2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

I'm not ready at all for my league :smh:

I need to get back on it. I have the second pick in a 12 team league. Is there a consensus top tier out there? Bell, Brown, Zeke, Johnson?
That's pretty much it. Although personally I'd add Julio. And if Zeke is suspended for more than two games I'd drop him a tier.

I'm not ready at all for my league :smh:

I need to get back on it. I have the second pick in a 12 team league. Is there a consensus top tier out there? Bell, Brown, Zeke, Johnson?

Out of all those guys im taking Johnson, Bell, Zeke in that order. I keep seeing people take Bell over Johnson but I can't with that guys injury history.

Month out from draft night & our drat order was revealed today. 12th :emoji_disappointed_relieved: hoping I can make the snake b2b work. What's the consensus of 12th for this season? Any articles dedicated yet?

And a heads up, https://www.fantasyjocks.com if you are interested in a championship belt for your league. So legit.

I am in a keeper PPR league. I have the option of keeping Tom Brady or Dez Bryant, who should I take?

I'm actually keeping both of them in my two keeper league :lol:

I guess it depends on if you'd have to give up a pick to keep them. In my league you don't

Standard scoring for QB's (4 points per TD, etc)?

Do you have to give up picks for the keepers?

Yup standard scoring 4 pts a TD for Qb's. I'm leaning towards Brady cause I cain't deal with the Dez fiasco any longer and I draft 8. So if I really wanted him I could get him at 8 or 16th respectively.

Yup standard scoring 4 pts a TD for Qb's. I'm leaning towards Brady cause I cain't deal with the Dez fiasco any longer and I draft 8. So if I really wanted him I could get him at 8 or 16th respectively.

Yeah thats a tough call for me because on the same token I think you can get brady in the second or third (unless people are going nuts over drafting QBs) where as Dez is usually going in the second. I would personally lean toward Dez because I am not a fan of drafting QB's until way later in the draft (Carr & Roethlesberger have a super low ADP at like 80-90 and I think they can provide similar replacement value).

But I can understand not wanting to keep Dez due to injuries and whatnot. I think Dez's value goes up if Elliot gets suspended as well.

Started a mock draft on Yahoo at work but exited it before it even began. Turns out it still included me in. Anyone know how I can remove its history from my page?

I think you're stuck. Does it matter much?

I can't wait for the season to start. I think I've been researching a bit too much with a month still away. Both of my leagues are auction drafts so my prep work should be all G

I can't wait for the season to start. I think I've been researching a bit too much with a month still away. Both of my leagues are auction drafts so my prep work should be all G
I've only ever been in one auction league and it folded after one season :lol:. I won the championship though :pimp:. I've been trying to start another one up for a couple years now but all of my friends are idiots and don't wanna put the work in to research it. They're fun as hell.

I've only ever been in one auction league and it folded after one season :lol:. I won the championship though :pimp:. I've been trying to start another one up for a couple years now but all of my friends are idiots and don't wanna put the work in to research it. They're fun as hell.

Lol, it took a while to convince the league I've been in the longest to switch from snake to auction. Happened 3 years ago and now they want all their other leagues to make the switch as well. The draft rooms during the actual draft is intense and that's the way it should be

It doesn't matter, I just look at it as a blemish against my account bc I didn't actually participate :lol:

Auction leagues are next level, in my opinion. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" adage comes to mind when talking about auction leagues. A big board can go out the window real quick when 5 guys all like the same player you do and you have to make on the spot decisions while basically memorizing what's left on the board for that position so you don't do anything irrational.

It's fun and much more strategic.

Auction leagues are next level, in my opinion. "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face" adage comes to mind when talking about auction leagues. A big board can go out the window real quick when 5 guys all like the same player you do and you have to make on the spot decisions while basically memorizing what's left on the board for that position so you don't do anything irrational.

It's fun and much more strategic.
Exactly. There's almost no aspect of it that isn't superior to a snake draft.

keep dez. poor critical reasoning skills... if i really want Dez ill take him at 8 or 16 so ill jus keep the QB whose exponentially more expendable that i could take 5 rds later... hmmmm

keep dez. poor critical reasoning skills... if i really want Dez ill take him at 8 or 16 so ill jus keep the QB whose exponentially more expendable that i could take 5 rds later... hmmmm

I honestly don't see how this is poor critical reasoning skills when Dez isn't predicted to go top 5 (barely a top 12 projection) and I don't have to use a pick to keep Brady. Instead of drafting a QB late and having to worry about it I already have one of the league's best.

And idk what kinda FF league you're in that Brady goes the 6th round but sounds like I would love to buy in

I honestly don't see how this is poor critical reasoning skills when Dez isn't predicted to go top 5 (barely a top 12 projection) and I don't have to use a pick to keep Brady. Instead of drafting a QB late and having to worry about it I already have one of the league's best.

And idk what kinda FF league you're in that Brady goes the 6th round but sounds like I would love to buy in

I think he is just saying there are tons of quarterbacks out there with similar value that you can get in later rounds.

Wanted to make my league a keeper but we had a hard time having 1-2 guys commit :rolleyes yearly re-draft it is.

I think he is just saying there are tons of quarterbacks out there with similar value that you can get in later rounds.
Yeah I think that's what he's getting at. Would've been helpful to know the stipulations with your keeper league settings too. But anyway, I still think I'd keep Dez. QB is always incredibly deep and there are often plenty of guys available after the 8th or so round who will produce at only 5 or so points per game less than the top guys.

Yeah I think that's what he's getting at. Would've been helpful to know the stipulations with your keeper league settings too. But anyway, I still think I'd keep Dez. QB is always incredibly deep and there are often plenty of guys available after the 8th or so round who will produce at only 5 or so points per game less than the top guys.

Yeah there is almost always a QB that has a solid breakout season where you can get this kind of value really late. Last year it was Matt Ryan. This year I think we are going to see a lot of value picks in Roethlesberger, Carr, Mariota, etc

Back
Top Bottom