2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're only blowing teams out by 20 on a nightly basis.

Would it surprise anyone if they swept the Cavs? No. Even the biggest Cavs fan wouldn't pick Cavs in anything shorter than 6-7 games. And this might be final form LeBron with his best team around him.

This type of **** doesn't happen in salary cap sports. I wanna hate on em but it's so amazing I just have to tip my hat at greatness. 4 hall of famers in their primes. And 2 of them will prolly go down as top 10 (top 15 at the least) all time players

Chicago Bulls 96-98 (203 wins-72, 69, 62) (45-12 during the playoffs those 3 years, 1 game 7 and 3 titles)

LA Lakers 00-02 (181 wins-67, 56, 58) (45-13 during the playoffs those 3 years, 2 game 7s, 3 titles with 1 sweep in the finals)

GS Warriors 15-17 (207 wins-67, 72, 67) (43-13 during the playoffs so far, 2 game 7s, 1 title)

Bulls for sure had a better run. Lakers are arguable. 

This type of **** doesn't happen in salary cap sports.

What type of shh exactly?

And just last year the Spurs had: Duncan, kawhi, Manu and Parker.. all are more than like headed for the hall, kawhi probably just needs to add a lil more to his resume MAYBE

What type of shh exactly?

And just last year the Spurs had: Duncan, kawhi, Manu and Parker.. all are more than like headed for the hall, kawhi probably just needs to add a lil more to his resume MAYBE
you missed when he said the in  they primes part and i agree. i dont think well see another team like this. 

Last edited:
Chicago Bulls 96-98 (203 wins-72, 69, 62) (45-12 during the playoffs those 3 years, 1 game 7 and 3 titles)
LA Lakers 00-02 (181 wins-67, 56, 58) (45-13 during the playoffs those 3 years, 2 game 7s, 3 titles with 1 sweep in the finals)
GS Warriors 15-17 (207 wins-67, 72, 67) (43-13 during the playoffs so far, 2 game 7s, 1 title)

Bulls for sure had a better run. Lakers are arguable. 

Lakers didn't give a crap about the regular season, well Shaq didn't and he made them that dominate.. plus having great teams facing them

Easily the best 2 teams the warriors have faced to this point were last year and they went 7, winning 1 and losing the other

GS was really lucky and the likelihood of everything that had to happen and break their way was really unforeseen. Mainly the jump in the cap which was at an unprecedented level that allowed them to have the space to even go after KD and that was also in congregation with Steph being injured early on in his career and not making nearly what he should. Those same factors will allow them to keep the core 4 together for at least a couple more seasons, so this run from 17-19 could very well become the best ever. 

you missed when he said the in  they primes part and i agree. i dont think well see another team like this. 

I am extremely certain I can go and find teams with 4 hall of farmers, in their primes.. 80s lakers and Celtics come to mind

How about we see if the warriors even win in the finals.. and if they can complete the 16-0

Last edited:
If KD hadn't hopped on the wagon it would feel more organic but it's kinda cheapened the experience for me, like others have stated they aren't even fun to watch this year compared to last. 

I am extremely certain I can go and find teams with 4 hall of farmers, in their primes.. 80s lakers and Celtics come to mind

How about we see if the warriors even win in the finals.. and if they can complete the 16-0
in this modern  era..... with this salary cap and how the league is now.

that was before free agency... you trying to hard my man. 

Last edited:
Warriors will NEVER impress me.

View media item 2442724

If KD hadn't hopped on the wagon it would feel more organic but it's kinda cheapened the experience for me, like others have stated they aren't even fun to watch this year compared to last. 

come on Mamba, you better than this fam. i get the rich idea of a team winning solely based on drafted players, and for the most part, that 2014-2015 warriors team won a title with a core of players they drafted (steph, klay, dray, grey falcon, ezeli). however, i dont want to bring the lakers into this, but how can you be a lakers' fan and be questioning another team not feeling "organic" when such a huge component of the lakers 2000 titles came with heavy contributions from players they didn't draft: shaq, pau, ron artest, and lamar odom

Last edited:

in this modern  era..... with this salary cap and how the league is now.

that was before free agency... you trying to hard my man. 

Kinda hard to top bill Russell's celtics

Then you have the bulls winning 6 in 8 seasons

Magic/lakers winning 5 in couple seasons
Russell's Celtics are in a different category. In the modern era, they could have the greatest 3 year run starting this season, but they must 3 peat. 

Just looking at the 2001 Lakers, Shaq and Bean really were on some other ish in the playoffs:

vs Blazers (3-0) average margin of victory 14 ppg

Shaq-27/16/3

Kobe-25/4/8

vs Kings (4-0) average margin of victory 9 ppg

Shaq-33/17/2

Kobe-35/9/4

vs Spurs (4-0) average margin of victory 22 ppg

Shaq-27/13/3

Kobe-33/7/7

vs Sixers (4-1) avg margin of victory 7ppg

Shaq-33/16/5

Kobe-25/8/6

Yeah I'm biased but this is better than what the Dubs have done. 

Last edited:
LeBron James becomes the greatest basketball player of all time in June, 2017.

What a time.

The boy from OHIO... OHIO. The goat.

Hahahahaha they can't handle it

This is trying hard?

mean.gif
yeah you bringing up 4 hof in they prime from the 80s before free agency was a thing and keeping teams together was easy to do. 

modern nba and that era of the nba cannot be compared. i dont think well see another team with 4 hof in they prime again , but you never know. 

agreed on the lets see part. nothing is guaranteed. 

Last edited:
73 win team that adds a top 2 player to the team and I'm supposed to be wowed at what their doing ?

2000-02 Lakers and the Bulls impress me. This rotisserie fantasy basketball garbage that the warriors pulled off doesn't one bit

From a pure basketball standpoint....nothing about them being elite offensively and defensively impresses you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom