2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

When is the Sixers first SL game?

Tonight against the Celtics at 7pm on NBATV

Tatum and Jaylen Brown are playing too. As well as TLC and Jonah Bolden

Melo Trimble, Briscoe, Aaron Harrison, James Blackmon, Larry Drew II, Poythress and Kaleb Tarczewki are also on the squad. Team is stacked as hell for a summer league team :lol:

Last edited:
TJ might have his shortcomings, but he established himself last year. I think he's locked in as the backup pg, no?

TJ might have his shortcomings, but he established himself last year. I think he's locked in as the backup pg, no?

I'd have to say with how much everybody on the team loves him plus his play last year he's most likely guaranteed a roster spot. But with Bayless back and Simmons and Fultz being able to run the point I'm not sure how many minutes he's going to get this year. He can be our Kevin Ollie third string point guard for life though :lol:

TLC is the player Rodney Carney could never be lol once his handle gets stronger he'd be a great 2 for years to come

Carney :lol:

I remember being so hype about dude back in the day :smh:

Should've just kept Thabo

Missed the game due to work. Will catch the replay in an hour. Haven't even seen any stat lines. I'm ready.

Fultz and Bolden looked real nice. Fultz would have racked up more assists if they other players his their wide open shots, but I really like what I saw from him. He has great quickness to his game.

Never knew Bolden can shoot like that, from what I've been reading, I expected a Deandre Jordan type of player but he's not that at all.

Timothe looks like he needs some work.

TLC looked rough as hell. It looked like he was thinking too much out there, which is weird cause you'd think in his second year doing this he'd be looking like how Jaylen Brown looked. At least he was hitting a good amount of threes and he's always good at cutting without the ball and getting open for layups/dunks. Those are the things he's gonna need to be good at to be a good role player for us.

I loved what I saw from Fultz. It was just annoying that he's playing with mostly guys that are just trying to make an NBA roster so a bunch of times guys on his own team were just about running into him trying to get the ball so they could make a play for themselves. Briscoe and Larry Drew II were pretty terrible and Harrison was trying to score every time he got the ball. The two things Fultz needs to work on are finishing at the rim and his free throw shooting. He looks off balance at the line.

So annoying that dudes that didn't even watch the game were hitting me up last night on some "Tatum gave y'all that work" just cause they saw 5 seconds of the game on Sportscenter of him hitting the game winner.

Biggest thing with TLC is improving his functional strength and handle. Dude was losing his balance on a number of occasions. His jumper is ok and he'll most likely be in the short corners once he's on the floor with the full squad. Bolden def surprised me with his activity on the defensive side.

Regarding fultz, I noticed he has a tendency to waver a bit at the ft line, someone that was evident in college and during his workouts. He tends to lean forward after his follow through.

One pleasant surprise from Fultz were his blocks, dude has long arms and had three legit blocks that game, one was after his man beat him off the dribble. That was great to see. His one on one defense could use some work though...

I'd have to say with how much everybody on the team loves him plus his play last year he's most likely guaranteed a roster spot. But with Bayless back and Simmons and Fultz being able to run the point I'm not sure how many minutes he's going to get this year. He can be our Kevin Ollie third string point guard for life though :lol:
Eh Bayless hasn't done anything for us due to injury. Plus his contract is up next year I think. And TJ you can pay for pennies and save cap space. Bayless is probably a better scorer but when Ben and Fultz are on the bench, are you going to count on Bayless to be your primary point guard with the second unit. TJ was fine in that role

I have a feeling TLC will be in the G League just to get playing time this year

Korkmaz also signed

Last edited:
I know they said a couple weeks ago that they wanted Furkan to play in summer league. Can he be added to the roster for this Utah one or do they have to wait til the Vegas one?

They said they're working out details for summer league with furkan, and him playing in Utah sl is still an option

Korkmaz coming over this year is huge. These young euro dudes are about their business.

Ticket prices for the opener gonna be stupid

Korkmaz coming over this year is huge. These young euro dudes are about their business.

Ticket prices for the opener gonna be stupid
Still trying to make it there. I was set to go last year and then Simmons went down. 

the NBA can't get started soon enough. :smh:

I can't wait to see this team in action. Very curious to see what Simmons can bring the team.

The high IQ and unselfishness of Simmons, Fultz, Saric, and Embiid will be a thing of beauty. If we are lucky and everything clicks, we will have a chance to nab the 8th seed.

The season needs to start already!

the NBA can't get started soon enough. :smh:

I can't wait to see this team in action. Very curious to see what Simmons can bring the team.

The high IQ and unselfishness of Simmons, Fultz, Saric, and Embiid will be a thing of beauty. If we are lucky and everything clicks, we will have a chance to nab the 8th seed.

The season needs to start already!

If we're lucky and everything clicks right away and we stay healthy we are sure as hell going to be higher than the 8th seed in the weak *** East.

Back
Top Bottom