2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

Dario is not Athletic and not a good enough shooter. Shot is so flat. We need a stretch four on the floor to replace Dario in the lineup.

Agreed with all above. Bench is useless and rotations are terrible. The second unit has nobody that can score. Meanwhile a team like GS brings out nick young, west and livingston

And don't let the minutes fool you there was a stretch earlier in the game where Ben was on the bench for 7 straight minutes. While KD and steph didn't take a break until they basically secured the win. Ben is young, why isn't he out more earlier in the game. Racking up garbage time minutes in the 4th doesn't mean anything when the Warriors are running wild in the third quarter and we still have TLC on the floor

And Joel is stupid. I literally thought he broke his neck when he went slamming face first into the backstop
Dario is not Athletic and not a good enough shooter. Shot is so flat. We need a stretch four on the floor to replace Dario in the lineup.
Should've kept ersan Ilyasova

Also why doesn't stauskas get any burn. I'm not a huge fan of his but he shoots better than TLC and they both are terrible on defense. Why do TLC and Anderson get more minutes than him

This team needs a coach that can instill more discipline and run the team better. Call Mark Jackson

We have our stretch 4 in Bolden overseas. Can shoot, good defense, solid handle and a willing passer. I'm more upset about the Houston loss than this one but teachable moments. We probably won't see Fultz until Mid December/Christmas, hopefully is shot is back

Dario was killing in the first half last night but I will say watching him in person he can't stay in front of anybody decently athletic.

We have our stretch 4 in Bolden overseas. Can shoot, good defense, solid handle and a willing passer. I'm more upset about the Houston loss than this one but teachable moments. We probably won't see Fultz until Mid December/Christmas, hopefully is shot is back

He was really impressive in the summer league, a talented player with good bball IQ. I can't wait to see what he can do when he comes over.

Scooped a Jahlil Okafor jersey for $20 just now. Lids had it on clearance for $55 and I had discounts to drop it to $20. I know he's terrible but he's been a good soldier throughout this ridiculousness

It's a shame because hes super talented and young and has been a trooper. He can be a 20/10 type of guy...I have a hard time believing they couldn't make it work with him coming off the bench and contributing some offense down low...but it is what it is.

Looks like Colangelo has screwed the team out of any return for him at all. I'd be shocked if they get a 2nd round pick for him.

Summer 2016 was the window to trade both Noel and Jah. Now, we will be lucky to get anything in return. Unless it's some crazy three way trade where they need Jah as a filler somewhere.

Why not put him out there, and at least hope to try and improve value? Or is he such a bad fit that it is detrimental to the team to have him on the floor?

I find it difficult to see how Amir is more valuable than Jah at this point. I saw him against the Raptors live at he was hustling his behind out there but picked up two quick fouls but still ended up with 10 and 9 in 22 minutes. He was still a bit of a ball stopper whenever he got the ball though, relying on iso post up situations.

If he can show SOME improvement in any of the following, his value should go up:
  • Defensive IQ
  • Rebounding (I think he is showing some improvement here)
  • A pick and roll game
To his credit, he has developed a mid range game where he is comfortable facing the basket hitting step back shots. But its obvious he worked over the summer to improve his game, it sucks he is not getting the chance to show it.

Amir Johnson isn't better in anyway neither is
Holmes.

Johnson: old, can barely move, on the floor most of the time, can't score, no defense

Holmes: no defense, can catch lobs, can't make own shot

Okafor: no defense, best offensive skills out of all of them

Out of all the options for the second big Okafor is the best option. But he's on punishment for some reason and now Holmes is also banished to the phantom zone for some reason

Now into last night.

-We need to reduce sarics minutes. He's a turnstile and more often than not he's bricking everything he takes. There's no reason for him to be on the court.

-Covington went 1-11. We didn't pay him for that.

-Reddick 4-14, also terrible.

-And we need Ben to be more aggressive and stop doing that stupid floater that never goes down and stop passing when your deep in the lane. Go for the bucket and get the foul

- Embiid had a good game but he's still taking too many unnecessary jumpers. I only wanna see him posting up

- we literally never have anybody posting up for a rebound when the shot goes up

Players started popping off at the Sixers on Twitter over Okafor.

Just trade the dude for a bag of pretzels and be done with it before it becomes an actual distraction.

Players started popping off at the Sixers on Twitter over Okafor.

Just trade the dude for a bag of pretzels and be done with it before it becomes an actual distraction.
I mean it's kinda like colangelo is tone deaf. PLayers do notice how you treat him which breeds resentment.

Last edited:
Our bench is kinda trash. Embiid, Ben, Cov, and TJ at 50% can't do it by themselves.

TLC sucks.

Thank goodness Fultz will be back soon now that he's healed up. Def need to make a trade for a vet or 2(Lou Will? Heard that name get thrown around alot)

And I know @dat dude chris is happy that Jah is gone :lol:

Dario, Justin Anderson, Fultz are all out and TJ's first game back, he was clearly rusty. I'd wait until we are fully healthy and have Booker in rotation before making any moves.

Embiid/ holmes
Dario/ Anderson
Cov/ Booker
Fultz/ Reddick
Simmons/ TJ

TLC, Bayless and Amir should be seeing garbage time once the team is fully healthy. I don't think any change is necessary.

a 2 game skid is nothing to worry about. It's actually crazy to think about being disappointed in a two game skid considering where we were the last three years. :lol:

Feels weird, but good.

Back
Top Bottom