2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
question for those who play basketball: when you contest a shot on defense, do you make sure you give the shooter room to land?

personally, i do, but it may just be because I've rolled my ankles so much that i make sure i don't do it to someone else.

Yes. And if I get caught under I'll usually try to jump out the way or I'll take the foul and try to catch em

question for those who play basketball: when you contest a shot on defense, do you make sure you give the shooter room to land?

personally, i do, but it may just be because I've rolled my ankles so much that i make sure i don't do it to someone else.

if im running full speed to contest an open shooter and my momentum is carrying me into his body, i almost always adjust myself to land past his body or to his side so i dont make contact and dont disrupt his ability to land in a clear area. this is pick up ball, i'm not trying to see anyone get injured.

but Zaza is a huge dude and I don't know how easy that is for him

Last edited:

Depends on the shooter. If he's money from behind the line, I'm flying at him like Superman trying to save Lois from a falling death, without regard for his or my life. If he's an ehh shooter, I'll give a lazy jump

Dudes talking about hoping Zaza catches a stray bullet on Twitter 
mean.gif

....and it's a NTer

@ em'
Your die-hard Cleveland fan 
nerd.gif
a mod?
nerd.gif
Yup

Depends on the shooter. If he's money from behind the line, I'm flying at him like Superman trying to save Lois from a falling death, without regard for his or my life. If he's an ehh shooter, I'll give a lazy jump

:lol:

I try man but I've accidently had dudes roll they ankles when I close out to close and don't give them room to land. Hasn't happened much but 3 times or so that has happened. Never intentional. Just a game not trying to Injure anyone but sometimes I can't judge and I'm just trying to close out.

Honestly bra it depends. You can't compare a pickup game to a playoff game the intensity is on another level guys are contesting shots they normally would let go. Sometimes it really is an accident there are plenty of other ways you can hurt someone other then coming underneath them. Zaza is a center not use to being on the perimeter playing defense. And he was in a bad spot there BC he gave to much space just bad luck for kawhi honeslty

Cant wait for Durant to get all sassy in the post game press conference when the Khawhi questions get asked

I think the play was dirty and possibly intentional but y'all gotta chill with the retaliation talk :lol:

It's a shame tho. The Spurs should be up 1-0 with a dominating win on the road. The buildup to Game 2 would have been great.

I'm gonna need people to stop acting like Kawhi's absence wasn't a big factor in GS winning. Have a little objectivity :lol: :smh:

View media item 2435043
Me scrolling through this thread reading all the Warrior haters posts that we're throwing a parade in the first half

Also, you have to be on another level of stupidity to honestly believe that Zaza with his back turned closing Kawhi out intentionally was able to have his left foot in perfect position for Kawhi to land on it

I know it doesn't compare to spurs losing kawhi, but the warriors are playing with mike brown as their head coach lol. Seriously, do y'all think zaza purposely did it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom