viable strategy, but it won't necessarily be as strong as if you have to start 3WRs and a Flex.

My league is 3 WRs, 2 RBs & flex. Full-point PPR.

I think I'm going to feel pressured since we are drafting live and grab WR/RB to play it safe :lol: . Am I foolish to pass on a combo like AJ/Jordy or even Michael Thomas/Jordy if they are there at 12 & 13?

WR/WR especially one of those combos unless a RB slips from the first

It's not that I'm trying to do the strategy, I'm just taking BPA. People still going crazy over RBs, it's wild. Feel the need to reach for a rb isn't good.

The site I bought my draft kit from had an issue and my order was lost. They're now sold out of the kits too so I had to settle for a refund :smh:.

I may grab this one now:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-Fantas...920511&hash=item4403f59e02:g:vgkAAOSwsXFZJmVQ

I'm going for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREMIUM-Fan...366261?hash=item3ae5d9e7b5:g:6Y0AAOSwqVBZYwhQ they already noted they've made an updated label to reflect Cutler to Miami. I had messaged the seller twice in the past few weeks and received thorough replies. He even told me yesterday morning not to order yet, but wait on the Miami QB situation. Few hours later, Cutler was signed :lol: .

My league is 3 WRs, 2 RBs & flex. Full-point PPR.

I think I'm going to feel pressured since we are drafting live and grab WR/RB to play it safe :lol: . Am I foolish to pass on a combo like AJ/Jordy or even Michael Thomas/Jordy if they are there at 12 & 13?
Prime Zero RB settings then :pimp:.

I doubt AJ falls that far but if he does, take him and run.

There's no better time that to go Zero RB than this year imo. With the top RBs absolutely cooking last year, ALL RBs are overvalued this year. Guys like Danny Woodhead (perennial PPR machine), Mike Gillislee (Blount role), Theo Riddick (PPR machine), Duke Johnson (one of the best receiving backs in the league, will also line up in the slot this year), James White (Pats receiving back is always valuable) are just a few guys who can be had after the 6th round that are able to give you 12+ points per game. Pair those guys up with 5-6 WRs and maybe a TE and even if only one of those RBs is a hit, guys will inevitably pop up on waivers. (Which is an often overlooked aspect of drafting Zero RB. You have to be very active on the waiver wire.)

I'm going for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREMIUM-Fan...366261?hash=item3ae5d9e7b5:g:6Y0AAOSwqVBZYwhQ they already noted they've made an updated label to reflect Cutler to Miami. I had messaged the seller twice in the past few weeks and received thorough replies. He even told me yesterday morning not to order yet, but wait on the Miami QB situation. Few hours later, Cutler was signed :lol: .
I was eyeing that too but I like the labels on the one I linked better :lol:.

someone mentioned Duke Johnson? what did he do last year???? I owned him and he didn't do a damn thing

someone mentioned Duke Johnson? what did he do last year???? I owned him and he didn't do a damn thing
Second year player on an awful offense but still finished as the 31st ranked PPR RB. It's not like you spent a high pick on him anyway :lol:. His pass game chops are top notch, and with increased opportunity this year he could flirt with 10+ ppg imo. And if Crowell were to get hurt he'd get even more work.

Like blackhand said it's all relative to cost. Drafting him in the 9th round won't hurt too bad if he doesn't pan out. What will sting is drafting someone that's unproven, in shaky situations, on bad offenses, etc (Gurley, Lynch, Fournette, McCaffery, Mixon) in the first 4 rounds. Not saying those guys can't go out and put fantasy points up, but I'm letting someone else take the risk. In the first few rounds I want guys with solidified roles and workloads. I'll take my dart throws later in the draft.

Second year player on an awful offense but still finished as the 31st ranked PPR RB. It's not like you spent a high pick on him anyway :lol:. His pass game chops are top notch, and with increased opportunity this year he could flirt with 10+ ppg imo. And if Crowell were to get hurt he'd get even more work.

Like blackhand said it's all relative to cost. Drafting him in the 9th round won't hurt too bad if he doesn't pan out. What will sting is drafting someone that's unproven, in shaky situations, on bad offenses, etc (Gurley, Lynch, Fournette, McCaffery, Mixon) in the first 4 rounds. Not saying those guys can't go out and put fantasy points up, but I'm letting someone else take the risk.

Did you really just say Marshawn and Mixon are in bad offenses? And I expect Cam to have a big year with McCaffrey being a huge part of that. Jags offense was also putting up numbers just the year before last.

Did you really just say Marshawn and Mixon are in bad offenses? And I expect Cam to have a big year with McCaffrey being a huge part of that. Jags offense was also putting up numbers just the year before last.
No. Each thing doesn't apply to every guy I listed.

Mixon fits the unproven and shaky situation criteria. Rookie RB, they still have Bernard and Hill. You can point to beat writers and everyone else throwing praise but I'm not spending a 4th round pick on someone who could potentially be a 2nd or 3rd stringer.

Marshawn is in a shaky situation. He hasn't been good in 3 years and just took a year off. Is he in good football shape? Will he stay healthy?

McCaffrey as well. What will his role be? Will he be first in line for carries or will Stewart be the #1? Will Cam really stop running so much and in turn give McCaffrey more work?

Fournette fits the trifecta - unproven, shaky situation, bad offense. Yes, the Jags offense was putting up numbers two years ago. But the majority of it was through the air and a majority of that came in garbage time. And their O-line is still average.

I would think about taking any of these guys in the 7th+ round. But those are too many big question marks for me to swallow in the first 4 rounds when I can get guys in much more stable situations with much more concrete workloads.

I would think about taking any of these guys in the 7th+ round. But those are too many big question marks for me to swallow in the first 4 rounds when I can get guys in much more stable situations with much more concrete workloads.

No way any of those guys fall to round 7 or later though. I think I can confidently say that for leagues country wide :lol: .

Jamaal Williams sounds like could wind up being a steal in gb
Indeed. I'm hoping his ADP doesn't jump any more than 3 or so rounds :lol:. I like Ty Montgomery too but he's a bit too expensive for me.

No way any of those guys fall to round 7 or later though. I think I can confidently say that for leagues country wide :lol: .
Oh no doubt :lol:. I wasn't saying that they're gonna fall there, just that relative to all of the question marks surrounding them, a 7th round pick would be the price that I'm willing to pay. Not a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th rounder.

Man these highlights of Mixon I'm seeing from Bengals practices got me willing to risk it all :lol:

I have a feeling Mixon takes the job from Hill early in the season. Bernard is washed.

I love Bilal but I wouldn't consider him a late round flyer

Yeah not late round but if he's there in rounds 4-5 by me I'm likely grabbing him.

I have a feeling Mixon takes the job from Hill early in the season. Bernard is washed.

Yeah not late round but if he's there in rounds 4-5 by me I'm likely grabbing him.

I could see one of Gio or Hill getting cut early in the season and just rolling with Mixon for basically all the carries.

How do you think the roles are going to workout with Powell and Forte though? Powell always seems to be nicked up too...

I could see one of Gio or Hill getting cut early in the season and just rolling with Mixon for basically all the carries.

How do you think the roles are going to workout with Powell and Forte though? Powell always seems to be nicked up too...

In an ideal world Powell is getting the majority of touches over Forte, but I don't think that'll happen. I do think he'll get plenty of looks, especially in pass-catching situations.

In an ideal world Powell is getting the majority of touches over Forte, but I don't think that'll happen. I do think he'll get plenty of looks, especially in pass-catching situations.

I honestly don't understand why Forte is still there yet they let go of every other veteran player. They should have let him peace out to a contender and let Powell get all the work this year while they're completely rebuilding.

Man these highlights of Mixon I'm seeing from Bengals practices got me willing to risk it all :lol:

Mixon has all the talent in the world but I'm not investing a 3rd or 4th round pick on a guy that doesn't have a clear role yet.

Forte is the 'starter' but Powell will get more touches.

We should be losing pretty much every week so the game script will be in his favor, too.

Back
Top Bottom