2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavar is crazy to think a billion dollar companies will license his brand for his SON that hasnt played for a NBA team yet. If he wants to get payed like that he needs to put his money where his mouth is and take out the business loan to develop his own sneaker.
I'm sure he'll do it by "investing" his son's paycheck money.

usp_ncaa_basketball-_washington_state_at_ucla2.jpg

I'm not going to pretend like that I'm super concerned about Lonzo, I don't know the and he's about to be a millionaire.

His dad is just dumb and going about this about as poorly as possible.

I'm not going to pretend like that I'm super concerned about Lonzo, I don't know the and he's about to be a millionaire.

His dad is just dumb and going about this about as poorly as possible.
He would rather have (around) 100% of nothing with the chance of it becoming something rather than .01% of 16 billion

Can't really fault him.

Last edited:
Is Conley the real life version of that Good Guy Meme?
"It's not on my agenda to prove people wrong. It's more about proving the ones who believe in me right."
Hasn't he also never had a tech in his career? He probably apologizes every time he commits a foul.

Tough loss last night. Guys were gassed and just not ready for the moment but love the fight and the way they finished the season.

I went to every playoff home game and last night was easily the loudest it got the entire series.

Loss was a bummer but that ^ was so much fun.

Giannis has got to be the first player in a while that completely reached his full potential. Him and the Bucks have such a bright future it's crazy.

Cant knock the hustle. Hypothetically, speaking...if you take the next 150 top flight prospects and put them under the same mentality...those shoe companies would undoubtedly be in trouble.

Even if you have a problem with Lavar...it's impossible for you to believe that the core of his argument is flawed. There's a much deeper underlying element to this entire topic. These companies have become giants because they've been empowered. By us...

When is the cycle going to change?

Last edited:
Giannis has got to be the first player in a while that completely reached his full potential. Him and the Bucks have such a bright future it's crazy.
He hasn't reach his full potential tho what u talkin bout...

Well no one thought he'd be this good. He's got the work ethic to develop a better jumper, but he's already unstoppable as is.

Last edited:
I don't think Jordan would be richer if he did it on his own. He wouldn't have the time or money or know how.

Nike machine was able to invest millions of dollars in marketing and r&d to develop jordans sig shoes.

He would have been able to be rich. But not richer than now.

Cant knock the hustle. Hypothetically, speaking...if you take the next 150 top flight prospects and put them under the same mentality...those shoe companies would undoubtedly be in trouble.

Even if you have a problem with Lavar...it's impossible for you to believe that the core of his argument is flawed. There's a much deeper underlying element to this entire topic. These companies have become giants because they've been empowered. By us...

When is the cycle going to change?

Never. The public relies on companies to produce goods. It'll only change if the public produces their own products from home. I don't know how to make shoes nor have the resources to do so.

son gon end up rocking those alan parrish's from jumanji that got david allen greer fired.

Last edited:
Isn't Phil Knight on record saying that without MJ, Nike isn't the giant it is today? Didn't he single handedly change the course of their trajectory?

Someone older than me can confirm...but back then Nike wasn't considered the must have **** right? People were into Converse and other ****. If Jordan signs with Adidas in 1984...Adidas is top dog today. That's power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom