2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Iverson wasn't truly competing for a chip and neither is IT. Playoff noise, sure.

Very clever! I like it. :smokin

If they take it to game 5, Warrior fans should respond #GoFish shirts

Last edited:
I was told that this years Celtics team would be able to lock them up defensively
I wasn't referring to the Lakers (obviously).  I was referring to the average playoff teams of the era (like the Lakers' finals opponents).  If you had responded with an actual thought I would have told you that.

Get this Charles mess outta here, tap dancing fool. A "discussion on race" headlined by a dude that should only be talking about food and barely talking about basketball
giphy.gif
:lol:

Charles doing it for the karma, and it's okay that he has his own opinion... Just shouldn't expect everyone to like it or him for the matter...

Preaching/teaching righteousness from a TV show should help him... or something

Yeah Barkley digged his hole a while back, has been called out for it now he wants to have a discussion.

Yea, he is one of those Wayne, "I am rich, so I don't experience racism" type of dudes. And that is ok, but HE shouldn't be one that leads a discussion on race.

But it is TV and the #1 purpose of it is to gain viewers, so of course he was selected

#1. That "miniature" guard excuse was always shortsighted. Pun intended.

#2. WILD hot take, and recency bias from you. There have been a handful of miniature guards that have had amazing playoff games and led their teams to wins. Cp3 and AI come to mind (remember, this is a 2nd round playoff game in the eastern conference against the wizards). Let's have some perspective.

#3. And Most importantly, Stop lbuying into narratives from Stephen A Smith :lol:

I don't buy into it at all I'm just pointing out how homeboy likes to use the "miniature" excuse for CP3 and not for anyone else. His excuse today is probably gonna be he's miniature and won't be able to do it against Cleveland. Ol captain pull a goal post *** dude :smh:

Last edited:
Morris is pissed at his teammates.

Saying they're not playing tough and just letting guys walk to get the rebounds. Didn't get no stops.

Saying they're not playing tough and just letting guys walk to get the rebounds. Didn't get no stops.

That rebounding was beyond pitiful last night.

To Boston of all teams. It is usually the other way around against them.

Barkley was about to get smacked when he came to Baltimore to talk about race, hope they show that part on his show :lol:

Couple takeaways:

-Lor Zeke tapped into another realm. What he did last night.....outstanding. 53 on his sisters birthday. That's her spirit and energy guiding him right there.

-Piss poor rebounding by the Wizards. You let a terrible rebounding team swoop in for costly offensive rebounds. Unacceptable.

-Avery Bradley is a joy to watch on defense. Innate gifts on that end. You can't really teach what he does on defense. He just has "it".

-Brad Beal needs to apologize to everyone on his team. Especially John Wall. Beal was piss poor. Run that fade.

-Wall played amazing for 3 and a half quarters. He stopped attacking the last half of the 4th...and was settling for really bad jumpers. John is at his best when he's going downhill, putting pressure on the d.

That flop that Marcus Smart did to draw a block call....and erase the Kelle Oubre 3 COMPLETELY changed the course of the game. 8/9 point swing. Terrible call. Wiz would've been up 10, maybe 11. Instead....it's a 2 point game....and trading possessions basketball. Really bad call.

-Wizards can't live with the big switches onto It4. He's too crafty. If Morris or Gortat man screen....you have to trap that and get the ball outta Zeke's hands. Especially yesterday. Porter and Oubre can keep up.....Morris and Gortat can't.

-Lastly, Brad Beal got some soul searching to do.

he's right, how many times did all of the Wizards hit the floor last night. I can think of 5 off the top of my head, they get pushed around a ton and you can tell it gets in their head. Beal is the main one easily intimidated by physical defense

Couple takeaways:

-Avery Bradley is a joy to watch on defense. Innate gifts on that end. You can't really teach what he does on defense. He just has "it".

-Brad Beal needs to apologize to everyone on his team. Especially John Wall. Beal was piss poor. Run that fade.

-Wall played amazing for 3 and a half quarters. He stopped attacking the last half of the 4th...and was settling for really bad jumpers. John is at his best when he's going downhill, putting pressure on the d.

That flop that Marcus Smart did to draw a block call....and erase the Kelle Oubre 3 COMPLETELY changed the course of the game. 8/9 point swing. Terrible call. Wiz would've been up 10, maybe 11. Instead....it's a 2 point game....and trading possessions basketball. Really bad call.

-Wizards can't live with the big switches onto It4. He's too crafty. If Morris or Gortat man screen....you have to trap that and get the ball outta Zeke's hands. Especially yesterday. Porter and Oubre can keep up.....Morris and Gortat can't.

-Lastly, Brad Beal got some soul searching to do.

everything you said was spot on, no one is talking about it but that Marcus Smart flop was HUGE. Wall was dead tired in the 4th quarter and OT, you could tell. IT looked like he didn't even break a sweat

IT3 > John Wall and it isn't close
Two different types of players.

They are in the same tier but Wall is ascending into Tier 1.

I think no matter what IT does, his lack of size and defensive INability will prevent him from being in that Top Tier.

So you can't say, "It isn't even close."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom