2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Liked Hunt before the injury now I def love him this year. Don't sleep on Kelvin Benjamin this year!

Are we taking Kareem Hunt before Dalvin Cook now in 0.5 PPR?

Damn... I just might because he is on a better team... I just don't know how much C. West will be involved. Now that I think about it, I don't even know how much L. Murray will be involved neither.

C.West will be less involved than L.Murray when Murray does return, and probably, West will be as or less involved than even J.McKinnon (who was top-20 for RBs in offensive snap % last year - not that it'll continue or even be close, but it shows he'll see the field every so often whereas West is an emergency plan at his best).

I think it's a toss up but I'd learn towards cook. He's the better talent, but hunt does have the better o-line.so I don't think you go wrong with either.
It's really hard to predict the way the carries will be be divided right now imo
I loved hunt with his value but the ware injury messed that up lol

I'm liking Henry more and more he plays. Truly believe he is going to takeover that backfield this year especially with Murray being injury proned. Anybody know what's Henry's ADP?

The thing with Kareem Hunt is that Andy Reid has traditionally went with a do-it-all feature back, and he's referred to Hunt as exactly that. I think he'll get the lion's share of all work in that backfield.

Last edited:
I'm liking Henry more and more he plays. Truly believe he is going to takeover that backfield this year especially with Murray being injury proned. Anybody know what's Henry's ADP?
I took him in the 10th round in my draft. I feel exactly the same way. Murray wore down last year and he's getting up there.

His ADP for PPR leagues is 89, or middle of the 8th round for 12 teamers. I got him at 91 in my draft last Thursday. Arguably the highest-upside backup in the league.

people who are doing zero RB strategy, who would you guys expect to get in the 4th/5th/6th to fill in as your starting RB's? i mocked many times and i try to get 3-4rds of WR and then the best players available at RB are guys like coleman/powell/woodhead/henry. not sure how i feel about having 2 of these guys as my starters

people who are doing zero RB strategy, who would you guys expect to get in the 4th/5th/6th to fill in as your starting RB's? i mocked many times and i try to get 3-4rds of WR and then the best players available at RB are guys like coleman/powell/woodhead/henry. not sure how i feel about having 2 of these guys as my starters
4th round is too early for a true Zero RB squad. You typically wait until the 7th to draft your first. Your RBs are always going to look ugly, you really just have to suck it up and deal with it :lol:.

Last Thursday I had my first draft (12 team PPR). My first RB was Mark Ingram in the 7th round. Then Derrick Henry, Kareem Hunt, James White in the 8th, 9th, 10th. That stable of RBs would've looked very shaky. But after Spencer Ware's injury I now have a legitimate RB1 in Kareem Hunt. Solid RB2 in Mark Ingram, and a sneaky Flex/RB2 type in James White (who should see more targets after Edelman's injury.)

Here's the draft board so you can see how I drafted. I'm "Sticks" in the 6 slot. Right-click, open link in new tab to enlarge.
IMG_9106.JPG

When you go Zero RB you're hoping that your stacked WR/TE corps can keep you afloat with your hodgepodge of RBs until injury strikes or they take hold of a more meaningful role. And more often than not, injury will strike.

the thing is that kareem hunt is going as early as 4th round now and even ingram might not stay passed 5th rd in 12-team leagues

Hunt szn is upon us :pimp:

Gruesome injury for Meredith :smh: should I run and grab Kendall Wright for my bench?

I think with how late Randall Cobb and guys alike are going, it's better to get your RBs in the first four rounds and steal good WRs late at a better value than they're being drafted at.

the thing is that kareem hunt is going as early as 4th round now and even ingram might not stay passed 5th rd in 12-team leagues
Yeah Hunt is no longer a Zero RB target but I was just illustrating how a guy you draft after the 7+ round can easily become a starter. And obviously every draft is different but I grabbed Ingram in the 7th of that 12 teamer. My main point was that you just have to get past the initial shock of how "bad" your RBs look. Things can and most likely will change. Search for my posts in this thread, I posted the top 15 Zero RB targets last week. Most of the names JRS listed were in there.

EDIT: Here they are.
https://niketalk.com/threads/2017-f...rb-is-still-king.664320/page-29#post-28585109
https://niketalk.com/threads/2017-f...rb-is-still-king.664320/page-31#post-28589926
https://niketalk.com/threads/2017-f...rb-is-still-king.664320/page-31#post-28590685

Last edited:
I like both about even. Cobb is much cheaper to acquire though so I'd lean towards him.

Truth on ADP. Marshall was taken in round 4 in my league I believe. I thought that was a reach but it was a Giants fans who took him so it adds up lol.

IMG_9877.JPG unlike my normal self for the past two years, I drafted a QB early for one of my leagues. Kinda regret. This is my team so far. Wish I used that Brady pick on a better RB or WR or TE.

Back
Top Bottom