2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, man. The Spurs are a vet team. They have tons of playoff/championship experience and the GOAT coach on that sideline. No excuse of blowing that large of a lead, in that little time.

OKC losing Westbrook, I can see. Spurs losing Kawhi, nope. I have faith in that roster, ESPECIALLY after they beat the Rockets by 39!!! Not 10, not 20, but 39!!!!

LA was doing well knowing Kahwi was on the floor. As soon as he went down and he had to become the guy, you could see the turn.

Where were all these Warrior fans when Baron Davis was their point guard?

Rooting for Kobe

the narrative that the Warriors had no fans until 3 years ago is trash.

The Warriors were selling out games when Mike Dunleavy was the best player, Chris Cohan was the worst owner in sports and they had a revolving door of trash *** coaches. :x

The Warriors team thread was ALWAYS pages deep even when they were blowing picks in the draft. I'd go as far as saying the top 3 longest on the forum behind the Knicks and Lakers. And I've been on NT since 2002.

Many Dubs fans weren't posting in this thread b/c we didn't have **** to say b/c the team was pure garbage. We weren't the irrational fanbase claiming they'd win a title every year so you may not have noticed this forum has been deep with Warriors fans. Imagine if Suns fans started talking about their squad in the playoffs right now? **** would get glossed over b/c it would be irrelevant, just like the Warriors used to be.

Last edited:

this stat is equally as dumb as the "spurs are better without kawhi" stat espn tried to propogate.

you gonna post that? why not post how cavs won game 6 with a suspended draymond and then an injured bogut for 6 and 7. see how that narrative works against every team? no one but the delusional fans cares at the end of the day

Last edited:
Nah, man. The Spurs are a vet team. They have tons of playoff/championship experience and the GOAT coach on that sideline. No excuse of blowing that large of a lead, in that little time.

OKC losing Westbrook, I can see. Spurs losing Kawhi, nope. I have faith in that roster, ESPECIALLY after they beat the Rockets by 39!!! Not 10, not 20, but 39!!!!

The Rockets ain't the Warriors tho. Add in the fact the Rockets flat out never showed up to that game, Harden was point shaving, how is this comparable?

The Warriors are LOADED, you gotta expect them to be able to get back in the game. 23 points isn't alot when the Warriors are capable of going on quick double digit runs any moment.

Next man up is the worst sports cliché of all time. Next man up ignores the fact that the quality of the next man will not be the same as the quality of the first man.

Next man up isn't replacing a top 3 NBA player.

Isn't WAR the nerd version of next man up?
VORP you mean. Used to be known as WARP but I don't think that exists anymore.

I personally have never cited VORP in an argument, the one time I saw it used extensively was a deadspin.com article that claimed Kobe was never the best player in the NBA any year because he never lead league in VORP. I'm sure if I did look it up it would echo my sentiments though.

Next man up is nonsense.

You'd really be shocked if the warriors drubbed this team with no kawhi?

Again, they were up by 23, so yes. I'd be surprised if Warriors beat this Spurs team minus Kawhi by 24 points every game. That'd have to be some sort of record for margin of victory in a playoff series.

He didn't leave them with an 8-10 point lead.

It's a shame we can't discuss the gawd Steph curry dropping a 40 piece.

Son is going to clean up loose ends from last season

giphy.gif

And that's if they manage to squeak by the Spurs.

Last edited:
this stat is equally as dumb as the "spurs are better without kawhi" stat espn tried to propogate.

you gonna post that? why not post how cavs won game 6 with a suspended draymond and then an injured bogut for 6 and 7. see how that narrative works against every team? no one but the delusional fans cares at the end of the day

First of all Draymond was suspended Game 5. Secondly Bogut being injuried was not that much of a factor. His production was easily replaced by Varejao yall acting like he was logging big minutes we all know GS goes to its "death lineup" when the game really mattered which meant Bogut was riding the pine. That stat and the Spurs without Kawhi isn't even comparable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom