2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many more yrs of cavs/w's dominance do you think we are going to get?
bron getting up there in age, but the cavs still on another level and teams in the east still seem like a couple yrs away.

feel like w's have the west locked up for the next 5yrs
unless someone elite joins kawhi and spurs, don't think they can catch up to the w's

Lakers-Wolves WCF 2020. Klay or Draymond going to be gone after the 2019 season.

bron getting up there in age, but the cavs still on another level and teams in the east still seem like a couple yrs away.

unless someone elite joins kawhi and spurs, don't think they can catch up to the w's

5 years is a long time, maybe 1 or 2 more

If Lebron isn't GOAT he for sure will be the second best player ever when it's all said and done.

Last edited:

Lakers-Wolves WCF 2020. Klay or Draymond going to be gone after the 2019 season.

if i am one these teams, i just wait and hope young talent develops

going to have the w's in their 30s with many miles on them, considering all the finals they've been to
even kobe and lakers finally hit that wall when they loss to the mavs. don't even think anyone expected that result, let alone a sweep

i wonder how many more finals bron would've made if he stuck it out in miami or would he lose the grasp on the eastern conf

Last edited:
If Lebron isn't GOAT he for sure will be second best player ever when it's all said and done.

Other than perimeter bias....why are we so eager to propel LeBron over Shaq and Duncan?

I mean...Shaq from 92-06 was more dominant than Bron has been. However, Bron will likely have the longevity...so "when it's all said and done"....COULD come into play.

But I have a hard time putting Bron over Shaq and Duncan right now.

I think Duncan had a better career than Kobe, Shaq and LeBron.

Never had a losing season, always made the playoffs, won several MVP's, Stayed with one team his entire career.

He's arguably the greatest PF of all time and probably a top 5 player of all-time.

This is just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Bron will literally shatter points, assists, rebound records in both the regular season and playoffs. Counting in the amount of consecutive finals he goes to along with his Individual statistics no one is touching him. Just the complete package from both a team and individual success point.

I love Duncan and I think Shaq was the most dominant big ever, but I can't crown them #2.

If Lebron isn't GOAT he for sure will be second best player ever when it's all said and done.

Other than perimeter bias....why are we so eager to propel LeBron over Shaq and Duncan?

I mean...Shaq from 92-06 was more dominant than Bron has been. However, Bron will likely have the longevity...so "when it's all said and done"....COULD come into play.

But I have a hard time putting Bron over Shaq and Duncan right now.
'92 - '06 included being swept three years in a row, first round exits, chunks of games missed due to injury, more sweeps.

You're essentially giving him the edge based on '99-'01.

Doesn't add up to me.

Last edited:
kareem always gets looked over

maybe im biased but lebron aint surpassing magic either

I don't think Lebron will have a better career than Magic either.

LeBron will have played more games, but the winning is what means the most. LeBron needs to touch at least 5 to sit in the table with the All-Time greats.

Going to the Finals many times is nice, but it starts to look bad when you've lost more than you've won.

There's a reason why Jerry West gets ******* on all the time :lol:

Last edited:
'92 - '06 included being swept three years in a row, first round exits, chunks of games missed due to injury.

You're essentially giving him the edge based on '99-'01.

Doesn't add up to me.

Duncan got swept, had numerous early exits as well as the favorite.

lebron is so blessed that the eastern conference is piping hot garbage

its been like 6 years since the east has had any true threats to the top team

Last edited:
Also arguably the help those guys had for their runs is much more than Lebron ever had.

Shaq had Kobe
Jordan had Pippen and Rodman
Duncan had Robinson, Manu, Parker, Kawhi
Kareem had Magic, Worthy

All those guys are by far better than a Bosh, Kyrie, Love. Maybe not Wade, but you get the point.

Last edited:
MJ
Kareem
Magic

Undisputed top 3. Bron is in the next tier with Bean, Timmy & Shaq.

Bron has played with HOF talents since he left CLE the first time otherwise he'd still be ringless, the help argument is moot and null and void.

Last edited:
Also arguably the help those guys had is much more than Lebron ever had.

Shaq had Kobe
Jordan had Pippen and Rodman
Duncan had Robinson, Manu, Parker, Kawhi
Kareem had Magic

All those guys are by far better than a Bosh, Kyrie, Love. Maybe not Wade, but you get the point.

when u put rodman in there it tells me you dont know what you talking bout

and robinson was at the end of his career

lebron had wade bosh kyrie love all in their prime in a trash *** eastern conference

Last edited:
I don't think Lebron will have a better career than Magic either.

LeBron will have played more games, but the winning is what means the most. LeBron needs to touch at least 5 to sit in the table with the All-Time greats.

Going to the Finals many times is nice, but it starts to look bad when you've lost more than you've won.

There's a reason why Jerry West gets ******* on all the time :lol:

In your honest opinion you don't think he already sits with the all time greats? The order will always be personal opinion and bias, but even the all time greats already have him sitting there.

This where will LeBron stand talk doesnt totally matter at the moment.

Once LeBron is gone is when the magnitude of what he's accomplished will truly be felt.

Fine maybe Rodman shouldn't be in there.

But you cant tell me you'd rather have Love, Kyrie, Bosh over any other of those players in their prime as your #2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom