2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I thought BB was good too but I’m starting to question him now.

BC should have been let go for how Noel, Okafor, and Fultz have been handled.

Simmons needs to be more aggressive, no reason for him to only have 6 shot attempts with Embiid out.

RoCo needs to work on his shot selection.

Team coming back down to earth. I still like BB and think id at least let him start next year.

I know there are playoff expectations and I still see them making it, but this is still a super young team coming off of the worst 3 year stretch ever. They need time to gel and see what we have and an offseason to add talent

Brett brown isn't a bad coach but he makes bad decisions and rotations. There's no reason why our starters get pulled at the 5 minute mark where other teams guys play the entire first quarter. There's no reason why amir Johnson is seeing drastically more minutes than Holmes and the late okafor. I feel like every time I look Covington is on the bench and saric is playing full games continuing to put up bricks. The team is bad on defense when Ben and embiid aren't on the floor

Side note: Fultz man. This pick is looking to be the worst in years at the moment. Say what you will about turner, okafor, etc at least they contributed and didn't have mind issues which the team should've known about before hand.

Brett brown isn't a bad coach but he makes bad decisions and rotations. There's no reason why our starters get pulled at the 5 minute mark where other teams guys play the entire first quarter. There's no reason why amir Johnson is seeing drastically more minutes than Holmes and the late okafor. I feel like every time I look Covington is on the bench and saric is playing full games continuing to put up bricks. The team is bad on defense when Ben and embiid aren't on the floor

Side note: Fultz man. This pick is looking to be the worst in years at the moment. Say what you will about turner, okafor, etc at least they contributed and didn't have mind issues which the team should've known about before hand.

The pulling our starters out at the exact same time every game no matter the situation is the most annoying ******* thing about Brett Brown. Every single game you can expect Embiid to be subbed out at the 7 minute mark in the first quarter then Dario, JJ and Covington soon after for TJ, Bayless and TLC. We'll start off hot and then Brett Brown finishes the quarter off with a lineup of like TJ, Bayless, TLC, Dario and Amir Johnson and the other team will keep their whole starting lineup in and go on a big run. It's painful to watch. You cannot just put an entire lineup of role players like that out there with nobody to create their own shot.

Ben needs to get back to being ******* aggressive. Ever since that hack-a-Ben game he's playing like a completely different person. It's like he's scared to go to the line now.

And Fultz I have absolutely no clue what's going on with him but I just pray that there really was some weird injury and he isn't ****** up in the head.

The pulling our starters out at the exact same time every game no matter the situation is the most annoying ****ing thing about Brett Brown. Every single game you can expect Embiid to be subbed out at the 7 minute mark in the first quarter then Dario, JJ and Covington soon after for TJ, Bayless and TLC. We'll start off hot and then Brett Brown finishes the quarter off with a lineup of like TJ, Bayless, TLC, Dario and Amir Johnson and the other team will keep their whole starting lineup in and go on a big run. It's painful to watch. You cannot just put an entire lineup of role players like that out there with nobody to create their own shot.

Ben needs to get back to being ****ing aggressive. Ever since that hack-a-Ben game he's playing like a completely different person. It's like he's scared to go to the line now.

And Fultz I have absolutely no clue what's going on with him but I just pray that there really was some weird injury and he isn't ****ed up in the head.
It’s the same nonsense every game. Bens a young guy. Why can’t he power through it and play a full quarter. He won’t die. Bring McConnell in and give Ben a ball handling break and put him in the post but at least keep him on the court

There isn’t any injury. There’s no structural damage that’s been the case since the whole thing. Somehow during the summer he got mentally broken and couldn’t play. The only hope is that the sizers are keeping him out to rebuild his shot and he comes back a new player. But my hopes aren’t that high.

It’s the same nonsense every game. Bens a young guy. Why can’t he power through it and play a full quarter. He won’t die. Bring McConnell in and give Ben a ball handling break and put him in the post but at least keep him on the court

There isn’t any injury. There’s no structural damage that’s been the case since the whole thing. Somehow during the summer he got mentally broken and couldn’t play. The only hope is that the sizers are keeping him out to rebuild his shot and he comes back a new player. But my hopes aren’t that high.

When I read recently from one of our beat writers on twitter that Fultz basically leaves the gym as soon as the media arrives it sure as hell made me scared about what’s going on with him. And this was said just last week. You already know the way the Sixers work with Embiid that Fultz first needs to play 5 on none then graduate to 5 on 5 full contact to even be close to returning. I really gotta know what the **** is going on with that kid.

This hoodie that Bernard got on is hard. Anyone got info on it?
15351911-A2C9-4089-BA15-2687447FB268.jpeg

Ain’t **** you can do when your best player isn’t players and you only have 2 people who can shoot.

Like this team really needs Fultz (the one who can shoot). Growing pains but we gotta deal with it. We let our expectations get way too high way too fast

It’s hard to believe that Fultz was able to be one of the most dominant players in the country in front of thousands of scouts and NBA players and in nationally televised games on ESPN and be the best player on the court at all times but then the minute he put on an NBA jersey he turned into a mental ******. Whatever has been going on with him is weird as hell...but I hope that’s not what it is.

Over these last few games I’ve just come to notice more and more how supremely untalented the team is. Like you have embiid and Simmons. Good. Then you have reddick. Streaky but good. McConnell, ok as a backup. Then there’s covington who’s as streaky as can be but I’ll put him in the good category. Then Saric who has major defeciencies but I’ll still put in good/ok. That’s it. How can you go into games with this little talent and expect to do anything. We have no bench. What was management doing. There are no bugs in the team outside of embiid who we knew was gonna get injured. Why do the kings have a deeper bench than us

What's all this talk of Fultz mental status?
There was never any structural damage. Colangelo came out and said that right away then we had even more tests done and the doctors said there wasn’t an injury. Like would the sizers or management really put an injured player out there on the court. After what they did with enbiid and Simmons? Nah that’s reckless

Something happened to the guy over the summer where he lost confidence in his shot and some hack coach talked him into changing it and that made it worse. Also it’s not even just the shooting. He was playing timid and with zero aggressiveness. A big difference from what he was in college

Trevor Booker was also solid the three games I saw him play.

We also have Justin Anderson out.

But you're right, one thing we are missing when Embiid is out is someone who can create his own shot, especially down the line. It's hard to count on someone who doesn't have a jump shot to keep the defense honest. That is why we need Fultz so bad. I would say that after Embiid and Simmons, TJ is your next best option to score off the dribble. Cov is the worst iso players I've seen, Redick is a catch and shoot guy, Saric is good, but his first step is no good.

I don't know what's up with Fultz and cannot trust anything the Sixers PR team says, but I hope he gets healthy both mentally and physically. What he did in College and Summer League was special, I hope it is a sign of things to come. It doesn't help that Tatum is killing it right now. Makes me wonder how he would have fit in so nicely with Embiid and Simmons.

B blakep267 TJ-Fultz-Justin Anderson-Booker-Holmes with Bayless, TLC and Amir Johnson behind them was actually a very well put together bench. Just happens that Fultz and Justin Anderson have been out so we’ve had to play Bayless and TLC waaay too many minutes making it look way worse than it is.

B blakep267 TJ-Fultz-Justin Anderson-Booker-Holmes with Bayless, TLC and Amir Johnson behind them was actually a very well put together bench. Just happens that Fultz and Justin Anderson have been out so we’ve had to play Bayless and TLC waaay too many minutes making it look way worse than it is.
Justin Anderson and TLC are no good. I do like booker but he’s newer. I can do without bayless. The bench as it is now is a liability. TJ can’t do it by himself. And please don’t mention amir Johnson. Colangelo was smoking crack with that signing

Back
Top Bottom