2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did Roger Goodell just wipe his nose on the girl with one leg? [emoji]128566[/emoji]#NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/xwceN2SXPW
what the hell 
laugh.gif

mean.gif

Will Carson Wentz get Torrey Smith to crack 600 yards this year?

it's kind of baffling to me how people qualify their statements when it comes to domestic abuse

"he shouldn't have but if she didn't do this..."

you are basically saying it's ok and her fault

We view it differently, he's wrong as hell for what he did. Shouldn't have done it. Everyone reporting this talks about him but I haven't seen a single person on TV say she shouldn't have touched him. Where I'm from, that's a rule. You step to a man, you get beat like a man. If she doesn't touch him, it probably doesn't go down. There's rules. You never put your hands on anyone, no matter the gender.

The draft has to be actually 6 or so picks ahead at this point.

TV has to figure this nonsense put.

Players stay struggling calling these out.

it's kind of baffling to me how people qualify their statements when it comes to domestic abuse

No you aren't. 

Someone can be dead wrong AND you could have also avoided the situation entirely. 

We view it differently, he's wrong as hell for what he did. Shouldn't have done it. Everyone reporting this talks about him but I haven't seen a single person on TV say she shouldn't have touched him. Where I'm from, that's a rule. You step to a man, you get beat like a man. If she doesn't touch him, it probably doesn't go down. There's rules. You never put your hands on anyone, no matter the gender.
Yup I would rep but I'm out

My aunt was killed by an abusive man, **** that ******** you spewing. We come from different homes, different environments. You never put your hands on a man because you think he can't hit you. Do it and find out what the **** happens . Mixon should have been calm and walked away, he did the wrong thing and will live with it forever

He's in a position to be financially stable for the rest of his life with this contract. More people are gonna brush off his abuse cause he's an athlete. Aroldis Chapman, Terrell Suggs, Adrian Peterson, Brandon Marshall, Kobe Bryant, Ben Rothlisberger, Patrick Kane, Adam Jones, James Harrison...Plenty of cats still making money and their accusations have had little consequence on their lives. What is this man doing for any advocacy for domestic abuse victims? Or did he just apologize cause that's what is expected of him?

I can't say I agree with a woman putting her hand on a man but I think it's easy to walk away

My serious gf in college punched me and I walked away and just refused to see her the rest of the week, I think it is more of a control issue

I'm not trying to minimize your experiences but this is misinformed. Point blank

My aunt was killed by an abusive man, **** that ******** you spewing. We come from different homes, different environments. You never put your hands on a man because you think he can't hit you. Do it and find out what the **** happens . Mixon should have been calm and walked away, he did the wrong thing and will live with it forever

He's in a position to be financially stable for the rest of his life with this contract. More people are gonna brush off his abuse cause he's an athlete. Aroldis Chapman, Terrell Suggs, Adrian Peterson, Brandon Marshall, Kobe Bryant, Ben Rothlisberger, Patrick Kane, Adam Jones, James Harrison...Plenty of cats still making money and their accusations have had little consequence on their lives. What is this man doing for any advocacy for domestic abuse victims? Or did he just apologize cause that's what is expected of him?

You sound like you just have a problem with athletes in general. You know how many women have been beaten by husbands or boyfriends in these sports? You just shouldn't watch because there's a few on every team in every league.

I can't say I agree with a woman putting her hand on a man but I think it's easy to walk away

My serious gf in college punched me and I walked away and just refused to see her the rest of the week, I think it is more of a control issue

It's not the same for everyone though. I don't know what happened or what was said, he was mad as **** already and touching him triggered him. It isn't right, he should have been smarter and walked away. One of my exes swung at me twice and I blocked her and grabbed her arms and held her against the wall until she calmed down. I didn't swing on her or anything but I'm a real calm and laid back person. **** was funny to me but it could have been worse.

Has nothing to do with football at this point...

Take it to DMs or Twitter or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom