2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Eifert or delanie walker are giving me similar production with a 70+ adp. Much better deals out there to be had than gronks injury prone ***

Yeah Reed can outscore Gronk on a ppg basis but he's already dealing with an injury right now. I'm with blackhand in drafting a TE late.

Careful with those ADP reports. A very good ADP listing is the nffc ADP list. My view of ADP lists is that it is good if you are competing against below average or average players but if you are in a league with sharp people I throw that list out the window and go with guys I like

Where do you guys rank Shady this season? Is #5 or #6 too high for him?

I feel like outside of the top 3 picks, maybe 4 if you included AB, the first round is a complete crap shoot this year. It seems difficult to secure that first pick that you are fully confident in outside of the top 4 picks.

How good was Kyle Rudolph last year. He was great for me. Another guy to keep an eye on is Jack Doyle. As long as Andrew Luck does not miss games which is in very much doubt right now Doyle will be okay. And even with Scott tolzien as quarterback Doyle will not be bad. Shaky and experienced quarterbacks tend to Target tight ends often

In the high-stakes circuit shady is the fourth running back taken off the board. He has been going pretty much in the seven-slot. it has been going David Johnson, Bell, Zeke, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Julio then Shady. He is a typical boom-or-bust guy. I would definitely feel more comfortable picking up Jonathan Williams in the late rounds to protect myself if I had Shady

Where do you guys rank Shady this season? Is #5 or #6 too high for him?

I feel like outside of the top 3 picks, maybe 4 if you included AB, the first round is a complete crap shoot this year. It seems difficult to secure that first pick that you are fully confident in outside of the top 4 picks.
5 or 6 is fine if you don't wanna go WR. OBJ/Julio/AJ Green are the guys who usually go there.

AJ Green goes from the eighth spot - 11 spot. Depending on how you like Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, Melvin Gordon

^ Yeah I meant to say Mike Evans but I was just reading an article on Green and got mixed up :lol:. I actually do prefer AJ to all of those guys though.

Careful with those ADP reports. A very good ADP listing is the nffc ADP list. My view of ADP lists is that it is good if you are competing against below average or average players but if you are in a league with sharp people I throw that list out the window and go with guys I like

I don't disagree but it gives you a general idea where people are going. All I'm saying is there are way better later round TE options out there.

I have 2 super-flex leagues (essentially 2 QB leagues) so the draft strategy has always been extra thought out. All the big name QB's are gone in the 3rd round

Absolutely. I'm just a little bit of a renegade. If I like somebody I do not mind taking him a round early if I do not think he gets back to me. Take who you like and screw these adp's made by chumps

If the quarterbacks get full points per touchdown then you can wait and grab guys like rivers or Eli all Winston. Now if it's a six-point touchdown League it's nice to get a stud

Absolutely. I'm just a little bit of a renegade. If I like somebody I do not mind taking him a round early if I do not think he gets back to me. Take who you like and screw these adp's made by chumps

I don't disagree. I plan on reaching for Joe
Mixon in my draft for sure

I would like mixion a lot more Jeremy Hill got released. Gio themes like he's getting healthy quicker. I still haven't fully made up my mind on mixon.

I tell you a guy that's getting a tremendous amount of love that I do not like is Isaiah Crowell. I could be wrong but I'm not taking this guy in any of my drafts. It's not that I'm afraid of Duke Johnson it is the point where the Browns are still going to be behind in the 4th quarter minimum 12 times this year. I want running back some good teams that are going to get fourth-quarter runs and wide receivers on high power offenses or bad teams that get garbage points

I tell you a guy that's getting a tremendous amount of love that I do not like is Isaiah Crowell. I could be wrong but I'm not taking this guy in any of my drafts. It's not that I'm afraid of Duke Johnson it is the point where the Browns are still going to be behind in the 4th quarter minimum 12 times this year. I want running back some good teams that are going to get fourth-quarter runs and wide receivers on high power offenses or bad teams that get garbage points

So I take it you're also lower on Fournette than others?

No because I think Jacksonville is going to be a much better team. Plus they're going to try to take the ball out of the air from Bortles and try to pound it out on the ground. They're going to be right in the middle of things in that division

And yes I would not take him in the second round. Third round I would consider depending on what I took on the first two picks and how the draft is rolling

I have 2 super-flex leagues (essentially 2 QB leagues) so the draft strategy has always been extra thought out. All the big name QB's are gone in the 3rd round
My favorite league that I'm in is a Superflex league. Started it like 4-5 years ago. Draft is always interesting. One year like 20 some QBs went within the first 7 rounds :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom