2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only time these people really hold weight is if they got inside sources and **** like that, reporting a breaking story or something. Other than that they don't hold much weight. Basketball is a simple game. Fans that's been watching their whole life can break the game down just as good or better than these people.

This isn't true.

Like not even close :lol: You're telling me that a fan just watching the game casually can break the game down just as good if not better than someone who spends hours pouring over the intricacies of the game.

Aight man.

Yeah it is true. This is a simple *** game. This ain't like football.

And it depends on you mean by "casual" I'm not talking about somebody that just watches a few playoff games and games every now and then. It's dudes in here that break **** down better than these people that get paid for it. It's a lot of people on TV that say dumb ****. It's some of them that are great at what they do but the thought process that cuz they're on TV and they paid means they know more is false.

SAS is a clown.

Brother Shannon has better basketball analysis than him. Funnier too
Come on bro.

Shannon's basketball analysis are awful and cringe.

I don't **** with Stephen A and first take none, but the 3 times i've came across Shannon I had to turn away with the quickness.

Wow at what's going in here.

Basketball isn't a simple game that's a wild statement. On the surface level sure but people who only understand basketball in the surface level say dumb stuff ALL the time which is why it's clearly more complicated than it looks.

People who understand ball on a surface level say dumb stuff like Westbrook I'd the best player in the league and a good three point shooter.

The word of Zach Lowe means more than anyone here

Last edited:
Zach Lowe is really good at what he does. Doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he says, but he's a smart guy and puts a lot of time into his craft and does a good job at using both video and numbers in a way that's easy to understand.
Agreed. Being a journalist doesn't mean everything, can't get down with that black and white thinking

Lowe is good though

Yeah it is true. This is a simple *** game. This ain't like football.

And it depends on you mean by "casual" I'm not talking about somebody that just watches a few playoff games and games every now and then. It's dudes in here that break **** down better than these people that get paid for it. It's a lot of people on TV that say dumb ****. It's some of them that are great at what they do but the thought process that cuz they're on TV and they paid means they know more is false.
I swear man people act like basketball is rocket science
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

This **** started with Lowe getting clowned. Most of the opinions afterward had some truth to them on both sides, but imo it's clown **** to **** on Lowe. Dude puts in work regardless of how you feel about it

Lowe is cool. Now Bill Simmons...that's what a real hack looks like.

SAS is a clown.

Brother Shannon has better basketball analysis than him. Funnier too

Come on bro.

Shannon's basketball analysis are awful and cringe.

I don't **** with Stephen A and first take none, but the 3 times i've came across Shannon I had to turn away with the quickness.

Shannons delivery is bad cause he's a country bumpkin. But he isn't bad imo.

Stephen A lost me with the Durant to LAL rumors, and then said he was the wrong person to make an enemy of.

Stephen A lost me with the Durant to LAL rumors, and then said he was the wrong person to make an enemy of.
Both of these were hilarious man. He so damn stupid
laugh.gif

SAS still salty about that. I don't recall much criticism of KD from SAS until after KD called him out.

I spend hours on hours watching basketball. I'd like to think zach Lowe is too

Why the hell are you spending that many hours watching basketball man It's a simple *** game. It isn't complex at all.

Lol

It's really complex though. Because I do skill development, I'm all into the individual nuances guys have. It's definitely chess and not checkers

This giant thread exists where we sit here and analyze basketball for free but the guy who gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do so is not spending any time on it and just making stuff up on the fly?

Yall are tripping man

Lol

It's really complex though. Because I do skill development, I'm all into the individual nuances guys have. It's definitely chess and not checkers

:lol:

Obvs he doesn't know your background (or perhaps, it was Sarcasm)

-edit- I'm pretty sure that was said tongue in cheek

Last edited:
Yeah shoeking was being facetious.

But yeah the guys that really have something to talk about spend hours watching (not including myself.)

Charles Barkley doesn't watch basketball. Nope, I don't believe it

Lol

Nah trust me I know. I get it.

One of my best friends with LAC was / is the head of player development and there's very little that's simple when it comes to basketball especially on a pro level. From footwork on defense, knowing not to help off of corners, knowing how to tag rollers and get out to shooters on ball reversal, How to handle PnR as a ball handler when the defense is icing and pushing it down towards the baseline, etc.

It's far moreeee to it. You'd have to really be a casual (which there's nothing wrong with, it's all good) to suggest that basketball is a simple sport.

LeBatard spoke on this when ESPN where making massive cuts, and "some demographics" where crying for Michael Smith, Jemele Hill, LeBatard, Bomani, SAS, & others to be fired for "not knowing anything"

These guys were journalist for YEARS and have the footwork AND resume to have shows and talking points. It's not like they are former players or these athletes who get on TV overnight because of there name. They are some of the best in the business at what they do.

I already know what "demographic" was calling for these names to be fired :lol:.

Other than SAS....those names up there are legit. Too black and Latino for TV though....[emoji]128580[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom