2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said before, KD is simply an insurance policy. Should Curry and Klay both go cold, KD is going to be the one to pull em out of it.

But I guess there's the off chance everyone can go cold as well. But when does that happen?

lineup.jpg

one of my favorite episodes of all time
View media item 2428257

Harrison Barnes was open and had all those good looks because LeBron and the Cavs were helping off to Curry and Klay. When KD is on the floor, you won't be able to give the defensive help.

I think LeBron is going to stick Dray to stop the playmaking, Love will be on Zaza, TT on KD. Makes the most sense.

lebron will guard draymond but its only because he's a lazy elite level defender. he should be excited to take the matchup vs. durant a la jordan/pippen. but instead he defers to play passing lanes

TT on durant is a reach

love may have to come off the bench in this series in favor of jr smith and shump starting for defensive purposes with kyrie matching up with curry.

in crunch time, lebron better take that assignment though

lebron and love will see alot of 2nd unit minutes which will force all of the key players on both teams to play 40+ mins

IMO

Last edited:
The games have to be played of course, but if you're taking this game and saying this shows that GS isn't far ahead... You're not paying attention. Dubs still managed to put up 100+ on the best defensive team in the league, and somehow a far worse defensive team should be able to duplicate this? The dubs get really whatever shot they want on Cleveland, regardless of benches. One of Steph, Kevin, Dray or Klay will literally always be on the floor.

Yup. It is very, very rare for it to be all bench players on the court for the Warriors at once...in the Finals it will be even less likely. Good luck having washed D-Will try to guard Curry, Korver trying to guard Klay or Frye guarding KD or Draymond.

Cavs getting swept just like everyone else who plays GS.

They on a mission to prove they're the greatest team of all time.

Not sure if he's "Spurs material" but Kyle Lowry in San Antonio would be more interesting than George Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom