2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

I’m good on trading a 23 year old player with potential for a 31 year old who could bounce after the season. Gotta think long term.
I don’t see saric with this potential. He’s not going to turn into peja stojakavic or dirk. He’s not going to get faster. He’s a valuable trade asset. I threw Lou will put there as an example, it doesn’t have to be him. But in the grand scheme of things, Saric is a bench player on a talented sixers team and expendable

B80C6F88-6F51-4C3D-A479-22C038BA8B46.jpeg

2 of these jawnz

I don’t see saric with this potential. He’s not going to turn into peja stojakavic or dirk. He’s not going to get faster. He’s a valuable trade asset. I threw Lou will put there as an example, it doesn’t have to be him. But in the grand scheme of things, Saric is a bench player on a talented sixers team and expendable

With as great as Dario has been playing and as important as he is to our team your *** is really still talking about trading him because he’s not fast enough for you......and the return you’re cool with is Lou Williams on an expiring contract.

Dario has improved in all shooting stats this year, is a good passer, and is a very solid post up player. He’ll never be an all star but I can see him being a 6th man of the year winner and candidate for years on a great philly team.

As for the game tonight, ugly W but I’ll take it. Brett still confuses me with some of the lineups he throws out there, ideally either Embiid, Simmons, or Saric should always be on the floor.

Honestly even doing whatever we can to grab somebody like Belinelli who’s on an expiring deal this year would be a good move. We need some actual scorers off the bench and not just gritty hustle guys like TJ, Justin Anderson, Booker, Holmes and Amir Johnson.

We should be looking at Rodney Hood instead of Marco

I’d like Rodney Hood as well but he’d be much more expensive than Belinelli. Colangelo seems unwilling to part with his precious 1st round pick that should be somewhere around 17-20 this year. If we could find a way to get Belinelli and Ersan in a trade with the Hawks then that would help our bench scoring immensely. Both are on cheap expiring contracts.

Gimme Dewayne Dedmon all day every day over Amir Johnson as well. Give me basically any decent 7 footer with all their limbs intact over Amir Johnson really. The biggest waste of space I can ever remember seeing for the Sixers. Every second he’s on the court is an eyesore. And yet Brett Brown continues to play him every second Embiid is off the floor.

Last edited:
Remember when ersan ilyasova was solid for us last year, but the sixers traded him away to tank. Then he signed a 1 year 6 mill contract with the hawks and we instead signed amir Johnson to a 1 year 11 million dollar contract. Yea I remember

stillin729 stillin729 Whats a good bar in Philly with plenty of parking to watch the game tomorrow? I’m thinking about heading to Philly to watch the game.

stillin729 stillin729 Whats a good bar in Philly with plenty of parking to watch the game tomorrow? I’m thinking about heading to Philly to watch the game.

there is no such thing as plenty of parking, if you are coming to Philly you would best be advised to get a hotel, when they win you aren't getting out of this city

I would recommend Guppy's a couple blocks off South St on Fitzwater and 8th

gupps-ext_1200.jpg

there is no such thing as plenty of parking, if you are coming to Philly you would best be advised to get a hotel, when they win you aren't getting out of this city

I would recommend Guppy's a couple blocks off South St on Fitzwater and 8th

gupps-ext_1200.jpg
Damn so it’s like NYC where parking is scarce?

you can probably find something around that area but you have to drive around a little bit but that area isn't super bad
So there aren’t like any commercial shopping centers with bars that have parking lots?

Remember when ersan ilyasova was solid for us last year, but the sixers traded him away to tank. Then he signed a 1 year 6 mill contract with the hawks and we instead signed amir Johnson to a 1 year 11 million dollar contract. Yea I remember

I swear 99% of the time Amir Johnson looks like he’s going to trip over his own two feet. Brett Brown acts like the other team doesn’t immediately go on a run every time Embiid goes out. Might as well have Holmes in there so we can actually have somebody out there to score the damn ball.

Like stillin said there won't be parking anywhere. I'd recommend Chickie's & Pete's in South Philly though. It's in a shopping center with a nice sized parking lot (which will be full unless you get there early :lol:). It's a huge sports bar/restaurant with four separate bars inside and hundreds of TVs. Convenient location to take the party to Broad Street after we win too :pimp:. Address is 1526 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145.

south_philly_location.jpg

crtsy-chickies-petes-crowd-new-900VP.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 12.10.38 PM.png

Can also hit Xfinity Live as well. Similar to Chickies. Like a block away from the Linc.

Like stillin said there won't be parking anywhere. I'd recommend Chickie's & Pete's in South Philly though. It's in a shopping center with a nice sized parking lot (which will be full unless you get there early :lol:). It's a huge sports bar/restaurant with four separate bars inside and hundreds of TVs. Convenient location to take the party to Broad Street after we win too :pimp:. Address is 1526 Packer Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19145.

Can also hit Xfinity Live as well. Similar to Chickies. Like a block away from the Linc.

^^ listen to this man

You’re gonna have to get wherever you go early as hell though

Thanks I’ll prob hit this spot up. I’ll get there early.

I swear 99% of the time Amir Johnson looks like he’s going to trip over his own two feet. Brett Brown acts like the other team doesn’t immediately go on a run every time Embiid goes out. Might as well have Holmes in there so we can actually have somebody out there to score the damn ball.
This is why I think Brown needs to go. His lineups are nonsensical. Amir Johnson is old and can’t do anything. Holmes isn’t good on defense but maybe having the young guy in there playing and getting experience would be good for him. Nope, let’s keep putting amir in for some odd reason.

Also idk maybe have your lineup where Simmons and embiid are never out at the same time. Play Simmons the full first quarter, take embiid out at 5 minute mark. Start the second quarter with embiid and Simmons on the bench etc. Teams go on runs when both players are out especially embiid. Yet like clockwork it happens every game. Maybe also don’t start either reddick or Covington and leave no shooters for the second team. TLC sucks I’d rather have Covington playing with the second team shooting shots, rather than vanishing with the first team

Ya'all ever heard of Rover? (https://roverparking.com/) It's like Airbnb for parking. I used it all the time in Toronto and there's always plenty of spots, even found one right across the street from where I watched the Mayweather / McGregor fight and it's almost always less than $1 per hour.

So...with KP out, is Simmons a sure thing for the All Star team? or is Blake Eligible to make the East team now?

Back
Top Bottom