2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious to see who wins tonight's game. Either way, I just hope that team gives the Cavs some competition lol

I kid you not someone used WAR as a stat to try to prove to me Steph was better than Bron last season :lol: Just blindly googling whatever **** they can throw and hope sticks :lol:

You can't even talk basketball with guys like that because all they know is Steph, Klay, Draymond, and now, KD :lol: :smh:.

Warriors looked rusty in that first half. Seems like rest is a double-edged sword. You come in healthier but your rhythm and timing takes a minute. They'll be fine. Should be a great series though.

Minus LMA's fadeaway jumpers, I thought he asserted himself well. Got early position on Draymond in the key and found success. But not sure if he'll stick to that gameplan all series long lol.

But yeah, game 7 tonight, for a chance to lose to the Cavs in 5.

Who y'all got? Boston in Boston, or Wall/Beal/Gortat on the road?

I had Boston over Washington before the playoffs started. Sticking with that.

I find it very interesting that pretty much EVERYONE who's played, coached, trained, or is consistently around high level ball all find the play not dirty. There's probably a reason for that. And it probably has something to do with them understanding closeouts/the difficultly in a big making that play. But hey, Zaza doing that intentionally is certainly a better story. Also, Kawhi going out certainly was the spark for the run. The Warriors we're going to make a run regardless but I don't think the Spurs scramble for offense the same way if he's in.
I agree. A run was going to be made. Last regular season Game, warriors were down big and came back and Kawhi wasn't injured when that happened. Spurs couldn't keep up shooting so well.

I want Washington to win but I think celtics are going to win.

Last edited:
Watching the replay... Paus found trouble really killed too, I think his play for vs the rockets was very promising to their game plan vs the warriors

I'm sure GSW would've made a run, but Kawhi had 26 points in 24 minutes and after he went down the Spurs' offense was a whole lot of struggle.

The Warriors fan base was awlays widely known as supportive even when they weren't good for like a 25 year period.

I recall broadcasts on tv where they used to measure the decibel level during the baron davis era.

Sure they have some bandwagon fans. But if I recall correctly, they've had one of the more supportive fan bases even when they weren't good.

:lol: EXACTLY. They've had the third strongest fan base outside of the Lakers and Knicks on here since I first started lurking 10+ years ago. Even back in those games with Baron Davis they were tracking the decibel level because their crowd was so loud every game.

People in this thread would probably be wishing for players to blow out Jordan's knees every time Rodman did something dirty if this thread was around back in the day

But yeah, game 7 tonight, for a chance to lose to the Cavs in 5.

Who y'all got? Boston in Boston, or Wall/Beal/Gortat on the road?

I had Boston over Washington before the playoffs started. Sticking with that.
This series is close but Boston...

- Gerald Green only has 16 points in this series after lighting up the Bulls in Rd. 1.

- It's sad that Terry Rozier plays more in the playoffs than Amir Johnson. Sad for Amir.

- J.Wall has 11 blocks in the series

- Both teams are 46.2% from the field in the series, but BOS leads 3pt% 38-to-31 (on 50 more attempts).

I'm sure GSW would've made a run, but Kawhi had 26 points in 24 minutes and after he went down the Spurs' offense was a whole lot of struggle.

He had 8 points in the 3rd already. The Warriors won by 1 point and people are trying to say he wouldn't have made a difference :lol: :smh:

woke up mad as hell, warriors really gonna catch ANOTHER break...sucks that kawhi got hurt. he was rolling on offense and defense...**** !

I find it very interesting that pretty much EVERYONE who's played, coached, trained, or is consistently around high level ball all find the play not dirty.

Everyone?

Like literally every single person?

It's still Monday morning and it happened on a Sunday afternoon, you sure you want to claim everyone?

So am I not a real Sixers fan because I became a fan when they got Iverson not when they got Jerry Stackhouse?

[quote name="JsindaA"]I find it very interesting that pretty much EVERYONE who's played, coached, trained, or is consistently around high level ball all find the play not dirty.[/quote]Yeah, I could say the exact same thing in the opposite direction. Myself and most all of my friends have all played basketball forever, including a few friends who played D1.

All say dirty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom