2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the tipping point was when Joe Lacob said that the warriors are "light years ahead" of every other team. That along with Steph Curry doing his stupid drills and shooting from the tunnel.

I've never heard that Lacob quote....and Curry has been doing those "stupid drills" and the shots from the tunnel his whole career as far as I know. If you're a fan and paid hundreds of dollars to go to the games why the **** would you not wanna see one of the best players in the league/a future Hall of Famer/possibly the greatest shooter in basketball history shoot half court shots and shots from the tunnel in warmups?

So is everyone really going to act like KL wasn't out there playing on a bum ankle that he re aggravated minutes earlier? Dude out out there shooting jumpers on a bad ankle, what the hell did you think might happen?.

So it was common enough knowledge that everyone who follows enough basketball, would be aware of his previous injury?

Especially someone who would be reading scouting reports and watching game film on kawhi?

I mean it's not like the individual involved has a prior history of this sort of thing or anything.. he would NEVER do anything like this

:stoneface:

Also based on what you're saying, if other players are out there playing coming off of an injury or playing with minor nagging injuries, we should expect opposing players to target that injured area?

Just speaking hypothetically, but what if guys started diving at Durant's knee?

They could claim they were 'tripped' or maybe 'stumbled' and happened to 'fall' towards that area

If you think Leonard going out isn't the cause of GS's run just say you've never played basketball competitively besides 2k.

Ppl don't understand the confidence boost the other team automatically gets knowing that the opposing team's best player is done for the night. It's like smelling blood of a wounded prey :lol:

Idk what game you were watching but GS had already went on two runs before Kawhi went out and SA matched them. SA's whole offense was running through Kawhi and their whole game plan ran through him. They had to try to adjust on the fly with him out. As much as you hate to admit it GS isn't winning that game if he's healthy.

No hate over here, my g.

It's never that serious.

Are you friggin KIDDING me?? :rofl:  Did you even see the game summary:

The Spurs were up by 78-55 when Leonard went out. That's 23 points - only 2 less than their biggest lead of the game (44-19).
Immediately after Leonard went out, the Warriors went on a 18-0 run and cut the lead to 78-73.

Game MVP:

View media item 2435381

Go look at the box score in the third.

The only spurs points came off free throws and a couple of last second threes.

They wouldn't have been able to keep up with the scoring that gsw was bound to incur.

Shooting percentages tend to average out over the course of a came and gsw was not going to continue missing shots they normally make.

Ppl don't understand the confidence boost the other team automatically gets knowing that the opposing team's best player is done for the night. It's like smelling blood of a wounded prey :lol:

Especially when that player was his teams primary ball handler.

The notion that this Kawhi Leonard injury wasn't an impactful part of this game is one of the craziest things I have ever seen on here.

Dumbfounded.

Why?

And people keep saying that the run started when Leonard went out the game.

The first 5 minutes of the third, the spurs couldn't score anything.

Leonard dodged a bullet because GSW was coming regardless.

Doesn't even matter. Gsw won. Not sure why it's necessary to prove that gsw was gonna win regardless of Kawhi going out our staying in.

The notion that this Kawhi Leonard injury wasn't an impactful part of this game is one of the craziest things I have ever seen on here.

Dumbfounded.

Nah apparently in order to have that type of common sense you have to hate the warriors b/c they win a lot.

You know, since the Spurs don't win much...................................

No hate over here, my g.

It's never that serious.

They wouldn't have been able to keep up with the scoring that gsw was bound to incur.

Shooting percentages tend to average out over the course of a came and gsw was not going to continue missing shots they normally make.

You're telling me after watching that whole game that run would've occurred regardless with or without Kawhi? The best defender in league? Not to mention GS had already went on a couple runs earlier in the game and the Spurs matched each one?

Y'all are comedians [emoji]128514[/emoji]

All I know is I broke out my Curry 2 Gold Rings for the first time since last Finals before the game. At halftime I took them off and put them back in the box and in the storage unit where I had them.

I need to throw them in an ocean where nobody can ever find those cursed shoes again

Last edited:
The most shocking thing said since zaza decided to pull a 'jalen rose', in my opinion, is multiple people admitting they bought/have some of steph's shoes

Who knew

Dumbfounded.

Nah apparently in order to have that type of common sense you have to hate the warriors b/c they win a lot.

You know, since the Spurs don't win much...................................

Top 5 NBA player, teams best player, and primary ball handler is out and it doesn't matter... Yup.

Well bigger picture if he doesn't play Game 2 the series is over, going down 0-2 and having to win 4 out of 5 won't happen. My whole Spurs on 7 claim was predicated on splitting the first two at least.

Every time I think I've seen the dumbest **** I'll see on here it's somehow topped.

Kawhi goes down all of a sudden the W's look like a totally different team.

Zaza is a dirtbag.

Idk what game you were watching but GS had already went on two runs before Kawhi went out and SA matched them. SA's whole offense was running through Kawhi and their whole game plan ran through him. They had to try to adjust on the fly with him out. As much as you hate to admit it GS isn't winning that game if he's healthy.

No hate over here, my g.

It's never that serious.

Are you friggin KIDDING me?? :rofl:  Did you even see the game summary:

The Spurs were up by 78-55 when Leonard went out. That's 23 points - only 2 less than their biggest lead of the game (44-19).
Immediately after Leonard went out, the Warriors went on a 18-0 run and cut the lead to 78-73.

Game MVP:

View media item 2435381

I feel like that 3rd quarter play was because Kawhi was already playing hobbled when he tweaked the ankle the first time. KL injury undoubtedly helped GS comeback.

Last edited:
2nd best player in the NBA who already had 26 with 2 whole quarters left to play getting hurt had nothing to do with the result of the game apparently [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
I thought only kids and hoopers were wearing Currys shoes. I had no idea people wore them casually. Learn something new everyday.

Solid game 1 between Warriors and Spurs. It really is going to depend on how healthy Kawhi will be this series. He's hot and yesterday he continued to show through his play. 

But I was glad to see KD continue to be aggressive. Definitely going to need that since Andre is questionable for Game 2 with a sore left knee.

Like I said earlier, people who are on that side of the fence already have their predisposed sentiment of the GSW. It is what it is.

I'm not entirely sure why the Warriors are hated so much. Is the the superstar team, the finesse play or a few fans portraying the team in a negative light. Maybe Draymond Green? I can get that one, but to transpose that to the whole team? IDK man

Each to their own, but I hate cockiness. 

Humble in victory, gracious in defeat.

yup.

i don't get it. if you've watched sports your whole life and are a passionate fan of some teams, how do you end up not disliking the teams who beat your teams? not in an unhealthy rage-hate way, but in a I'm-gonna-cheer-against-them way? unless of course you are just a bandwagon fan or you don't let yourself get invested too much in one team.

the reasons don't have to be completely rational, just like fans of a certain team aren't always rational about why they like their team.

to answer the question concisely, gsw are hated because they win a lot and they are cocky and they are not always the best team and sometimes they are perceived as dirty. picking up kd didn't help them become more likeable either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom