2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diving in soccer is just part of the game. It's annoying to watch, but I've come to accept it.

Some guys do it too much tho, like Suarez and Sergio Ramos.

**** Luis Suarez

It's strategy. The theatrics of rolling around and playing up the severity of the foul is to draw yellow or red cards for the other team so they can possibly get someone thrown out of the game. It's not because they're weak, 99% of those "betches" would wash you in a fight because they're in 100000x better shape than you.

Players sell it cause they know itll trick the ref and give their team an advantage not because they are soft. Not saying I think its right because if we want players to stop doing that there has to be action taken against it show them trying to take advantage of the officiating wont go unpunished. But they dont do it cause they are soft. Soccer is a very physical and tough game

lol nah I know it's to sell the call. But if selling the call is the name of the game every time you get touched then so be it. You can still sell a call to make it noticeable enough to the ref without rolling around for 20 seconds screaming like your foot just got amputated. That's my biggest issue. Like it's nuts that that description isn't even an exaggeration. Hit the floor, blurt out a quick OW F***!, and get on it with it. The ref will have seen enough to make a call or not. Half the time these dudes doing their team a disservice by not just getting back up and playing. 3 seconds is enough to make your point i'd say.

And card should be based on intent regardless of injury which the ref either saw or didn't see. Not wow is that guy really still screaming, I should really consider handing out a card then. Injuries are apart of sports.

Last edited:

It's strategy. The theatrics of rolling around and playing up the severity of the foul is to draw yellow or red cards for the other team so they can possibly get someone thrown out of the game. It's not because they're weak, 99% of those "betches" would wash you in a fight because they're in 100000x better shape than you.

Players sell it cause they know itll trick the ref and give their team an advantage not because they are soft. Not saying I think its right because if we want players to stop doing that there has to be action taken against it show them trying to take advantage of the officiating wont go unpunished. But they dont do it cause they are soft. Soccer is a very physical and tough game
lol nah I know it's to sell the call. But if selling the call is the name of the game every time you get touched then so be it. You can still sell a call to make it noticeable enough to the ref without rolling around for 20 seconds screaming like your foot just got amputated. That's my biggest issue. Like it's nuts that that description isn't even an exaggeration. Hit the floor, blurt out a quick OW F***!, and get on it with it. The ref will have seen enough to make a call or not. Half the time these dudes doing their team a disservice by not just getting back up and playing. 3 seconds is enough to make your point i'd say.

And card should be based on intent regardless of injury which the ref either saw or didn't see. Not wow is that guy really still screaming, I should really consider handing out a card then. Injuries are apart of sports.
Refs do generally hand out cards for intent not just injury its just the players sometimes still try to work the ref because they know the can since even though refs arent supposed to get caught in the emotion of the moment can get caught because they are human. Even if its not them handing out a harsher card at that time you put in the refs mind to watch a certain player and the contact they make for the rest of the game. Its players just doing that extra to gain an edge, can it be annoying yea but its not out of weakness or cause they are soft. 

Players/Coaches I hate:

-Bill Belichick
-Tom Brady
-Rodney Harrison
-Tedy Bruschi
-Julian Edelman
-Darrelle Revis
-Dan Carpenter
-Bobby Bowden
-Urban Meyer
-Nick Saban
-Coach K
-Tyler Hansbrough
-Jim Tressel
-Maurice Clarett
-Steve Spurrier
-Jim McElwain
-Jimbo Fisher
-Christian Ponder
-Dalvin Cook
-Tim Tebow
-EJ Manuel
-Jameis Winston
-JJ Watt
-Kobe Bryant
-LeBron James
-Kevin Garnett
-Paul Pierce
-Rajon Rondo
-Paul George
-David West
-Roy Hibbert
-Danny Granger
-Dirk Nowitski
-JJ Berea
-Alex Ferguson
-Rio Ferdinand
-Gary Neville
-Ryan Giggs
-Cristiano Ronaldo
-Pepe
-Sergio Ramos
-Fat Ronaldo
-Adriano
-Kaka
-Cafu
-Neymar
-Ronaldinho
-Alexis Sanchez
-Arturo Vidal
-Claudio Bravo
-Mario Gotze
-Manuel Neuer
-Thomas Muller
-Joshua Kimmich
-Michael Ballack
-Miroslav Klose
-Gonzalo Higuain
-Sergio Aguero

Last edited:
Disappointed that Dabo Sweeney wasn't up there.

I don't really feel strongly about him one way or the other. We might both be in the ACC but we don't play Clemson every year. Last time we played them they beat us so bad that Al Golden got fired, so they actually did us a favor. Plus, I was glad he was able to beat Nick Saban in the title game this year.

Players/Coaches I hate:

-Bill Belichick
-Tom Brady
-Rodney Harrison
-Tedy Bruschi
-Julian Edelman
-Darrelle Revis
-Dan Carpenter
-Bobby Bowden
-Urban Meyer
-Nick Saban
-Coach K
-Tyler Hansbrough
-Jim Tressel
-Maurice Clarett
-Steve Spurrier
-Jim McElwain
-Jimbo Fisher
-Christian Ponder
-Dalvin Cook
-Tim Tebow
-EJ Manuel
-Jameis Winston
-JJ Watt
-Kobe Bryant
-LeBron James
-Kevin Garnett
-Paul Pierce
-Rajon Rondo
-Paul George
-David West
-Roy Hibbert
-Danny Granger
-Dirk Nowitski
-JJ Berea
-Alex Ferguson
-Rio Ferdinand
-Gary Neville
-Ryan Giggs
-Cristiano Ronaldo
-Pepe
-Sergio Ramos
-Fat Ronaldo
-Adriano
-Kaka
-Cafu
-Neymar
-Ronaldinho
-Alexis Sanchez
-Arturo Vidal
-Claudio Bravo
-Mario Gotze
-Manuel Neuer
-Thomas Muller
-Joshua Kimmich
-Michael Ballack
-Miroslav Klose
-Gonzalo Higuain
-Sergio Aguero

dog....

:rofl:

trey one of my favorite S&T'ers :lol:

dog....

Those are only the people in sports I have real life reasons for hating.

You don't want to get me started on players that have ****** "my friend's" teams over on fantasy football over the years :lol:

Last edited:
@trey ohh five  i repped you for reminding me how much of a ****boi Ryan Giggs is his name slipped my mind earlier. He on my **** you player list too 

Last edited:
dog....

Those are only the people in sports I have real life reasons for hating.

You don't want to get me started on players that have ****** "my friend's" teams over on fantasy football over the years :lol:

:lol:

that list is so damn big :lol:

off the top of my head, only players i truly hate:

- Peyton Manning
- Eli Manning
- Steph Curry
- Terrell Suggs
- Sidney Crosby
- Messi
- all male tennis players (pro, amateur, kids)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom