2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

That's the issue Mixon is going early rounds for a guy who's not a starter yet, no real role, and a rookie

For all we know Jeremy hill could have a great year and put a stop to all that Nixon noise

It's the NFL, random **** always happens

If Forte gets hurt Powell will probably go off. Don't like that situation as it is right now though.

Jeremy Hill is straight trash now, we don't need to see anymore of him to know what he is by now.

They invested a second rounder and a lot of potential media controversy just to draft Mixon...AJ Green and Marvin Lewis have already been gushing over him calling him one of a kind. I think we're going to be seeing a lot of him and if you're in a keeper league you'll be very satisfied.

What's the going rate for players like AP or Jamal Charles?

Do they still hold value in the later rounds? Honestly have no idea with either player what their roles will be on their new teams

Do they still hold value in the later rounds? Honestly have no idea with either player what their roles will be on their new teams

I'm not touching AP but Jamaal is for sure at least worth a flier. He was still great just two years ago and even last year he still showed his explosiveness catching the ball before he went out for surgery. I think he could end up being a good pickup in PPR.

I've ran 3 mocks so far and both of them were going late. That doesn't help much because I can't recall the specific round but I know when I saw them both listed, especially AP, I said "Oh, he's still here?".

I'm not touching AP but Jamaal is for sure at least worth a flier. He was still great just two years ago and even last year he still showed his explosiveness catching the ball before he went out for surgery. I think he could end up being a good pickup in PPR.

What's your reasoning for staying away from AP?

on that ESPN live draft results, AP is going a lot earlier than JC.

^ AP doesn't project to be the lead back (Mark Ingram does), and he's not a pass catcher. He's also old and has suffered some major injuries. At a 7th round price tag I'm staying away as well.

The same can be said for Charles (besides the pass catching part), but at a 14th round price tag it's a much easier pill to swallow.

I would definitely have to see AP play a couple preseason games before I decide to take a flier on him. 2 significant knee injuries in 2 of the last 3 years along with a crowded backfield with him, ingram, and Kamara would definitely make me think twice before drafting him in the 70's. Last year I thought Arian Foster was going to be a steal in the 7th and he was just DOA.

Ingram is developing into a really good pass catcher & his pass protection skills are above average.

He's a fine RB2 & is pretty undervalued imo.

Ingram is developing into a really good pass catcher & his pass protection skills are above average.

He's a fine RB2 & is pretty undervalued imo.
Yeah I love Ingram this year especially if he continues to hover around the 5th-6th round.

Well if you want to invest in any Jets WR with Enunwa out I guess Robby Anderson is now your guy :ohwell:

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 4.55.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 4.55.53 PM.png

So update on our league. We have to use our first 4 picks as keepers. 1 QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 1 FLEX.

By default, I'll be keeping Mariota, L Miller, Baldwin, (?) as my flex.

Debating between Landry (PPR Gawd but with Cutler who knows?), A Rob (Was his down year a fluke?), Cooks (Wont be option 1 in NE although that offense is gawdly). Any opinions?

I'd rather not draft almost every player that's going in the second round :lol:. So many question marks.

I'd rather not draft almost every player that's going in the second round :lol:. So many question marks.

I'm planning on taking AB 3rd overall then Jordan Howard if he falls to 18. If Howard is gone, I'm taking Doug Baldwin then Gurley/Fournette/Miller in the 3rd.

I really don't love Ajayi/Cooper/Bryant/Gronk

If i'm picking in the back-half of the draft, I'm seriously considering going RB/RB in the first two rounds, then get a WR in the 3rd. Not feeling the choices of RBs in the 3rd round. I would draft 2 RBs then load up on WRs then take a QB

I'm planning on taking AB 3rd overall then Jordan Howard if he falls to 18. If Howard is gone, I'm taking Doug Baldwin then Gurley/Fournette/Miller in the 3rd.

I really don't love Ajayi/Cooper/Bryant/Gronk

One mock I ran I grabbed Howard at 12/13. The other time it was Freeman. Doubt he's there for you at 18 nicky.

Anyone else pretty high on Michael Thomas this year? Was a WR1 sharing targets with cooks last year and now he is gone

Anyone else pretty high on Michael Thomas this year? Was a WR1 sharing targets with cooks last year and now he is gone

He's going to do well but how well is the question. I think they're going to be running the ball a ton with AP and Ingram now so we'll have to see if what he does is worthy of a pick in the like 2nd round where it seems like he's being drafted. I think he has a high floor but a much lower ceiling than the guys being drafted around where he's projected.

He's going to do well but how well is the question. I think they're going to be running the ball a ton with AP and Ingram now so we'll have to see if what he does is worthy of a pick in the like 2nd round where it seems like he's being drafted. I think he has a high floor but a much lower ceiling than the guys being drafted around where he's projected.
Yeah I agree with this. At the 1st/2nd round turn I want somebody who's a potential overall WR1 and I don't see him having that ceiling. He should be a safe pick though imo.

Back
Top Bottom