2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Leaning towards .5 PPR and not 1 full point. Thoughts on the difference?

Keenan Allen will be hurt after week four. Why people draft him and Watkins is beyond me.

I refuse to draft Watkins because of the offense he's in alone, but Allen is too good and that offense is too attractive for me to ignore him even with the injury concerns. He's worth the risk.

I refuse to draft Watkins because of the offense he's in alone, but Allen is too good and that offense is too attractive for me to ignore him even with the injury concerns. He's worth the risk.
It's actually a different regime this year but I still won't be drafting him (or Allen) :lol:. Both are enticing options at the 3rd/4th round turn but too risky imo.

I'm just gonna pray that the Titans randomly decide to trade Demarco in the next month so I can keep Henry

Or that Jamaal Charles bought some new knees this summer and is going to look like his old self in preseason and allow me to keep him

Not a huge fan of keeping Brady, Dez or Lamar Miller...could be worse though.

Anyone else liking Demaryius Thomas over Amari Cooper or Dez in the back end of the 2nd?

Anyone else liking Demaryius Thomas over Amari Cooper or Dez in the back end of the 2nd?
I'd rather take Emmanuel Sanders two rounds later. Since Sanders joined the team he and Thomas have pretty much been neck and neck fantasy-wise (both with and after Peyton) and not much has changed this year.

To your point though, I probably would rather have Cooper out of those three players (although I'd rather take the similar discount on Crabtree). Cooper finished as a borderline WR1 last year while only scoring 5 TDs (and NONE in the red zone). If he can improve on that he has the potential to be a top 5 WR.

Titans & Bucs players are going to be top draft targets for sure :emoji_eyes: Plenty of value from both squads.

does DT still have the same QB? if so, no

Cooper got off to a bad start last year IMO but shined down the stretch, still salty I didn't take him over Watkins because Cooper was on my board but went with Watkins last second for his big plays... :x

Best running back trio in my league last year, and dominated the league.

#StrongRBisKing

How do we feel about Leonard Fournette?

I've been going WR-WR in my mocks & Fournette seems to always fall to me in the early 3rd.

How do we feel about Leonard Fournette?

I've been going WR-WR in my mocks & Fournette seems to always fall to me in the early 3rd.

That situation scares the hell out of me. I don't think they've made any big additions to their OL, Ivory and Yeldon both looked awful behind that line last year and both are still there and you'd have to think they won't just keep them completely on the bench all game just cause they have Fournette now. I'm gonna need to see how he plays in preseason at least.

Yeah I agree with buc. That O-line isn't good and all these rookie RB ADPs are experiencing the "Zeke effect" imo. It's not super common for a rookie RB to come in and produce right away. Fournette is talented as hell but a 3rd round pick is pretty expensive imo. I'm letting someone else take the risk on him.

Don't think I'd touch Fournette that early. What about Gurley? Does he have a bounce-back season in him?

Don't think I'd touch Fournette that early. What about Gurley? Does he have a bounce-back season in him?

I love their new coach enough that I think he can bounce back. I need to see a lil proof of it in preseason though.

The only rookie I feel comfortable drafting at their current ADP is Mixon. Fournette is going to have to be a generational back to work behind that line, McCaffrey probably isn't seeing first and second down snaps or snaps on the goal line, and Dalvin Cook is behind a line who suffered a lot of injuries last year but may not even be the starter when Latavius Murray gets off the PUP list.

At this point its incredibly hard to tell who is going to be a decent pick without seeing any of the preseason games. We should get some clarity after August 3rd.

Kenneth Dixon needs surgery

Woodhead bout to cook again

Woodhead bout to be a hell of a PPR back. Wonder who gets the goal line touches between him and Terrance West.

On a side note, anyone like Maclin at his current ADP? Lot of mocks I see have him going like 80 but have Mike wallace going like 20-30 spots before him. Not sure how I feel about Wallace, but Maclin seems like he could be a good value pick.

What's peoples top 10 list of Running back that you are looking at drafting and looking at staying away from?

Here is my draft list (im drafting last in our league so im assuming Bell, Elliot, and Johnson are gone)

-Gordon (lead the NFL in redzone touches last year, nothing to say it will be different this year)
-Ajayi (tough physical back, mid second round ADP, not bad value)
-Howard (same here, tough back, mid second round ADP, not bad value)
-Gurley (im banking on jeff fisher being gone making a huge difference)
-Crowell (good running back on a ****ty team, will have a RB2 ceiling but a RB3 floor, not a bad pick)
-Mixon (potential to be the best back in this class and his ADP is in the 50s)
-Gillislee (ADP of like 60 or 70, not a bad value pick)
-AP (super low ADP, high upside)
-Martin (super Low ADP, high upside)
-Woodhead (Will get good PPR numbers)

Honorable mention to Blount and Jonathan Stewart

And here are the people im staying away from with their Current ADP:

-Freeman (I think Shanihan leaving is going to have a sizeable effect on his productivity)
-Miller (I think D'onta Foreman is a sleeper to take some of his carries here)
-Lynch (Already talks of limiting his usage to 200 carries this season)
-Fournette (Way too high of an ADP for a RB behind an awful, awful line. Will likely be behind in a lot of games so will probably abandon run early)
-McCaffrey (Too many concerns about being more than a pass catching back)
-C.J. Anderson (injuries, maybe the emergence of Jamaal Charles. May be too soon to write him off depending on what happens in the preseason)
-Spencer Ware (production feel way off and it sounds like the staff loves Kareem Hunt)
-Ingram (AP)
-Hyde (Already talks of him being cut in the preason)
-Dalvin Cook (same issue with Fournette. )
-Forte (Old balls, probably wont even be the starter)

Last edited:
I'm not ready at all for my league :smh:

I need to get back on it. I have the second pick in a 12 team league. Is there a consensus top tier out there? Bell, Brown, Zeke, Johnson?

I already know somebody in my league is going to reach for Mixon early as hell. I know three dudes who love him.

Back
Top Bottom