2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who thinks basketball is simple I would advise you to every so often watch a game and watch everyone besides the guy with the ball. Ball watching causes you to miss a lot of what's going on.

Even stuff that seems simple like PnR has a ton of nuances within it that are missed.

Lot's of X's and O's

For anyone who thinks basketball is simple I would advise you to every so often watch a game and watch everyone besides the guy with the ball. Ball watching causes you to miss a lot of what's going on.

Even stuff that seems simple like PnR has a ton of nuances within it that are missed.
James Harden is fat

TBH I think football is more complex. Reading defenses and play memorization would have me confused AF.
Bron/Harden/Paul don't go through reads every time down the court? There's no play memorization?

The number of different defenses and plays really aren't the same amount. Never did I say basketball wasn't complex, just football in my opinion is more.
Teams don't employ a plethora of different strategies defending the pick & roll? Defending perimeter isos? Defending post ups? Defending pin-downs and curls?

And I'm not even arguing that football is less complex. If you don't think basketball is simple then we're on the same page.

FF to 2:05.

sheeesh :pimp:
how long have you been doing that?

5 years. Me and him been working together for 3.

@kdslittlebro

Yeah he showed flashes last season and he had some rough games I'll chalk up to being a freshmen. But youngin is legit in the gym everyday on his own so he's going to be fine. If they give him space and freedom, I think he can be special. But obviously I'm biased.

That's not what i said. Dude thinks these people spend hours and hours studying film and ****. THAT ain't happening. :lol:

Football is 22 men on the field. There's so many different systems and schemes in football. There's always different gadget plays, trick plays, wildcat like ****. Football is way more complex than basketball.

Wait, so how do you think they're breaking down film if they aren't studying and spending hours watching film?

And do you think that there aren't different trick plays, and gadget plays, etc. in basketball :lol: ?

You don't need to spend hours to do that **** with basketball. :lol:

Yeah there are trick plays in basketball, it ain't the same as football. Ain't no wildcat like offense in basketball. Ain't no coming up with the scheme to stop the running QB in basketball. Ain't no Single-wing formation, Wishbone formation, Pistol offense, Shotgun formation, under center formation, Nickel defense, 4–3 defense, nickel defense in basketball. :lol:

TBH I think football is more complex. Reading defenses and play memorization would have me confused AF.
Bron/Harden/Paul don't go through reads every time down the court? There's no play memorization?
The number of different defenses and plays really aren't the same amount. Never did I say basketball wasn't complex, just football in my opinion is more.
Teams don't employ a plethora of different strategies defending the pick & roll? Defending perimeter isos? Defending post ups? Defending pin-downs and curls?

And I'm not even arguing that football is less complex. If you don't think basketball is simple then we're on the same page.
I don't think basketball is simple

Football is 22 men on the field. There's so many different systems and schemes in football. There's always different gadget plays, trick plays, wildcat like ****. Football is way more complex than basketball.

Before anybody gets offended I love basketball a bit more than football but that's just what it is.
There aren't several different offenses in basketball? Every team plays the exact same way?

Teams play defense the same way too?

Both sports can be complex.

No it ain't the same as football. We can disagree.

Football maybe more complex in terms of the amount of information that has to be committed to memory...but basketball at a high level certainly isn't "simple". There are alot of dudes who can hoop their ***** off but couldn't stick in the league because of basic lack of comprehension on how to actually play the game...which involves alot of detailed strategy. 

They aren't just running up and down out there.
This is so true my dad coaches/used to coach pro and college ball overseas you'd be amazed at the stupidity of some of the players like they can understand more than 3 plays they can't understand pick and roll coverages the teams rules on when and where to double from or switch

You don't need to spend hours to do that **** with basketball.
laugh.gif

Yeah there are trick plays in basketball, it ain't the same as football. Ain't no wildcat like offense in basketball. Ain't no coming up with the scheme to stop the running QB in basketball. Ain't no Single-wing formation, Wishbone formation, Pistol offense, Shotgun formation, under center formation, Nickel defense, 4–3 defense, nickel defense in basketball.
laugh.gif
WTF? Yes there is
roll.gif

You're just not watching basketball critically enough, which is cool. People don't come up with schemes to stop Chris Paul or Steph Curry (The QB) in basketball?

Icing PnR's, Zone defense, loading strong side defense, box and 1, 3/4 front of the post, Blitizing PnR, etc. I mean this is just silly as hel.

If you don't watch basketball critically like that then yeah your opinion would make sense but it doesn't at all.

It's not like basketball plays are just PnR all day long.

What about Bball Breakdown? Is Coach Nick not spending hours watching film? That whole channel is about nothing but analyzing film.

Before anybody gets offended I love basketball a bit more than football but that's just what it is.
There aren't several different offenses in basketball? Every team plays the exact same way?

Teams play defense the same way too?

Both sports can be complex.
No it ain't the same as football. We can disagree.
Sometimes I don't think we can disagree 
laugh.gif

I'm not arguing that Football isn't complex, or more complex.

My man flat out said basketball was simple, and that's just flat out wrong.

If you're watching it and it appears like that, then just say that. But there's 100's of offensive and defensive sets that are implored in basketball.

5 years. Me and him been working together for 3
true. I wanted to help my sister out cause she just started playing basketball but I honestly don't know where to start. Lot of things I did was just off pure instinct.

Man I say go for it. That's how I started. First kid that gave me a chance I was making stuff up. I worked with a pro and had a terrible workout. I made adjustments and been cooking up great workouts ever since.

If you're watching it and it appears like that, then just say that. But there's 100's of offensive and defensive sets that are implored in basketball.
Who said it was simple?

Like I said we can disagree. I don't care. I been watching basketball since I was 5, **** is simple to me. Especially compared to football.

The concept of basketball is simple but there's levels to this I wouldn't say calling basketball simple is flat out wrong if you were to pick up a guy from the mountains with no prior experience of knowledge of any sport soccer basketball then football and baseball would probably be the order of easiest to grasp right away

That's not what i said. Dude thinks these people spend hours and hours studying film and ****. THAT ain't happening. :lol:

Wait, so how do you think they're breaking down film if they aren't studying and spending hours watching film?

And do you think that there aren't different trick plays, and gadget plays, etc. in basketball :lol: ?

You don't need to spend hours to do that **** with basketball. :lol:

Yeah there are trick plays in basketball, it ain't the same as football. Ain't no wildcat like offense in basketball. Ain't no coming up with the scheme to stop the running QB in basketball. Ain't no Single-wing formation, Wishbone formation, Pistol offense, Shotgun formation, under center formation, Nickel defense, 4–3 defense, nickel defense in basketball. :lol:

You know you my guy, but you sound CRAZY AS HELL YUNG! :smh: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom