2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Golden States defense or is it the fact that they can run off 9 points in three possessions?

It's their defense. You can't consistently score on them with any efficiency due to their length and switching

Ehh this is true. But it's compounded by the fact that if you have 3 negative trips down the court, that could be it for you. If the Jazz stop you 3x in a row, it's still going to be a close game.

I mean they have 3 guys on their team that can get 30 in a quarter. Not a game. Not a game

i hope both warriors and cavs can enter the finals without a loss.

then we all know warriors gonna sweep cavs so lebron can be referred to lebroom again and everything will be right in the basketball world again.

im still a lil salty that okc didn't get swept this year. i was ready to call russ westbroom lol

Last edited:
Warrior's switching is tough for the other team man.

And I think Cavs will lose 2 on the way..

Warriors will either lose 1 or sweep the next series (depending on if it's the Spurs or Rockets)

Slow it down and you continually play against klay/KD/Draymond/Iggy/Shaun

Essentially if you don't have a lebron or kyrie that can play off the bounce and create the way they do it's over, go home and even they are fatally flawed against gsw because basically everyone minus lebron are one way players

I won't comment on the Celtics. I am beyond infuriated. I have no words.

+

My heart pours out for Patrick Beverly. That is flipping' tough, man. I lost my Grammy in 2005 and i haven't been the same since.

[emoji]128070[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128070[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128070[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Playing slow and in the half against the dubs isn't going to work

Their switching blows up everything and causes bad shots, and late shot clock scenarios

You have to be able to make a lot of 3's and have multiple guys that can go off the bounce to counteract that switching

cant say slowing the pace down isnt going to work. it has worked. see last years finals... in gsw 3 wins? ppg avg 107.3...in their 4 losses? 94.2ppg

the cavs also beat up the dubs on the glass and they didnt convert as often on 3s as gsw did. CLE shooting 32% as a team to gsw's 37% from 3

CLE out rebounded gsw 307-279 over the course of 7 games

but i do agree that you have to have players that can get to the basket and create their own shots

you do have to convert on some 3s and especially the timely ones (see kyrie and shump's 3+1 early in game 7) but you dont have to match them

notice i never said "kill them in the half court" slowing the pace and relying on half court offense are 2 differnt things.

you slow the pace by getting back on defense and not turning the ball over...btw, although it was close, the cavs turned the ball over less as well.

Last edited:
[emoji]128070[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128070[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128070[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Playing slow and in the half against the dubs isn't going to work

Their switching blows up everything and causes bad shots, and late shot clock scenarios

You have to be able to make a lot of 3's and have multiple guys that can go off the bounce to counteract that switching

cant say slowing the pace down isnt going to work. it has worked. see last years finals... in gsw 3 wins? ppg avg 107.3...in their 4 losses? 94.2ppg

the cavs also beat up the dubs on the glass and they didnt convert as often on 3s as gsw did. CLE shooting 32% as a team to gsw's 37% from 3

CLE out rebounded gsw 307-279 over the course of 7 games

but i do agree that you have to have players that can get to the basket and create their own shots

you do have to convert on some 3s and especially the timely ones (see kyrie and shump's 3+1 early in game 7) but you dont have to match them

notice i never said "kill them in the half court" slowing the pace and relying on half court offense are 2 differnt things.

you slow the pace by getting back on defense and not turning the ball over...btw, although it was close, the cavs turned the ball over less as well.

i am curious about that "outrebounding" stat and how many of those extra rebounds came when bogut was out. assuming the warriors make it back to the finals and are at full health, this team is going to be a lot longer/taller than they were last year. zaza is not bogut when it comes to being able to box out and put a body on thompson, but the length and athleticism of javale will be a problem for TT, not to mention, KD is basically 7'0" running as a small forward.

it probalby doesn't mean much but in their two matchups this year the warriors have outrebounded the cavs by 21...warriors roster looks and is built a lot different in comparison to last year's finals

Last edited:
i am curious about that "outrebounding" stat and how many of those extra rebounds came when bogut was out. assuming the warriors make it back to the finals and are at full health, this team is going to be a lot longer/taller than they were last year. zaza is not bogut when it comes to being able to box out and put a body on thompson, but the length and athleticism of javale will be a problem for TT, not to mention, KD is basically 7'0" running as a small forward.

injuries have been a big part of the last two finals. whether bogut was in or out...next man up. no excuses. CLE won the rebounding battle by a fairly large margin.

being as un-biased as i possibly can be, both teams present new problems to each other that both teams will have to adjust to. KDs length etc for the dubs and the new additions and depth of CLE

i think javale mcghee is incredibly overrated and hasnt added as much as folks give him credit for...in direct relation to what bogut added to the team. but thats IMO

TT is a proven commodity. it is extremely hard for any big to keep him off the glass. especially the offensive glass

Last edited:

injuries have been a big part of the last two finals. whether bogut was in or out...next man up. no excuses. CLE won the rebounding battle by a fairly large margin.

being as un-biased as i possibly can be, both teams present new problems to each other that both teams will have to adjust to. KDs length etc for the dubs and the new additions and depth of CLE

i think javale mcghee is incredibly overrated and hasnt added as much as folks give him credit for...in direct relation to what bogut added to the team. but thats IMO

TT is a proven commodity. it is extremely hard for any big to keep him off the glass. especially the offensive glass

javale's role was pretty diminutive throughout most of the season. it wasn't until KD's injury that kerr let him become a consistent part of the rotation and he's proven to be effective spark off the bench. he's came up big in the portland series. he's definitely not as smart on the glass as TT, but his length and athleticism allow him to compensate for his remedial bball IQ

seems like everyones answer to compete with gsw is to play like gsw.

thats not the answer. they'll run you off the court if you play that game with them.

kill them on the boards, slow the pace and play physical defense...that, and be able to put the ball in the net and a decent rate

IMO
This is the right way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom