2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
P C H P C H

I got a youngin at OK state I've been working with for a few years. They had the cuffs on him this year but they let him get loose one game in middle PNR. He did everything we'd been working on.

I was smiling like a proud dad watching his only son that made it

Last edited:
I already know what "demographic" was calling for these names to be fired
laugh.gif

Other than SAS....those names up there are legit. Too black and Latino for TV though....[emoji]128580[/emoji]
laugh.gif
 "for not knowing anything"  yeah, okay.

Not a fan of Jemele Hill even but now I feel like I gotta root for her success.

This giant thread exists where we sit here and analyze basketball for free but the guy who gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do so is not spending any time on it and just making stuff up on the fly?

Yall are tripping man
So basically what your saying is most of us could do what they do. Obviously your not quite sharp enough but a good amount of us could obsess over NBA just as well as these nerds on TV and at ESPN.

If u need somebody to interpret something for u maybe your not really into it like u think u are

Last edited:
:lol:  "for not knowing anything"  yeah, okay.

Not a fan of Jemele Hill even but now I feel like I gotta root for her success.

Jemele is knowledgeable....and often has honest nuanced takes. I enjoy their show man. So many want it to fail. That's bout the only show on espn I check our.

@PCH Roadwinder

I got a youngin at OK state I've been working with for a few years. They had the cuffs on him this year but they let him get loose one game in middle PNR. He did everything we'd been working on.

I was smiling like a proud dad watching his only son that made it
Damn this is exactly why I would love to get into player development

This giant thread exists where we sit here and analyze basketball for free but the guy who gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to do so is not spending any time on it and just making stuff up on the fly?

Yall are tripping man
So basically what your saying is most of us could do what they do. Obviously your not quite sharp enough but a good amount of us could obsess over NBA just as well as these nerds on TV and at ESPN.

If u need somebody to interpret something for u maybe your not really into it like u think u are
Is this a misquote? Because I'm lost here bro.

I don't think I said anything that would imply that anyone here can do what guys like Zach Lowe do.

Last edited:

Yall are tripping man

Is this a misquote? Because I'm lost here bro.

I don't think I said anything that would imply that anyone here can do what guys like Zach Lowe do.
laugh.gif
In fact you said the complete opposite 

Football maybe more complex in terms of the amount of information that has to be committed to memory...but basketball at a high level certainly isn't "simple". There are alot of dudes who can hoop their ***** off but couldn't stick in the league because of basic lack of comprehension on how to actually play the game...which involves alot of detailed strategy. 

They aren't just running up and down out there.

I spend hours on hours watching basketball. I'd like to think zach Lowe is too

That's not what i said. Dude thinks these people spend hours and hours studying film and ****. THAT ain't happening. :lol:

Yeah it is true. This is a simple *** game. This ain't like football.

What makes football complex & basketball simple?

Football is 22 men on the field. There's so many different systems and schemes in football. There's always different gadget plays, trick plays, wildcat like ****. Football is way more complex than basketball.

Before anybody gets offended I love basketball a bit more than football but that's just what it is.

Last edited:
Then who is watching film? Zach Lowe routinely puts plays in his articles, of stuff he likes and doesn't like. How would he source these things or even notice trends if he wasn't spending time studying it?

I actually believe basketball is more complex for players.  Many of the decisions in football are "pre-baked" into a play, where players go through progressions and make pre-set decisions based on that.  Basketball has an aspect of that obviously but requires much more free-flowing and creative decision making.

That's not what i said. Dude thinks these people spend hours and hours studying film and ****. THAT ain't happening.
laugh.gif

Football is 22 men on the field. There's so many different systems and schemes in football. There's always different gadget plays, trick plays, wildcat like ****. Football is way more complex than basketball.

Wait, so how do you think they're breaking down film if they aren't studying and spending hours watching film?

And do you think that there aren't different trick plays, and gadget plays, etc. in basketball
laugh.gif
?

Before anybody gets offended I love basketball a bit more than football but that's just what it is.
There aren't several different offenses in basketball? Every team plays the exact same way?

Teams play defense the same way too?

Both sports can be complex.

TBH I think football is more complex. Reading defenses and play memorization would have me confused AF.
Bron/Harden/Paul don't go through reads every time down the court? There's no play memorization?

For anyone who thinks basketball is simple I would advise you to every so often watch a game and watch everyone besides the guy with the ball. Ball watching causes you to miss a lot of what's going on.

Even stuff that seems simple like PnR has a ton of nuances within it that are missed.

TBH I think football is more complex. Reading defenses and play memorization would have me confused AF.
Bron/Harden/Paul don't go through reads every time down the court? There's no play memorization?
The number of different defenses and plays really aren't the same amount. Never did I say basketball wasn't complex, just football in my opinion is more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom