2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Mike!

“Man, good luck,” Vick told reporters at Willie Colon’s charity golf event for lupus research in Bernardsville, N.J. “I don’t even know who the quarterback is going to be. Good luck. I know there’s three of them.”

To be honest, “there’s three of them” might be the nicest thing you can say about the Jets quarterback situation. The three QBs are Josh McCown, Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty.

But on Tuesday, Vick tried to roll back his comment, saying it wasn’t a criticism.

“First of all, I meant no disrespect to neither guy in that quarterback room,” Vick said on ESPN. “But what I did mean to say was, I mean, good luck.”

That’s a little like saying “no offense” right before or after insulting someone ... no one is buying it. But Vick then did follow up a little, explaining why the situation might be difficult.

“If you don’t have a quarterback, I think, going into OTAs and going into training camp and preseason, it becomes tough,” Vick said. “It becomes a distraction. You’ve got guys not being able to focus on the job at hand, task at hand. That’s winning one game at a time.”

The former Jet did give his thoughts on who should start under center for Gang Green. Or, at least who shouldn’t.

“Ideally, I would use Josh as the backup. That’s what he’s best at. That’s what he’s best catered for. And he’s done good work in his past ... I don’t think you put him out as a starter,” Vick said. “I think you let Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg battle it out for the number one spot, because that’s what it’s leading to as of right now. And use Josh as a safety net.”

Damn Berman's was killed in a car accident

Damn :frown:

ESPN broadcaster Chris Berman's wife dies in car accident

The wife of longtime ESPN broadcaster Chris Berman was one of two people killed in a car accident on Tuesday in Connecticut.

The Mercedes driven by Kathy Berman, 69, was struck from behind by a Ford Escape driven by an 89-year-old man in Woodbury at around 2:16 p.m., according to the Connecticut State Police summary of the accident obtained by USA TODAY Sports. The collision sent Berman’s car down an embankment before it overturned into a small body of water.

The Escape hit a utility pole after the initial collision and the driver, Edward Bertulis, died as result of his injuries.

"This is a devastating tragedy and difficult to comprehend," ESPN president John Skipper said in a statement. "Chris is beloved by all his ESPN colleagues and for good reason: He has a huge heart and has given so much to so many over the years. We know how much his family means to him and all we can do at a moment like this is give him the love and support he will surely need at this hour. Our thoughts and prayers are with Chris, Meredith, Doug and the entire family."

C_dzoKKXkAAI_5W.jpg

Dan Quinn‏Verified account 
@FalconsDQ

Here we go!!!!!! #inbrotherhood

Is it horrible to want some proof? I dunno. I've probably been to over 200 Colin Kaepernick games in my life. Never heard a NFL evaluator say he's not a starting-caliber player.

not disagreeing with you, but how the **** have you been to 200 Kaep games?? :lol:

Damn, RIP to berman's wife. I don't think he'll wanna be around much longer.. wasn't he trying to retire after last season?

I got banned from the fools wildin thread.. bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom