• Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KD had six dunks in the first half, the Cavs gave up 35 shots in the restricted area in the first half, and then in the second half the Cavs got killed in the back cuts and threes.

This is a sideshow.

What's wrong with him?

Is playing like s_ in the finals his thing now?

Not getting his usual shots anymore with Curry and KD going off... I got a feeling he will have a break out game this series tho. Cavs are gonna adjust and force him to beat them with him struggling.

The whole team was getting him the ball. Had a decent amount of good looks.

Where are those people in here that said they've "never seen KD ever outperform LeBron while playing him"?

Welp, you saw it last night.

Paul Pierce made a good point last night, if Durant is going to score 38 with Bron "guarding" him, you may as well put someone else on him and have Bron save energy on defense. LIke last year when he was leaving Harrison Barnes wide open.

Golden State was running some nice sets off the ball to get the matchup of Kyrie on KD at the foul line area, and then KD backing him down and shooting over him. Same as Livingston shooting over Delly the last two years.

roll.gif
Don't care. Jokes >>>> Facts

Klay's defense was freaking insane last night.

Speaking of, where's the guy who said that Klay Thompson is a below average defender and "that's just his opinion"

Missed the entire game, besides the Dubs winning, was there anything of note?
I would say Klay and Draymond were terrible on offense but amazing on defense.  Steph and KD both had great offensive games (especially KD).

LeBron played well but the rest of the Cavs struggled despite the stats...  Kyrie was inefficient and Love really struggled defensively.  Overall they gave up a lot of second chance points.  Tristan Thompson especially was invisible.

I don't think this guarantees a blowout series or anything though.

I mean you had to have seen this coming

The cavs "depth" can't really play at all series because they're either old or can only play one way. Korver offensively is worth nothing against gsw because of the length on switches, D will is washed, shump avgs like 4.5 ppg, Frye can't play, but "depth"

The greatest strength of this warrior team is their length and defensive acumen. They make you ballplayers and make you take and make shots that over the course of 48 min, you'll eventually miss and turn it over. So you're getting tough shots, while they're getting open 3's, layups off cuts, etc. which is why unless you get Step or KD and someone else to shoot poor, you have no real chance

ESPECIALLY if you defend like the Cavs do. They HAVE to dominate the boards, and Kyrie and Bron have to be better if they wanna have a chance at an upset.

It's one bad game.  Let's not overreact saying the Cavs role players can't play or w/e...  You could see Korver come out bombing from downtown in games 2 and 3.

Game 1 showed just how important Dray is to this team, Dude was EVERYWHERE in the paint tonight making it hard for people to be comfortable. Klay went brick but his defense was still locked in & Iggy seemed to have his bounce back. They started exactly how i thought they would defensively and that was my only concern. As long as they keep this kind of effort up it's gonna be hard for the Cavs to get a win. Damn near every shot past the first quarter was contested (sidenote: Kyrie may already be the best finisher ever :smh: )

It's one bad game.  Let's not overreact saying the Cavs role players can't play or w/e...  You could see Korver come out bombing from downtown in games 2 and 3.

You could also see Klay and Draymond not going 6-28, Zaza not passing up open layups to start the game, Ian Clark hitting his threes, Livingston not missing those midrange jumpers and Kevin Love not having 21 rebounds.

You could also see Klay and Draymond not going 6-28, Zaza not passing up open layups to start the game, Ian Clark hitting his threes, Livingston not missing those midrange jumpers and Kevin Love not having 21 rebounds.

Sorry but I can't see Zara not messing up open layup opportunities.

Great win by the Warriors. Looks like Cavs really had a tough time picking their poison in which man to pick up on all those KD fast breaks.

Kyrie is so good. 

Klay's defense was solid last night. Draymond's was great.

I think Lue coached the game based on the Warriors' substitutions...LeBron played a lot. 

I hope KD continues to play aggressive like that. I think a lot of people saw a different side of him last night. He wasn't that aggressive or as vocal during the regular season.

Steph  played great, still got burned by Kyrie a couple of times, but he held his ground.

Great start to the series.

What's scary and not anything like game one last year. Is Curry and Durant went off. Curry isn't injured anymore. It should be obvious to anyone now that curry was nowhere near 100 last year. Dude couldn't take big men off the dribble Last year. Dude took love and tt off the dribble and made them look silly last night.
This is healthy Curry
Last year iirc it was the role players going off in game one.. That wasn't sustainable.
Curry and Durant going off every game is sustainable. Not saying it's over. It's game one but it's nothing like last year. I'll celebrate when warriors have actually won 4.

Last edited:
Cavs defense has been garbage all season, they just played through a garbage east which made them look like gods.

All those wide open shots the Celtics were missing last series weren't going to be missed by the Warriors.

They have a bunch of players that can go off, Celtics didn't have anyone.

Fyre, Jefferson , Williams x 2, Korver will all be let go if they get swept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom