2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Just found out I have the 12th pick in a 12 team league, targeting AJ Green and Jordy with my first two picks.

4th pick in my draft, before the zeke suspension was expecting zeke or AB. Made t clear with hai suspension it was then down to Julio or OBJ but now I spoke to the guy picking third and he's REALLY high on obj and basically said he's going with OBJ or Melvin Gordon or if zeke suspension is redecuded.

He was dead serious but I'd be hype grabbing AB even though I think I'm cursed with FF especially in this league dude would end up having a bad season :smh:

IMG_9877.JPG unlike my normal self for the past two years, I drafted a QB early for one of my leagues. Kinda regret. This is my team so far. Wish I used that Brady pick on a better RB or WR or TE.

Team looks good

Imagine if you picked another RB/WR instead of Brady :lol:

Don't like taking top QB anyways

I went the ZeroRB route for the first time ever this year and I'm pretty stoked with how my draft went. Picked 11th out of 12, standard scoring.

Dak Prescott
Eli Manning

AJ Green
Jordy Nelson
Demaryius Thomas
Tyrell Williams
Taylor Gabriel

Carlos Hyde
Bilal Powell
Kareem Hunt
Doug Martin
Thomas Rawls

Jordan Reed
Austin Hooper

Eagles D/ST

Draft done. Standard scoring.

QB: GOAT Brady (Impulse pick. Should have waited for a QB tbh)
RB: Dalvin, Macfadden, D Henry, Riddick, Duke Johnson, Burkhead (my weakest position for sure. Hope I can grab someone off waivers or one of the later rd guys come through)
WR: AJ, Mike Thomas, Martavis Bryant, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Matthews (Stoked Thomas made it to me at the start of the second. Solid WR core for sure.)
TE: Eifert

I also have another draft this Wednesday and it's a 0.5PPR league, I'll be picking 4th overall. Who would you guys take at that spot?

0.5 PPR two keeper league

QB - Brady
RB - Dalvin Cook, Doug Martin, Ameer Abdullah, Derrick Henry, Chris Carson, DeAngelo Henderson, Jonathan Williams
WR - Dez, Tyreek Hill, Chris Hogan, Marvin Jones, Kevin White
TE - Jimmy Graham
D/ST - Vikings
K - Matt Bryant

Thoughts?

Last edited:
What sucks is Hunts stock is sky high so everyone from here on out gotta adjust and grab him extra early and not late rounds :smh:

What sucks is Hunts stock is sky high so everyone from here on out gotta adjust and grab him extra early and not late rounds :smh:
Hunt went in the middle of the third round in my leauge, that drafted today :smh:

Crazy how someone can go from late round flier to overdrafted in the 3rd round in a matter of days

Finished my draft in my 12 team league, and this is my team.
QB-Mariota
RB-Mixon, Riddick, McFadden, Perine, J. Rodgers, D. Washington (OAK)
WR-Green, Nelson, Hopkins, Pryor, Crabtree
TE-Henry
DEF-Steelers
K-Lutz

Damn the one negative to drafting Dalvin Cook is I'm now forced to watch Sam Bradford play football every weekend

Think Hopkins does well this year?
I think he can have a good year, but I'm playing him as my 3rd WR this season so I'm not relying on him to carry my WR corps, and I have other receivers that can take his place if he has a bad stretch of games.

Last edited:
trying to go 3WR in first 3 rounds. which would you guys choose as WR3?
alshon jeffries
tyreke hill
allen robinson
sammy watkins
michael crabtree

I'd rather stay away from Watkins and A-Rob completely...let somebody else deal with them.

Second league, PPR. Had the 7th overall pick.

Qb: Mariota
Rb: Freeman, Gordon, Doug Martin, Coleman,
Wr: Keenan Allen, Devante Adams, Landry, Garcon, Beasley, Thielen
Te: Ertz
D: Eagles
K: Crosby

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this whole 3 WR first three picks just some sort of challenge to yourself? Or a successful strategy? I always go hard with RBs and make playoffs every year.

In PPR I tend to draft WR heavy as the group yields more points.

But my first 2 picks of the draft are usually RB (Freeman + Gordon) with Doug Martin in 4 weeks and Tevin as my handcuff. I usually go RB heavy first as you get to the 3rd round and the dip in productivity drops greatly unless you hit on a random great situation. (Ajayi last year and I'm sure a couple others).

This tends to be my strategy and I've made the playoffs every year but one, league is now 7 years old.

Man I'm fulllly regretting picking Dalvin Cook over Kareem Hunt already after seeing Murray on the field a bunch tonight. Hunt has no competition for carries, a better OL and a coach that wants to ride his RB and defense.

Back
Top Bottom