2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

I would take Gordon.
N try n come back n take zeke if u want him that bad.
U r in the middle of the draft u should be fine getting him in second.

Crazy to take zeke in round 1? at 7 - insn't mccfaden and zeke potentially > Gordon if your gunna go that route?

Gordon or Ajayi at 11? I think I can grab both, but I'm not sure if I wanna try and grab both with my first two picks

Edit: I really want Marshawn but I know he ain't gonna be there in the 3rd for me since it's a snake rotation. Do I really wanna grab him in the 2nd round? :lol:

Last edited:
Great short read on Jordan Reed's price in drafts this year.
http://rotoviz.com/2017/08/hurry-up-jordan-reed-injury/

The Hurry Up: How Do You Price Jordan Reed’s Injury Risk?
August 24, 2017 | By Brian Malone

The Hurry Up keeps you up to date on the latest news through the filter of RotoViz tools and related content.

“[Jordan Reed] did good. He did everything today. We’re easing him into the lineup. He did some good things in the passing game, we put him in the running game a little bit – did good. He looks well.”

He is a critical part of our offense. We know that, so it is a comfort level when he’s in there.

Source: Jay Gruden on Jordan Reed, Kirk Cousins and more – Washington Times

A thought experiment:

1. If Jordan Reed had an average tight end’s injury risk, where would you draft him?
  2. If you knew Reed was guaranteed to miss the first six games of the season due to injury, but then he would return without heightened injury risk — just the average risk for a TE — where would you draft him?
The answer to (1) must be “mid-second round, at latest.” Picks 2.06 to 2.10 include T.Y. Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Dez Bryant, and Rob Gronkowski. Reed has scored at their level on a per-game basis over the past two seasons. And he’s a TE, which makes his production worth a little more compared to a replacement-level player.

Reed-et-al.png

For (2), we have an obvious comparison: Ezekiel Elliott, who fell from 1.04 to 2.02when the NFL announced his six-game suspension.

Reed, meanwhile, is available at the 4/5 turn in 12-team leagues. That’s more than two full rounds off of his injury-agnostic price. Player value based on ADP isn’t linear: the value gap between 1.04 and 2.02, for example, is larger than the gap between 2.06 and 3.08. But you’re getting at least as much discount on Reed as you are on Elliott.

That is to say, Reed is being priced as if he’ll miss six games more than a typical TE. But Reed hasn’t missed more than five games since his rookie season, when he missed just seven. To be sure, he’s at risk for a season-ending injury — probably even an enhanced risk, even though he’s never had one — but more likely, he misses two or three weeks.

I don’t claim to be an injury expert, but this strikes me as an excessive discount on one of the handful of potential TE difference-makers. In the late fourth round, I’m all over Reed. For more on Reed, check out Cort Smith’s fantasy faceoff advocating Reed over Travis Kelce (at price).

I agree.

I've been keeping tabs on him

He's a monster and man, if you grab him late and he manages to play atleast 13-14 games

Steal

Draft day :pimp: gonna try and get another mock in this afternoon. Regardless of how that goes it will go right out the window when it's time to do it for real :lol: .

raider5 raider5 don't take Beast Mode that early. Keep the bias aside.

Would you guys feel comfortable going into this year with Dalvin Cook, Doug Martin (while grabbing Jaquizz for the first three games) and Kareem Hunt as your top three RB's in 0.5 PPR?

Would you guys feel comfortable going into this year with Dalvin Cook, Doug Martin (while grabbing Jaquizz for the first three games) and Kareem Hunt as your top three RB's in 0.5 PPR?

Crazy that ya name dropped those 3 guys. I was thinking if I do go b2b WR at 12 & 13, on my next set of picks I'll likely have RBs of that caliber left. I'm gonna be in such a pickle if a solid RB is still on the board my first set of picks. Do I go WR/RB at that point??

Crazy that ya name dropped those 3 guys. I was thinking if I do go b2b WR at 12 & 13, on my next set of picks I'll likely have RBs of that caliber left. I'm gonna be in such a pickle if a solid RB is still on the board my first set of picks. Do I go WR/RB at that point??

I honestly think all three of those guys are going to have great seasons so I'd get at least two of them if I were you. Bradford is going to check down to Cook a billion times and the Bucs offense is going to be really good while Doug has a contract to play for this year and looks the best I've seen him in a while. That starting job in KC might as well already be Kareem Hunt's IMO.

In my two keeper league (Brady and Dez) I'm hoping to grab Cook then Pryor on the snake back then Doug then Hunt.

QB - Brady
RB - Cook
RB - Doug
WR - Dez
WR - Pryor
Flex - Hunt

then I'd fill my TE and depth the rest of the way

Last edited:
Alright, so I have a league where QB's score 6 points a TD, get 2 pt bonuses for 200 yards passing, 2 pts for 300, and 3 pts for 400. I hate drafting QBs early but what is the earliest you would draft a QB?

My 12 team big money leauge draft is Wednesday. Hype!..... I'm considering taking a wr or McCoy first round and Ezekiel second.

Anyone here ante up for FantasyPros premium subscription? A friend and I wanted to use the same account but since we're in the same league I don't know if we can both log on during the draft at the same time. No collusion between us, just was looking at their services

Jay Ajayi or Melvin Gordon? Round .1

I'm debating the same thing. I like both, and I want Gordon more but I know he's more injury prone. I feel like Gordon has more weapons on his team so, it might open up more lanes. Not knocking Ajayi at all, dude is solid.

I've been going Gordon more times than Ajayi in mock drafts. I got the 11th pick btw.

My plan is to go WR WR WR unless Gronk is there and then grab hopefully Cook, Ingram, Coleman, Henry.

I draft September 3rd

I kinda wanna go WR first three picks starting with Julio jones if zeke suspension upholds

I want cook but don't think he's gonna be there when I pick. Think I'm gonna have to draft a RB with my 3rd pick likely otherwise I might get screwed

Julian Edelman & Spencer Ware both carted off the field tonight.

Grab Chris Hogan & Kareem Hunt ASAP

Whoever told me to pick up hunt earlier in the week, I would rep you a 1000 times if I could

Had my first draft last night. 12 teams, PPR, two flexes, 6pt pass TDs, no D/ST. I drafted out of the 6 slot. Here's my team (number in parenthesis is the round they were drafted in):

QB - Andy Dalton (12)
RB1 - Mark Ingram (7)
RB2 - Kareem Hunt (9)
WR1 - AJ Green (1)
WR2 - Keenan Allen (3)
TE - Rob Gronkowski (2)
FLEX1 - Stefon Diggs (4)
FLEX2 - Jimmy Graham (5)
K - I'll pick one up before week 1 :lol:

Bench:
Sammy Watkins (6)
Zay Jones (13)
Derrick Henry (8 )
James White (10)
D'Onta Foreman (14)
Jonathan Williams (15)
Charles Sims (17)
Eric Ebron (11)
Deshone Kizer (16)

Zero RB already working in my favor after Spencer Ware and Julian Edelman were both carted off with knee injuries tonight. Kareem Hunt immediately slides into both the Chiefs' and my starting lineup, and James White figures to see some more targets. My Flexes should be much stronger than my opponent's in most weeks. Tons of high upside RBs on my bench just waiting for some opportunity. WR depth isn't anywhere near what I'd like though so I'll have to be active on the waiver wire.

Overall really happy with my team. A few guys were sniped from me (Tevin Coleman, Theo Riddick, Duke Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt) but a few players also fell to me so it all evened out in the end. Have a few more drafts over the next two weeks. Can't wait :pimp:.

Whoever told me to pick up hunt earlier in the week, I would rep you a 1000 times if I could

You're welcome to all of you.

Of course my draft is on Sunday so this screws my draft plans completely though. Was hoping to grab Hunt in like the 6th...now he might be a damn 2nd rounder.

IMG_9841.PNG IMG_9842.PNG Boom. With the Edelman and Ware injury my team looks pretty dangerous. Cooks gets more targets and Hunt looks like he's the unquestioned 1 now

IMG_9841.PNG IMG_9842.PNG Boom. With the Edelman and Ware injury my team looks pretty dangerous. Cooks gets more targets and Hunt looks like he's the unquestioned 1 now

Hunt, Crowder, Parker and Corey Davis could be gold for you on your bench

kareem hunt was my mr irrelevant. literally drafted him round 15. my league is so clueless, he would have gone undrafted and i could have picked him off waivers. im glad i picked him though now. also got fournette, mixon, and cook. 4 rookie rb's. lets see how this works out.

Damn damn damn, this Hunt/Ware situation couldn't happen AFTER my BIG money draft on Tue?

Was able to snag Hunt in the 12th round in my 2nd league, this one not being as knowledgeable as my first. How high is too high to reach for Hunt at this point? Seems like he's 3rd/4th round territory now.

So I had my draft last night and it got interesting for me.

We're in the middle of a round and find out Ware was carted off. Some guys could't keep quiet and Hunt's name was blurted out. I had my eyes on him definitely but not til much later on. Let's just say when we resumed from a break he was my next pick in round 6 :lol: . I also wound up taking Edelman knowing he got hurt, more so as a risk pick. If he winds up being okay, he was my 8th round pick. If not, I drop him and take my L on the wasted round.

All in all I'm really not so mad at my team. Thoughts? (in draft order, 12th pick snake. Full point PPR):

AJ Green (kid before me took Dez :emoji_sweat_smile:)
Jordan Howard
Kelce
Kelvin Benjamin
DeSean Jackson
Hunt
MM8
Edelman
Sterling Shepard
Derrick Henry
Lockett
Andy Dalton
Houston D/ST