2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
The injury was very much a big reason why GS won.

But on the other hand, your spotted 24 points. With a HALF to play. You should not lose that game. Injury or not.

there is no doubt in my mind the Spurs win if Kawhi doesn't go out

but they would still probably lose 4 straight after they blew their load in game 1

Even if that one guy is your best offensive and defensive player?
Even then. They were up 23 in the second. The same unit just blew a team out by 39 a couple of nights before.

This isn't the first time it's happened to them though. If memory serves me correctly, they jumped out on the Warriors in SA near the end of the regular season and couldn't close. KD still was out during that time.

[quote name="Addict4Sneakers"]The real question is if Kawhi has a twin brother like markieff to take his place for game 2[/quote]Kamhi Leonard :lol:

That is inexcusable from this unit when you're only missing one guy, regardless of who it is. .

So you're telling me if Kawhi doesn't return for the rest of the series, they're getting scrubbed by 25 points at some point in every game from here on out?

I don't believe that.

THey should've held on.

seeing kawhi leave the game must have been deflating for the team. and killed the little depth they had on the wing.

next man up?? come on the warriors have 4 all stars they can play next man up

Bruh, these are NBA players with arguably the best coach and system off all time.

Spurs are the very definition of next man up.

Its like Brady and the Patriots.

There's only so much 'next man up'-ing you can do

Duncan retired.. Parker is injured.. Manu and Paul are old.. Aldridge looking kinda funny in the light.. we'll see what happens with kawhi's injury now

And if OKC could figure out to kill em with that kanter/Adams combo, I'm sure warriors would get em eventually.. kawhi would put the claps on KD, but they would have enough all around to get it done

Last edited:
Y'all don't hoop. That extra step was clearly for Zaza to get his balance, just in case that was a pump fake

Next man up is the worst sports cliché of all time. Next man up ignores the fact that the quality of the next man will not be the same as the quality of the first man.

Next man up isn't replacing a top 3 NBA player.

Y'all don't hoop. That extra step was clearly for Zaza to get his balance, just in case that was a pump fake

Was in the air already..

And the pump fake is why you are taught not to close out like that.. the offensive player could easily go hard right or left and go right past you, if they haven't already left their feet and have the ability to do so

There's only so much 'next man up'-ing you can do

Duncan retired.. Parker is injured.. Manu and Paul are old.. Aldridge looking kinda funny in the light.. we'll see what happens with kawhi's injury now

And if OKC could figure out to kill em with that kanter/Adams combo, I'm sure warriors would get em eventually.. kawhi would put the claps on KD, but they would have enough all around to get it done

Aldridge is a fraud lol

Next man up is the worst sports cliché of all time. Next man up ignores the fact that the quality of the next man will not be the same as the quality of the first man.

Next man up isn't replacing a top 3 NBA player.

Isn't WAR the nerd version of next man up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom