2017 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD VOL. ZERO RB IS STILL KING

Damn so Henry is a solid target for the 'zero RB' tactic.

Absolutely. Preseason hasn't even started yet and my draft isn't til August 27th though so I really don't know how early he's gong to be going yet.

I tried zero RB in my 14 team league.... but I think I've come to the conclusion that that **** only works for shallower leagues

I've never tried it in a 14 team league, but ive done it in a 8, 10, and 12 man league and had pretty similar results. Usually end up in the top 2-3. You have to be incredibly active with the waiver wires, but it may be harder in a 14 team league because most people are probably drafting all their handcuffs.

Anywho, who is everyone's zero RB targets?

I've got Jonathan Stewart, Mike Gillissee, Doug Martin, AP, Blount, and Ware

I've never tried it in a 14 team league, but ive done it in a 8, 10, and 12 man league and had pretty similar results. Usually end up in the top 2-3. You have to be incredibly active with the waiver wires, but it may be harder in a 14 team league because most people are probably drafting all their handcuffs.

Stewart way too injury prone for my liking. Had and held onto him last season far too long; I should have cut bait fairly early.

Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach, but I was thinking guys like Henry, Powell, Perkins, etc. You seem to be name dropping RBs that may go early.

I thin thats my issue, I know the moves to make on the waiver wire but I hate dropping players :lol:

hell, I knew about Jordan Howard for atleast 1-2 weeks because of Sirius xm radio and didn't wanna drop some bums on my team for someone that might not pan out. If I had picked him up, my season would have been completely diff off that move alone :lol:

Stewart way too injury prone for my liking. Had and held onto him last season far too long; I should have cut bait fairly early.

Maybe I'm taking the wrong approach, but I was thinking guys like Henry, Powell, Perkins, etc. You seem to be name dropping RBs that may go early.

I think it probably depends on the league, but the ADP for ware in the ESPN leagues is 62, Gillissee is 77, AP is 78, Marting is 105 due to the suspension, Blount is 86, and stewart is 118.

Perkins is 89, powell is 56, and Henry is 126.

I would expect those to change once the season starts. No way stewart is going to continue dropping to 118

Ya maybe that was my issue. Myself and like 75% of the league are hyper active on the waiver wire :lol:

Easy to not get a targeted player or drop a player that eventually explodes

Paul Perkins has a chance to be a realllllly good value pick. Somebody is going to have to run the ball for the Giants and he has basically no competition. Even Jennings on his last legs had some decent weeks last year.

For a 10 man league, is there a preference on where you draft from? I won the right to choose my spot in our draft and I'm pondering picking 1st or 10th or get those consecutive picks.

For a 10 man league, is there a preference on where you draft from? I won the right to choose my spot in our draft and I'm pondering picking 1st or 10th or get those consecutive picks.

If im you im not missing the opportunity to draft either bell or David Johnson. Those guys are potential league winners.

Im not wasting a second round pick on a QB in a standard league ever. I dont care if he is god.

How much do you guys base your draft decisions on pre-season games?
For some late round fliers of dudes who showed out. Last one that actually panned out was Alfred Morris in his rookie year though :lol:.
Im not wasting a second round pick on a QB in a standard league ever. I dont care if he is god.
Agreed. Sure, he may get you 25ppg. But _______ will get me 19-20 and I can get him 8 rounds later.

Is Gronk worth it as his price? Obviously injury is a concern as is the number of options available for Brady. But when healthy, I feel like Gronk is a red zone beast.

Is Gronk worth it as his price? Obviously injury is a concern as is the number of options available for Brady. But when healthy, I feel like Gronk is a red zone beast.

Gimme 16 games of Olsen in the 5th round over whatever Gronk gives you in the 2nd round

I hate to complain but I could not find this thread. This site takes a little getting used to. Hope everybody's digging into fantasy this year

If you guys want to call free app to listen to go to FNTSY . I've been on there a couple times with my buddies on a program called fantasy gold. Matt Modica and Cory Parsons show is pretty good. Actually doing a draft with them on Sunday August 20th in New York City at Greenwich Street Tavern 11 a.m.

Every player has a price to pay. I think gronk's price is very high in a 12-team league in the second round. My strategy this year is definitely to wait on the tight end. I'll take Jack Doyle or Rudolph much later in drafts and will be satisfied

Every player has a price to pay. I think gronk's price is very high in a 12-team league in the second round. My strategy this year is definitely to wait on the tight end. I'll take Jack Doyle or Rudolph much later in drafts and will be satisfied

Jordan Reed slipped to the 4th round in my league somehow last season :lol:

Back
Top Bottom