2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
MJ
Kareem
Magic

Undisputed top 3. Bron is in the next tier with Bean, Timmy & Shaq.

Bron has played with HOF talents since he left CLE the first time.

That's how I see it. You gotta throw Hakeem in the "next tier" too. I think those guys round out the bottom 5 of the "top 8".

Fine maybe Rodman shouldn't be in there.

But you cant tell me you'd rather have Love, Kyrie, Bosh over any other of those players in their prime as your #2

IF MJ had this current Cavs teams, he'd destroy the league. Especially if we're playing within the current day NBA rules :lol:

Same thing could be said if Lebron had Pippen, or Kobe, or a prime Manu/Parker, or Kareem.

Works both ways.

Last edited:
Fine maybe Rodman shouldn't be in there.

But you cant tell me you'd rather have Love, Kyrie, Bosh over any other of those players in their prime as your #2

also most of the players you grouped in there were not in their prime together

lebron bosh wade kyrie love you can argue all were in their prime or close to it together

Tier 1:

MJ (GOAT)
Magic
Kareem

Tier 2:
Kobe
LeBron
Hakeem
Shaq
Duncan
Wilt
Russell
Bird

Tier 3:
Wilt
Oscar Robertson
David Robertson
Pippen
Barkley
Ewing
Wade

Same thing could be said if Lebron had Pippen, or Kobe, or a prime Manu/Parker, or Kareem.

Works both ways.

If Lebron played in the MJ's NBA I don't think it'd be the same.

LeBron would've taken on more of a the offensive burden and I don't think he has the ability to do that. At least not with that Bulls team.

Last edited:
I truthfully don't think Bron can pass Kareem, if he wins another chip maybe Magic. MJ was never really realistic after 2011.

What is your guy's top 5 list looking like after the post Jordan era? This is a toughie right here.

Tim Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
LeBron
Wade/AI/Dirk (all interchangeable)

He's been taking the offensive burden for his entire career and is still putting up crazy percentages. He'd be just as fine in the 80s when the offense wasnt as advanced.

Last edited:
What is your guy's top 5 list looking like after the post Jordan era? This is a toughie right here.

Tim Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
LeBron

I like this argument much better. Especially since it measures over s 20 year period. A whole generation. To me....it's;

Duncan
Shaq
Kobe
Bron
Wade

With respects to Dirk and KG....those guys above check off all the boxes and are the clear top 5 post MJ to me.

Tim Duncan
Kobe
Shaq
LeBron

Kobe
Timmy
Shaq
Bron
Wade/Dirk/KG

(Dirk and KG got the longevity, Wade maybe the peak)

Last edited:
He's been taking the offensive burden for his entire career and is still putting up crazy percentages. He'd be just as fine in the 80s when the offense wasnt as advanced.

He really would. Teams were averaging 110 ppg in the 80's, I'm not sure why people think it was much harder to score back then. Kobe himself would've probably put up 100 a few times.

Last edited:
lebron is so blessed that the eastern conference is piping hot garbage

its been like 6 years since the east has had any true threats to the top team

Didn't stop NT from crowning any high-seed non-Cavs/non-Heat teams as the next great thing. Noah/Rose Bulls, World Class Wreckin Cru Pacers, and for a good portion of this season, Celtics and Wizards.

Greatest shot in Finals history. They don't mention this enough.

Ray Allen shot > 

If not for that, Lebron slander levels would have reached unfathomable heights. 

Ray Allen's shot is what I immediately thought of, followed by Mike's shot against the Jazz.

Allen's shot was amazing. The Spurs ****** up big time closing out that game. Dudes were already on the bench celebrating and then it all went to **** :smh:  

Sugar Ray :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom