2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
 TT on KD. Makes the most sense.

gucci3.png

cavs staying big vs w's?
lebron going to send dahntay jones and put a bounty on KD's knees

Last edited:
I do think this game kinda shows Warriors Cavs will be closer than some may think. But im not sure if people think the Warriors were gonna walk over the Cavs in the first place. The people who dont have irrational hatred one way or another that is.

I think where the Cavs can get an edge is the Warriors bench. This is all assuming LeBron stays in god mode which just isnt unrealistic at all at this point. And he plays a ton of minutes which also isnt unrealstic. If the Cavs starters can keep the game in reach, there is so much more depth on the Cavs that's catered to LeBron to hit them hard when the big 4 isnt all on the floor. How will guys like Clark, Mcgee, and West respond when there haven't been many tight game scenarios with this team for them. Igoudala would have to be hitting from behind the arc way better than he is now because they'll just leave him alone.

LeBron has a carousel of guys all game long that just need to hit open shots who have done it their entire careers, while he does the rest.

Warriors bench will have to be on point or their starters will all need to play 40 minutes a game.

I think Cavs now go small ball. Tristan holds Zaza and they try to expose Mcgee one way or another.

Last edited:
Did you watch the Thunder Spurs series last year? An overwhelming majority of the time, Kawhi was guarding Waiters or Roberson.

I think you are confused. Kawhi dont want it with KD.
I recall Anderson did a pretty good job on KD when he was with OKC.

Kawhi can guard Curry, Klay, KD etc.. obviously he'll switch depending on his energy levels.  Green can guard those 3 too.

I do think this game kinda shows Warriors Cavs will be closer than some may think. But im not sure if people think the Warriors were gonna walk over the Cavs in the first place. The people who dont have irrational hatred one way or another that is.

I think where the Cavs can get an edge is the Warriors bench. This is all assuming LeBron stays in god mode which just isnt unrealistic at all at this point. And he plays a ton of minutes which also isnt unrealstic. If the Cavs starters can keep the game in reach, there is so much more depth on the Cavs that's catered to LeBron to hit them hard when the big 4 isnt all on the floor. How will guys like Clark, Mcgee, and West respond when there haven't been many tight game scenarios with this team for them. Igoudala would have to be hitting from behind the arc way better than he is now because they'll just leave him alone.

LeBron has a carousel of guys all game long that just need to hit open shots who have done it their entire careers, while he does the rest.

Warriors bench will have to be on point or their starters will all need to play 40 minutes a game.

I think Cavs now go small ball. Tristan holds Zaza and they try to expose Mcgee one way or another.

Iggy and Livingston have been with them for both of these past two Finals, Clark was with them last year and hit some big shots in the playoffs, West, Barnes and Zaza have a bunch of playoff experience...I don't think any of them are gonna get stage fright against the Cavs. Their starters are definitely not going to ever all have to play 40 minutes a game with those guys, McGee and McCaw coming off the bench.

Livingston, Igoudala, McGee, McCaw/Clark, and West actually doesn't look too bad going up against D.Williams, Frye, Jefferson, Korver, and Shumpert.

Imo, it's still gonna come down to who plays the best between Lebron-Kyrie-Love-Thompson vs KD-Steph-Klay-Draymond with the X-factors being Klay and KLove.

Last edited:
Lebron is running with the second unit so that helps
He might play 45m if gms are close

Last edited:
if im the warriors id just keep fouling lebron and put him on the free throw line lol thats the only way you canstop him

did afriend get banned from this thread? hes seem to have gone fishing with the thunder?

and what happened to awwesome? did his bookie send him sleeping with the fishes over a debt?

Last edited:
JR Smith can guard or try to guard KD for stretches throughout a game. JR has done a decent job guarding PG and Derozan.

Last edited:
Hack-a-Bron

Not so he'll miss free throws....but so you can hope to take him out of his rhythm and slow down his attack. lol

Did you watch the Thunder Spurs series last year? An overwhelming majority of the time, Kawhi was guarding Waiters or Roberson.

I think you are confused. Kawhi dont want it with KD.

Did you watch any of the games this year between the spurs and GS?

Not really sure what you are trying to prove by talking about the 3 matchups...

First off, KD only played in one of the Warriors Spurs games this season, the first game of the season. Secondly, I dont remember how much Kawhi guarded KD. If he didnt guard KD much, thank you for proving my point. If he did guard KD a lot, well then he failed miserably as KD had 27 and 10.

I fail to see how bringing up the one Warriors Spurs game that KD played in supports your claim.

Lebron is running with the second unit so that helps
He might play 45m if gms are close

That's the key to it basically. Those warriors just listed compared to the Cavs is a different story when LeBron has been playing with 2nd unit guys. Suddenly Frye and Korver are really only out there for LeBron and become scarier than without LeBron. Jefferson doesnt even play I dont think.

You put frye at the 5 with bron and force mcgee to defend the perimeter, that will be a problem.
Cavs just look like a different squad with that unit

W's second unit hasnt really faced much adversity this yr. Starters will have to play big minutes and avoid foul trouble. Kyrie can cause some trouble and guarding bron can rack up fouls as well, not to mention battle for boards

Last edited:
The games have to be played of course, but if you're taking this game and saying this shows that GS isn't far ahead... You're not paying attention. Dubs still managed to put up 100+ on the best defensive team in the league, and somehow a far worse defensive team should be able to duplicate this? The dubs get really whatever shot they want on Cleveland, regardless of benches. One of Steph, Kevin, Dray or Klay will literally always be on the floor.

Not really sure what you are trying to prove by talking about the 3 matchups...

First off, KD only played in one of the Warriors Spurs games this season, the first game of the season. Secondly, I dont remember how much Kawhi guarded KD. If he didnt guard KD much, thank you for proving my point. If he did guard KD a lot, well then he failed miserably as KD had 27 and 10.

I fail to see how bringing up the one Warriors Spurs game that KD played in supports your claim.

Not trying to prove point, was wondering if you watched them because I'm not sure who Kawhi was defending.

You put frye at the 5 with bron and force mcgee to defend the perimeter, that will be a problem.
Cavs just look like a different squad with that unit
Yea that 2nd unit with Lebron is dope, so many options.D will and Lebron pick and roll is nice too.

One thing is for sure...CLE vs GSW ain't going less than 6 games. Most likely gonna go the full 7 once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom