2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duncan also missed a bunny before Kawhi's missed free throws IIRC. I remember him kicking himself with his hands on his head for a minute because he couldnt believe he missed it. Would have been game.

^that was gm7, which was weird also. gm was still close and spurs still had a shot. timmy missing that running layup that could have tied it

Last edited:
Weren't there rumors that Timmy would've retired if they had won in 2013?

IIRC he only stayed with the team the next year to get revenge for the chip that slipped right through their fingers.

I think so. The craziest thing to me is Tim Duncan at 37 years old...was the Spurs best player in 2014. Easily could've been finals MVP that series too.

All hail Tim Duncan. Top5AllTimeTimmy!!

^that was gm7, which was weird also. gm was still close and spurs still had a shot. timmy missing that running layup that could have tied it

Oh wait you're right Timmy's miss was game 7 not game 6 with kawhi's missed free throws.

LeBron hit the midrange jumper to capitalize on Timmys miss and seal the victory.

Last edited:
Duncan also missed a bunny before Kawhi's missed free throws IIRC. I remember him kicking himself with his hands on his head for a minute because he couldnt believe he missed it. Would have been game.

He missed he bunny in game 7. Over Shane ***** Battier :smh:.

There shouldn't have been a game 7 though.

tmac was so close to getting a ring :lol:

manu had the mob coming down on him

Last edited:
tmac was so close to getting a ring :lol:

Tmac was cursed. He brought that mess over to the Spurs.

Tmac goes up 3-1 against Detroit thinking he's finally out of the first round....only to remember that the NBA changed the format to best of 7....literally months before that :smh: :lol:

On paper it's GS over the Cavs easy, same as last year. The rematch is needed: smokin
I don't see how its easy on paper.  As much as I would love to see GSW sweep, I think its close on paper.  Cavs have some serious firepower.

This has nothing to do with bailing them out so quickly.

The warriors were better than them in the regular season. The game the cavs won they had to come back from like down 16 at home, then got washed by like 40. In the finals last year, before Draymond got suspended, the warriors beat the cavs 3 out of 4 times by like an average of 15+ or something. The cavaliers still have defensive issues all over. Idc about how 'stacked' the cavs are because relative to gsw, it doesn't matter.

The Warriors right now have a +16 point differential that eclipses the 01' Lakers. They are on a ride right now. The cavs are not close to the warriors. At least I don't think.

But that's why we play the games. I love LBJ so if I'm wrong i'll gladly be that but I just don't see it at this very moment. Things change though.
Finally someone who gets IT. Dudes let that Bron hate fog up their vision.

So is everyone in agreement, LeBron's career > Kobe's career? Has that already been decided? Asking for a friend.
It's not really arguable.

Whatever metric one wants to use to quantify such things....Lebron's pretty much surpassed Kobe across the board. One less chip. The individual numbers and accomplishments...it's no contest.

Hypothetically Bron ends up 3-6 or 3-7 in the finals. Still top 5?

IF LeBron ends up going 3-9 or 3-10 in the NBA Finals and NEVER wins another ring again, it'll be extremely difficult for some people to even consider him the 2nd best player of all-time.

The fact of the matter is, he needs to get to or surpass 7 rings to be considered the GOAT. I'm not sure if he can even get to 6.

how many more yrs of cavs/w's dominance do you think we are going to get?
bron getting up there in age, but the cavs still on another level and teams in the east still seem like a couple yrs away.

feel like w's have the west locked up for the next 5yrs
unless someone elite joins kawhi and spurs, don't think they can catch up to the w's

Last edited:
how many more yrs of cavs/w's dominance do you think we are going to get?
bron getting up there in age, but the cavs still on another level and teams in the east still seem like a couple yrs away.

feel like w's have the west locked up for the next 5yrs
unless someone elite joins kawhi and spurs, don't think they can catch up to the w's

Warriors have a good 3-4 years left before people start moving on to other things. It's tough keeping great teams together for so long. Something's gotta give and that usually means paycuts.

On paper it's GS over the Cavs easy, same as last year. The rematch is needed: smokin
I don't see how its easy on paper.  As much as I would love to see GSW sweep, I think its close on paper.  Cavs have some serious firepower.
I don't see it that way. GS has seemingly 4 guys that can light you up and there's only 2 on Cle. Starting 5 vs starting 5 GS looks like the winner but last year showed that on paper isn't necessarily the case..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom