2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just imagine how rich Tiger (Woods), Kobe (Bryant), Serena (Williams), (Michael) Jordan and LeBron (James) would have been if they dared to do their own thing," LaVar said. "No one owned their own brand before they turned pro. We do and I have three sons so it's that much more valuable."

He gotta point tho
Not really?  At which point did these guys have the marketing savvy/manufacturing connections/business know-how to do any of this?  Michael Jordan could have made more money by just starting his own brand out of UNC rather than partnering with Phil Knight.....   

...really?

Not to mention the time investment involved.

Last edited:
"Just imagine how rich Tiger (Woods), Kobe (Bryant), Serena (Williams), (Michael) Jordan and LeBron (James) would have been if they dared to do their own thing," LaVar said. "No one owned their own brand before they turned pro. We do and I have three sons so it's that much more valuable."

He gotta point tho
Yeah he does, and in most cases market disruption is a good thing. But he's the wrong person to be trying to lead this charge.

What he did do though was lay the groundwork for the next guy who isn't an idiot to succeed down this path

Are Anta's widely available here? Or Li-Ning?

Don't think I've ever seen any. Haven't really looked for them either tho.

Vaguely remember Wade's joints being hard to cop

Last edited:

He gotta point tho
Yeah Lebron shouldve turned down that Nike contract and just done his own thing

Lavar is crazy to think billion dollar companies will license his brand for his SON that hasnt played for a NBA team yet. If he wants to get payed like that he needs to put his money where his mouth is and take out the business loan to develop his own sneaker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom